Notices

Happy New Sober Year Weekenders 01- 04 January 2021

Old 01-03-2021, 04:04 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hey Bim ~

After my obligatory Puppy Pop Nap earlier today, I looked at the Washing Machine Manual at that handy Link you kindly provided. Connection to a Cold Water Feed [not Cold and Hot] is called out. So, as mentioned here up-Thread, the Washer most likely self-heats Water. As is commonly done these Days; even in our 10 Year-old Dishwasher. Besides that .pdf diagram on Page 12, this sentence below is reassuring. Faucet Threads are very standardized these Days, and have been for Decades. You got this!
  • Included quick connect kit connects the washer to your faucet
Old 01-03-2021, 04:19 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
My sincere sympathy on your loss, Lunar. We've put both sets of Parents to rest over the past Decade or so. Time [to heal] is your friend.

Thus far, it's SSDD here: Sober Sunday ~ Dynamo Dog. MesaPup was pretty wound up this Morning after an early rise, but has settled into his play routine post-Bowser Brekkie. I'll get around to my customary Sunday Omelette after MesaMate finishes up the first of her usual Sunday GabFests with a Gal Pal.

I'll see what sounds interesting today after a Nap. Outside at 2 A.M. with MesaPup in 12 F [-11 C] Degree temps makes for an early start to the Day. Amazing Stars, though!

That face! . I've had the privilege of many dogs in my adult life however my Soul mate dog was a golden and was the smartest, sweetest & loyal dog I ever had.
Lucky you MesaMan & lucky pup
Old 01-03-2021, 06:43 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hi everyone....I haven’t been on here in ages. Weekenders helped me get sober a while ago and I’m forever grateful. It’s nice to see some familiar people. All is well in my world. I’m glad I’m not drinking during this pandemic because I’ve seen many a good person struggle and drink more with being home and all. I’m hopeful that administration of the vaccine will put an end to this. I’m so tired of it.
anyway...I’ll try to check in more often.
my sincere condolences, Lunar.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:19 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good to see you happyandfree

MesaMan, beautiful pup photo with his new friend.

Saou, what is it? I can’t figure it out. Baby spaceship

Bim, the compact waster looks good. They’ve come along way since the portable one I had when I lived on a barge..many light years ago.

Kaily great photos of Alfie and Daisy

I’m under the weather. Think it’s food poisoning from some fish I had. Could be a stomach bug. But dunno. Fair to say the bathroom has been my new long visit room all yesterday afternoon. Still feeling the symptoms but not as bad as yesterday.

See you later xxxx
Old 01-03-2021, 10:04 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Wishing you a speedy recovery Mags.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:40 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning all.

Hope you feel better soon Mags.

Here we go a new work week ...
Old 01-03-2021, 11:58 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Mags, off stomachs seem to go pretty quickly. Hope that's the case for you this time.
Old 01-04-2021, 01:45 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thank you I’m getting there
Old 01-04-2021, 06:30 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Oh no, Mags. I hope the stomach gets better quickly. I always have anti-diarrheal meds on hand...one good thing about Covid is that my kitchen hygiene has become markedly better.

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Bim, the compact waster looks good. They’ve come along way since the portable one I had when I lived on a barge..many light years ago.
And, WAIT a minute. You lived on a barge? Like those fancy ones Sao takes pictures of on the canals? Those old-timey ones? So cool.

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Hey Bim ~

After my obligatory Puppy Pop Nap earlier today, I looked at the Washing Machine Manual at that handy Link you kindly provided. Connection to a Cold Water Feed [not Cold and Hot] is called out. So, as mentioned here up-Thread, the Washer most likely self-heats Water. As is commonly done these Days; even in our 10 Year-old Dishwasher. Besides that .pdf diagram on Page 12, this sentence below is reassuring. Faucet Threads are very standardized these Days, and have been for Decades. You got this!
  • Included quick connect kit connects the washer to your faucet
MesaMan, thank you so much for your input. I think I'll be okay with the hookup. Maybe next year I'll buy a big-girl replacement washer and spend the $1000 but for right now I'm just trying to keep people out of my house. I don't want two workers futzing around in my laundry room. If I can buy something small like the one I linked and just have it delivered (44 pounds) and I can hook it up myself, that fits the bill.

