Notices

Will be seeing in the bells sober SOBER.

Old 12-31-2020, 03:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lpg

Will be seeing in the bells sober SOBER.

Well I'll probably be in bed by the time the bells come but that's okay with me. This will be the first new year I've had that I've been sober from alcohol (3 years 1 month) AND weed (10 days) , hence why I say sober SOBER! I'm pretty excited about the prospect of becoming free from all substances in 2021.

I'm proud of myself for keeping at it and I'm really grateful for all the help & support I've received here since joining. Starting a thread so I'm held accountable into the new year, I seem to make 2 weeks and cave I really wanna do it this time. I know this is alcoholism thread but it's really quiet in the cannabis one. I'm feeling really great today actually, feel like the crappy mood is leaving me.

If uv just joined to SR honestly do stick around and don't be afraid to keep coming back. Just keep going till you make it. Wish everyone a happy new year when it comes all the best
Old 12-31-2020, 03:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's terrific lpg - congratulations

D
Old 12-31-2020, 05:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lpg

Thanks Dee I'm really feeling great about it. Thanks for all the encouragement
Old 12-31-2020, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Another weed quitter. That's 2 posts today I've seen. Congratulations, you are an inspiration to me.
Old 12-31-2020, 06:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Lpg

Hey 16daysdrunk I know the other thread inspired me to get started also,IT WAS TIME!

I checked out your post, it feels so good when the crap feeling leaves and then you become more focused & energetic doesn't it??! And the money side of things too... I was really starting to feel it financially. Would be great to see you join us & congrats on nearly 3 years alcohol free too.
Old 12-31-2020, 06:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done. You can do this! I was a big weed smoker many many years ago, before I drank alcohol but I guess I cant have been addicted because I was able to quit it easily. Alcohol is my primary addiction and I am grateful to be sober 2 years and 8 months now but I did also have a problem with pills like valium xanax and sleeping tablets and now I dont put anything mind altering into my body at all including sleep aids like nightnurse or benadryl because I can easily abuse them and it is great to be free from everything and clear headed.

My brother has a serious marijuana addiction. He is in his early 40's now and has been smoking since his teens. He said he is going to quit tomorrow. He has never really wanted to quit before even though it has brought lots of consequences including almost breaking apart his marriage. So many people think that marijuana is a harmless drug but I have seen first hand the problems it brings when I look at my brother. I pray he is able to do this 🙏🙏

Stay close to SR and Happy New Year to you!

❤🙏❤
Old 12-31-2020, 07:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Lpg

Hey snitch thank you for you encouragement today and the other day also in the mj thread, your post really helped me get through that day I was kinda loosing it.

Yes we do have a tendancy to abuse anything that brings us some relief (or what we think is relief) , Im the same with nightnurse actually and antihistamines that make you sleep. Used to use vallium for hangovers also so I like to avoid them at all costs too. Huge congrats on 2 years 8 months

I hope your brother sticks with his desicion to quit tomorrow, I have often said myself marijuana is harmless, not a gateway drug, its medicine... Its from nature!! So on and so on... Ill tell myself anything to feed my addiction. Fair play to those who can use it how its intended but that just isn't me. Same with alcohol, some people can... I'm one who can't. Its really that simple. Time to focus on doing the things that are right for me.

I've been stuck to SR like glue, I have to right now. Happy new years to you too snitch all the best
Old 12-31-2020, 02:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RAL

Happy New Year from across the country
Old 12-31-2020, 03:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Happy New Year LPG, I'll be ringing it in sober as well. Here's to better things all around for everyone in 2021.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lpg View Post
Well I'll probably be in bed by the time the bells come but that's okay with me. This will be the first new year I've had that I've been sober from alcohol (3 years 1 month) AND weed (10 days) , hence why I say sober SOBER! I'm pretty excited about the prospect of becoming free from all substances in 2021.

I'm proud of myself for keeping at it and I'm really grateful for all the help & support I've received here since joining. Starting a thread so I'm held accountable into the new year, I seem to make 2 weeks and cave I really wanna do it this time. I know this is alcoholism thread but it's really quiet in the cannabis one. I'm feeling really great today actually, feel like the crappy mood is leaving me.

