Notices

New year challenge

Old 04-11-2022, 10:39 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Going to be some long walks

But seriously, I hope it goes well as it’s not the most relaxing of times.

Actually, despite my Irish ancestry, I’ve only been once, over 20 years ago, and that coincided with Good Friday. The restaurants were jam packed because the bars were closed. Sounds like a good night to stay at home even with the in laws.
Old 04-11-2022, 10:42 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

AL, I'm loving the black and white images. Very glad the meditation is bringing you a positive outcome!
Old 04-11-2022, 02:33 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Thankyou Tursiops nice for a change. Hodd that law changed a few years ago the bars open now on good friday not that it matters to me now thankfully.
Old 04-11-2022, 04:01 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I must admit I was standing outside a pub on a recent Saturday evening. My battery was flat, and I was waiting for a mechanic to come and jump start my car. I waited maybe 20 minutes and passed the time by looking through the pub windows. I could see people who didn’t want to be there. It didn’t look like fun to me.

On a similar note, I went to my local supermarket just now for food, and today I decided to look at the wine. I don’t find this a trigger, but it’s probably not recommended for everyone. I was glad I think that even wine had gone up in price, and the cheapest was around £7 a bottle. That’s £50 a week I would’ve been spending. Yikes.
Old 04-11-2022, 10:52 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hodd I sometimes feel angry at the various drinks companys at the amounts spent on advertising, millions in my small country on 4 million citizens alone compared to the amount spent on warnings. I suppose its my kids i worry about. At the moment my son who's a fitness mad teenager says hes not interested even though he's had that peer pressure already and told me about it.
My older daughter whos in college dose go out and has experienced the dreaded hangover and dosent want to again. I do mention it before she dose go out these days just l reminder slipped into the conversation😁.
Old 04-12-2022, 03:52 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Looking at those supermarket prices last night, I don’t know how younger people can afford alcohol. As I say, my expenditure at today’s prices would’ve been around £3000 a year, and no one can really afford that.

Old 04-12-2022, 04:49 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

I hate admitting it but i was at about €5000 at home drinking on my last year thats about €15 per day on 750ml cheap vodka and thats when the pubs closed, even though i wasn't going out that regular in the end. Then covid as they say put the nail in the coffin so to speak and i thankfully stopped and am grateful every morning i wake sober. No more pain no more suffering inside a feeling of complete sadness was it on a daily basis.
Anyway heres to this morning the first signs of some crops of barley making their way for summer harvest.
Old 04-12-2022, 07:25 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I was a very lowly-paid teacher in Asia in the early 2000s. Alcohol was/is hideously expensive there, and I worked out I spent 30% of my income on it! I wasn’t even that big a drinker then - and didn’t waste those years I’m happy to day (I did that later on 🤣 ). I’m sure we could all quote a large figure of how much we’d spent on alcohol, but I still maintain we’re the lucky ones to have quit and appreciate our lives much more now.
Old 04-12-2022, 07:49 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Catching up,again, nice pics. Love the hand rail one too, and the Celtic cross pic in the low light.

Well, ALL of them actually.

😡😡😡 those idiots that splashed you while walking. Glad you could laugh it off.

Prayers to your wife, and her dad, they must be distraught. May his health team be ever so intelligent and compassionate.

Hugs
Old 04-12-2022, 10:45 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Thanks Free. Hes here now and quite happy with himself. Luckily its been caught early so his consultant seems to be very confident he will have a smooth recovery.
More optimistic news is I had a phone call today to ask me if i was interested in another interview for the company i applied for, i didn't expect it as the last one felt like torture and i tought i didnt do that well. I happily accepted it so back to my notes and memories it all over again😅. 2 hours with 4 different people. Im a sucker for punishment. His advice was tell them same as the last time as they want consistency in my answers. So once more🤞 plenty of time as its not for another month.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:25 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

^
Good news and good luck AL!
Old 04-12-2022, 12:21 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Thanks Robbie
Old 04-13-2022, 04:07 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Early walk listening to my job interview podcasts with some intermittent stops to look at something like a bit of nature or the glorious sunshine making its way up from behind the morning fog. I then have to rewind "do we still say that" as i heard nothing because a robin has caught my eye foraging for it young.Its a great day.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:37 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

It's a great day when a bird catches the eye
Congrats on getting a call back for second interview -- you did well !!
Old 04-14-2022, 02:01 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Thanks Tursiops. Late check in tonight as it was a busy day at work. Finished work and went straight to training with the boys in the rain. Only fit for bed now so goodnight everyone and sleep well.
Old 04-14-2022, 03:09 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Well done, AL. Those guys all look a bit big for me. I went swimming instead. Much easier on the body

I hope this rugby training is getting easier/you’re getting fitter?
Old 04-15-2022, 03:44 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Getting fitter Hodd but not taking part in the tackle training anymore as my neck issue isn't going away and im trying to leave surgery as a last option.
A good day otherwise but doubting thomas makes an appearance every now and then with this interview coming up next month. I go back to mindfulness and tell him where to go, I look at the positive now, where I was to where I am today and the goals of my future.
As normal on my podcast walks a guy suggested he was about to give advice to people in separate rooms and they had to choose which one they went to.
One was how to be rich with so much money you couldnt spend it all, the other was how to be happy no mention of money. He didn't say who went where or how many went to either room. But it dose make you think which you would choose.
I choose money by the way 😅 as im very happy with life right now and intend to keep it that way.
More beautiful nature in the morning mist

Old 04-15-2022, 04:20 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I looked into touch rugby, but it seemed a bit tame for me whilst the real game was just too scary.

For the podcast, I’d go for happy every time. External things such as money (and as this is SR, alcohol) are just temporary, but if someone can be happy inside, they’re luckier than most.

Amazing pic by the way. I have yoga, run and a swim coming up today, but I’ve not even left the house yet 🤣 In my defence, I did some preparation work for some private science lessons coming up. Who has time to watch TV and such things?
Old 04-15-2022, 09:01 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Beautiful morning dew!
Old 04-15-2022, 10:05 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Yes gorgeous pic of the dew! I love your wodden boat pics too, AL. And the black and white.. well they are all fantastic.

I also really appreciate all your great thoughts and meditations.

Those young men look to be in pretty good shape, must be very rewarding.

Hope the week goes past quickly and without stress.

You are living the life, my friend.