Notices

I know I've said this before...

Old 03-29-2021, 03:14 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things will get significantly better if you stay sober - I promise.
I did not like myself either but I gave myself a fresh look sober and I wasn't so bad.

Without the endless self -replenishing list of bad things I did drink, I was a normal decent person.
I think you'll find that too

D
Old 03-29-2021, 03:27 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Things will get significantly better if you stay sober - I promise.
I did not like myself either but I gave myself a fresh look sober and I wasn't so bad.

Without the endless self -replenishing list of bad things I did drink, I was a normal decent person.
I think you'll find that too

D
I'm sure your right. I do like the sober version of me. I think that's why I'm so hard on myself. It's like I'm so close to achieving sobriety, but so far away.
Old 03-29-2021, 03:50 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

If you don't drink tonight you will wake up tomorrow to a sober morning. You will like yourself a whole lot more.
Old 03-29-2021, 03:54 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sammy1980 View Post
If you don't drink tonight you will wake up tomorrow to a sober morning. You will like yourself a whole lot more.
Truth.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:06 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Ordered some take out, watching a movie, and going to bed sober.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:16 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

A lot of my self loathing went away once I was sober and my anxiety and emotions became more stable. I’m not perfect but I never again hated or viewed myself so harshly as I did when drinking and my early recovery. Sobriety to me is a daily way to live. I don’t achieve sobriety as much as I live it and practice it daily. So keep working on it one day at a time. It’s worth it. You’re worth it.
Old 03-30-2021, 10:07 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Woke up with no heart pounding axienty, which is a much better start then yesterday. Day 2, but I'm not so interested in counting this time around. Its really not about how many i can make it, it's about not drinking any day, at all. Still anxious today or perhaps just off kilter. Idk.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:39 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Way to go Backtogood.

I ask myself (now) why I would ever choose drunk over sober. Seems absurd. It baffles me now.

I'm glad you woke up sober. Better days to come.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:43 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Waking up sober, day 3. Feeling good. Wishing upon a bit more sleep, but better to wake up from a little sleep than hungover. My hubs tried to stop drinking the last 2 days. It wasn't a discussed thing, it has been talked to death, but something he just did. I could see him struggling last night, would have been day 2. Around 10pm he made some excuse of wanting a couple so he could sleep. I felt bad for him, cause my 1st attempt 6 months ago was REALLY hard the 1st week. My relapse haven't ever been that bad after making it thru the 1st day, plus i have had sober time in between. He has always downplayed how i have felt physically throughout, saying it is not that hard etc. I could see it in his mood and restlessness and knew exactly how hard it was for him. Anyway, like I've said before, i need to focus on my recovery each day and not worry about his choices. It was a really good sober couple of days with hubby tho, I hope he can, on his own terms, join me. Time to go knock out day 3.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:47 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great job on getting through Day 3. And, I hope your husband can find his path to sobriety, too.
Old 03-31-2021, 02:25 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Thanks anna
Old 03-31-2021, 02:44 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

3 days - wonderful news, Backtogood. Proud of you & rooting for continued success.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:21 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

I survived a social situation with my neighbors, same ones i have slipped with before twice, and it wasn't that bad 😆 They offered, i said no thanks, they still poured me a shot, i laughed and no thanks. And the night moved on. I still felt a little socially ackward not having my buzz on, but happy to be going to bed sober.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:10 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Well done, BTG! That’s a challenging situation, and you did great!

With the better weather coming, I’ll be dealing with lots of similar challenges. Our crew is already talking about all the parties we will be having after everyone is vaccinated.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:22 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

I think you are doing great.
It is really hard to get sober in a home where alcohol is present. Its not impossible at all ....just hard. I just want you to know that you are good enough. You are a good human. You will get sober and you will be healthy in all aspects.

I read about the note you found. Stuff like that breaks my heart. We all need encouragement and someone in our corner. Someone to uplift us and to be our cheerleader. Notes like that can really break a person down and its not right. Its abuse. No one deserves to be treated that way.

We got you. We are your Cheerleaders. I believe in you.

Old 04-01-2021, 08:27 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Well done, BTG! That’s a challenging situation, and you did great!

With the better weather coming, I’ll be dealing with lots of similar challenges. Our crew is already talking about all the parties we will be having after everyone is vaccinated.
yeap, lots of talks of Summer adventures to come. It's going to be tricky to navigate these situations. I mean they don't care if i drink or not, not really. That's mostly in my head. It will be easier as we get More sober time behind us.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:28 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizz View Post
I think you are doing great.
It is really hard to get sober in a home where alcohol is present. Its not impossible at all ....just hard. I just want you to know that you are good enough. You are a good human. You will get sober and you will be healthy in all aspects.

I read about the note you found. Stuff like that breaks my heart. We all need encouragement and someone in our corner. Someone to uplift us and to be our cheerleader. Notes like that can really break a person down and its not right. Its abuse. No one deserves to be treated that way.

We got you. We are your Cheerleaders. I believe in you.
thx mizz
Old 04-01-2021, 08:30 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Waking up day 4. One of the things i love about be sober, besides waking up with no hangover or anxiety, is being able to be productive. Doing the stuff that i had previously put off or avoided. Onwards!
Old 04-01-2021, 09:23 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope Day 4 is a good one.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:03 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Thx anna, it is what i make it and what i let in to bother me. I'm trying to focus on things i CAN control in my life and not dwell on the negative. That said, I made green juice this morning...it's not great. My doctor says more leafy greens and low far proteins. I keep telling myself it tastes better then shooting alcohol, but even that may be a lie.