If uv just joined to SR honestly do stick around and don't be afraid to keep coming back. Just keep going till you make it. Wish everyone a happy new year when it comes all the best
I mean, actually.... this is the "Newcomers To Recovery" thread - and I'd say that 10 days in recovery qualifies you as a 'newcomer'!!! Just like me.... though I have 7 years and am now into my 8th year of sobriety from Alcohol..... I find myself (as you know) struggling as a newcomer with regard to cannabis.

And so as you head into the New Year sober and clean... drug-free and deepening your sobriety and your self growth and richness of life......

I want to thank you. You're helping me. You're acting in service to me. You don't even know who I am - yet you serve me and that offers me something to be grateful for about my own efforts to put cannabis back on the shelf where it was for most of my 7 years of sobriety.

I'm proud of you.

I'm grateful for you.

I believe in you..... and there is a higher power at work supporting you, supporting me, and beckoning for us to continue the ever-unfolding journey of becoming our Best and Highest Selves.

Old 12-31-2020, 11:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Happy New Year LPG, I'll be ringing it in sober as well. Here's to better things all around for everyone in 2021.
Happy new year Scott so nice to see you back here. You helped me so much in the beginning.
Old 12-31-2020, 11:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Woohoo!! Congratulations on your sober SOBER NYE lpg!!!

I hope you have a very lovely first day of 2021!
Old 12-31-2020, 11:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
I mean, actually.... this is the "Newcomers To Recovery" thread - and I'd say that 10 days in recovery qualifies you as a 'newcomer'!!! Just like me.... though I have 7 years and am now into my 8th year of sobriety from Alcohol..... I find myself (as you know) struggling as a newcomer with regard to cannabis.

And so as you head into the New Year sober and clean... drug-free and deepening your sobriety and your self growth and richness of life......

I want to thank you. You're helping me. You're acting in service to me. You don't even know who I am - yet you serve me and that offers me something to be grateful for about my own efforts to put cannabis back on the shelf where it was for most of my 7 years of sobriety.

I'm proud of you.

I'm grateful for you.

I believe in you..... and there is a higher power at work supporting you, supporting me, and beckoning for us to continue the ever-unfolding journey of becoming our Best and Highest Selves.
Well really it was your thread and quit in the first place that got me here so Im grateful for that. I'm understanding now soberity works better as a collective helping each other along the way and sharing our experiences together.

Heres to becoming our best and highest selves in 2021.
Old 01-01-2021, 12:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by SunnyCoastK View Post
Woohoo!! Congratulations on your sober SOBER NYE lpg!!!

I hope you have a very lovely first day of 2021!
hehe woke up feeling bloody fantastic this morning thank you sunnycoast. Happy new year to you too all the best for 2021
Old 01-01-2021, 03:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Great going Lpg! Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2021, 11:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by MissPerfumado View Post
Great going Lpg! Happy New Year!
Thank you happy new year to you too ❤️
Old 01-06-2021, 11:58 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Lpg

Updating here for myself incase I need to look over old posts again.

On day 17 now, can't believe I've made it this long it's the longest quit I've done on cannabis. I'm feeling good about it. Paranoia I chose (in denial) to ignore is more or less away. My evening are free for me and my partner now, I'm more present with my family. I'm not spending huge amounts of cash on weed.

I feel like any alcohol cravings I was having have calmed down, this is big actually because i didn't realise how it was affecting me. I haven't even thought about alcohol recently.

A few negative things I'm feeling more tired than ever but I think that's less to do with being cannabis free and more to do with lockdown, not enough sunlight & excersie. And possibly a medical issue that I'm getting checked at hospital next week.

I feel like I'm on the right path though.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
RAL

Great result LPG - keep going
Old 01-07-2021, 02:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Wow Lpg, that’s a huge achievement. Well done you! Just keep it going and keep posting. 2021 is off to a great start for you, keep at it.

@snitch: please point your brother to the marijuana section on this forum. It can be of great help, even if you only visit it as a reader.