Notices

I know I've said this before...

Old 02-27-2021, 08:38 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

It was a natural reaction to wonder how I am going to make it through life without drinking. But logically- if something is causing you more problems than it helps- it shouldn’t be something that is too hard to give up.
imagine if you love chicken wings and they make you sick every time you eat them and cause family problems, swearing them off wouldn’t be a big deal.
I’ve been sober close to three years and I am friends with a lot of drinkers, they don’t care- I drink my Perrier and have never had any issues with being at drinking events. Matter of fact most folks that comment at all think it is great and I bet a lot of them wish they were in the same boat as me (not drinking).
Old 02-27-2021, 10:28 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

How are things going today, BTG? So proud of what you have accomplished.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:33 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KidsEverywhere View Post
It was a natural reaction to wonder how I am going to make it through life without drinking. But logically- if something is causing you more problems than it helps- it shouldn’t be something that is too hard to give up.
imagine if you love chicken wings and they make you sick every time you eat them and cause family problems, swearing them off wouldn’t be a big deal.
I’ve been sober close to three years and I am friends with a lot of drinkers, they don’t care- I drink my Perrier and have never had any issues with being at drinking events. Matter of fact most folks that comment at all think it is great and I bet a lot of them wish they were in the same boat as me (not drinking).
I didn't have problems after a year either, but it's really tough the first few weeks or months. And maybe not helpful to compare eating chicken wings to an alcohol addiction? Seems like that is minimizing the seriousness of the problem, at least in my opinion.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:54 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KidsEverywhere View Post
I'm Actually pretty okay with it after a week or two, but not on day 4 when I'm already cranky lol
Old 02-27-2021, 08:04 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

End of day 5. Productive day. Overall good day, sill get tired in the afternoon. Sometime's felt lightheaded or even nauseous, almost like a hangover. Hoping to get some sleep, I think that will help tremendously
Old 02-27-2021, 08:07 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Great job BTG! You're through the actual physical w/d, time for some sleep, hopefully.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:44 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 6. Waking up sober is nice, even with little sleep. After a week i usually start feeling much Better, almost there. I've been spending most of my time working and spending time with my family. Walks, games, movies, actually eating meals instead of drinking them.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:48 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Glad to hear it BTG. Yes at one week things definitely look up. I hope your Sunday is a good one.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:55 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
Glad to hear it BTG. Yes at one week things definitely look up. I hope your Sunday is a good one.
thx surrendered
Old 02-28-2021, 08:46 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
Day 6. Waking up sober is nice, even with little sleep. After a week i usually start feeling much Better, almost there. I've been spending most of my time working and spending time with my family. Walks, games, movies, actually eating meals instead of drinking them.
I’m grad to see you’re feeling better, BTG. Sober family time is awesome!
Old 02-28-2021, 09:16 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Great job! Glad you’re starting to feel better.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:40 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

BTG congratulations on Day 6 and doing so well. Keep moving forward.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:56 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats BTG

D
Old 02-28-2021, 02:47 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Day 6 - How wonderful, BTG. You're doing this.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:37 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Kinda craving tonight. Not going to, but I have to acknowledge that the thought is there.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:00 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Think about how badly you felt. Maybe reread your first post in this thread? Surfing through some cravings myself here. Let’s think of all the reasons why we want to stop.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:20 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Ya. Gonna go pick up some take out (nice to be sober to drive) and hang with my kiddo. Usually i feel better after some food. Make some hot tea, put on some Netflix, and surf SR.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:20 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

BTG or anyone else, thank you in advance for your help. (I had an AXBF, I don't drink but am still trying to better understand everything.) My question relates to your post above that you feel dehydrated, your liver hurts, and your anxiety is really high. I get the first two, can you help me understand the third? The anxiety follows the drinking, not precedes it? (For me, when I'm anxious, I overeat. Not the other way around.)
Old 02-28-2021, 09:11 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OKRunner View Post
BTG or anyone else, thank you in advance for your help. (I had an AXBF, I don't drink but am still trying to better understand everything.) My question relates to your post above that you feel dehydrated, your liver hurts, and your anxiety is really high. I get the first two, can you help me understand the third? The anxiety follows the drinking, not precedes it? (For me, when I'm anxious, I overeat. Not the other way around.)
when I drink (especially heavily) when i wake up the next day I usually have intense anxiety. (Heart pounding, stomach dropping, sweating ect.) When i quit drinking I also experience anxiety, my body is used to the alcohol,
(a depressant) so when i take it away it
my brain is over stimulated which leads to anxiety.
Old 02-28-2021, 09:18 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Winding down day 6. A good day, relaxing for the most part. Some afternoon cravings, can't pinpoint a certain trigger that caused them. Looking forward to a week 2marrow. Things have certainly leveled out emotionally which is nice. Wishing upon some sleep tonight.