Thank you.

Old 01-04-2021, 07:59 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Mags, I hope you feel better soon.

bimini, I used to work with someone who lived on a barge located close to Little Venice in London. Very posh area which is absolutely beautiful. If anyone visits London it's well worth checking out the area. Abbey Road (of Beatles fame) isn't too far away. https://www.grandroyalelondon.co.uk/...little-venice/

MesaMan, your pup is absolutely beautiful. So cute!
Old 01-04-2021, 08:06 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Yeah, our Lake Union in Seattle has about 500 houseboats, some of which sell for large amounts of dollars in this affluent city.

It's so alluring and romantic.

Houseboat History Archives - Seattle Afloat: Seattle Houseboats & Floating Homes
Old 01-04-2021, 08:21 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

^
There's some beautiful houseboats there but the prices are eye-watering! $1,7000,000 - yikes!
Old 01-04-2021, 08:36 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Ha ha they really are houseboats Bim!

I remember taking this, it was very early, cold and foggy. Can't believe it was seven years ago.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:37 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Magsie

Bim, I thought the worst at first, I was boiling hot and my thermometer wouldn’t read my temperature. Fortunately it was just an horrible stomach bug or food poisoning. Mr. Mags didn’t get it though.

Yeah I owned a barge, (Very cheap to live, we (me and the ex husband) bought the shell and did it out ourselves, not in as beautiful place as Seattle though. I always fancied an house next to the water like in sleepless in Seattle.

Robbie, little Italy is gorgeous. It looks a good place to live.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:40 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Last time the Sleepless in Seattle houseboat went on the market it was listed at $2.5 million...

https://www.housebeautiful.com/desig...tle-houseboat/
Old 01-04-2021, 08:43 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Our Clothes Dryer ate it in 2020, so I reluctantly sprung for a new, Stackable Set. I can/have fixed about anything, but I assumed Replacement Parts might be tied up on some Dock in Long Beach CA for Months as CV-19 kicked in. We'll never know. The new Front Load Washer works swimmingly, so 'tis all good there.

It did make me recall first washing Clothes in the usual Kitchen-installed Front Load Washer in Scotland. It permanently resided like any Dishwasher. Huh? Took fo evah to do a Cycle. This was in a new Self-Cater House in Mallaig on the West Coast. The Terminus for the Steam Train used in 'Harry Potter'. Never had seen the Movies ~3 Decades ago, but got some good Pix of the very impressive Train once I saw all these Train Spotters Track-side setting up their Cameras on Tripods.

Which caused me to think of the Isle of Skye in the distance there before the Bridge was built. We took the Ferry over. See some Skye Eye Candy linked here:

Isle of Skye Pix

PM me with any new Washer glitches, Bim. We'll sort it out w/o boring Folks here. We just had some mondo Mirrors installed in the Home Gym by MesaMate's new Pilates Machine. Local Gomers didn't wear Masks, so we had to do The Distance Dance while masked-up around them working. Not a yuge deal, but stupidly naive of them in these times. Science. So, I hear ya about Washer-related Condo Cooties.

Killer Pic, Kaily. We had a hoidy-toidy Dinner on a Restaurant Barge when the London Docklands were first being rehabbed. Memorable fun, as are so many Barges in Amsterdam...
Old 01-04-2021, 08:45 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Thanks, Mesa.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:49 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

I need a new dishwasher - I keep it in the kitchen just like a washing machine, but for plates. weird.

the dryer went in my washer/dryer years ago, but I just hang stuff on a clothes horse to dry.

this is a clothes horse for any US-types

Old 01-04-2021, 12:09 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Kaily, what's the story on that barge you "took?" I mean that sounds very mysterious in general.

You "took" it - meaning it is some form of public transportation or hired excursion of some sort?

...or you "took" it - meaning you went on an "unauthorized" joy ride??

We don't have canal barges like that here, so I'm not able to figure it out!
Old 01-04-2021, 12:19 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I think if I was going to steal something for a joy ride it wouldn't be a barge.

Boringly, I just mean't I took the picture.

You can hire them though for self sail holidays which would be fun.