Old 11-29-2020, 07:04 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jross View Post
Sorry for the late Thanksgiving I'm new here
Hi Jross, welcome to ST and the Weekenders thread
Old 11-29-2020, 08:07 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Serene Sunday!

Sourdough French Toast and a hot Italian Snausage for Brekkie. Sunday is the sole Day I break from my perfunctory Oatmeal & Banana scarf. The Kitchen is all cleaned up, and there's no place to go. Safely, that is. I got Kitchen & Bath Cabinet Latches installed yesterday to prevent random openings by MesaPup when he arrives Home this Wednesday, so I can kinda coast today while doing non-urgent busy work. After a Treadmill session that went missing while I was down in the Desert.

While sitting at a quiet Bay on Lake Mead at Sunset last Week, I was near a ~5'-tall section of layered Rock where one 'band' was the distinctive material seen below. A smart Pal here guesses it's Quartz, so I went with that. It reminded me of Bone, and is now added to my Travel Collection. Ancient items gently remind me of how transient this projected Reality is, and how much easier it is now to remain Sober through it all.

Tina Turner has seen some Life, and turned 81 a few Days ago. A real Trooper...

'It's Only Love' ~ Tina Turner & Bryan Adams

Old 11-29-2020, 11:37 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Samantha

Staying sober, but even though I'm only at 6 days, the cravings are REAL. Wow, the lockdown is dragging me straight down into a hole. I want to get out and see people, and help people and go to the damn GYM!!!!!! My God, I miss the gym.
Old 11-29-2020, 01:33 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I’m in, better late than never

Yes Robbie I went camping. Where we go there’s no phone/internet reception. Just bush, river, sky and wildlife. Bliss

Bim I really like your mantra
I'm still living by the Eat, Move, Sleep self-care no-pressure mantra.

Old 11-29-2020, 02:21 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Velvetee View Post
I'm in the same boat except for anger. 3 weeks that is. I'm a very calm person with extremely bottled emotions Sleep is absolute crap and I am losing weight because I can force myself to eat only twice a day and not much. Do you take any meds? I'm thinking of going back to my doctor for adjusting my treatment.
I have a prescription for xanax, only take it when I have a panic attack I can't talk my way out of. Cheaper than the ER. Other than that I just take a multivitamin. I've tried out different meds, anti-depressants mainly since I was 10. I'm almost 33. My plan is to leave my brain alone for a while. I'm guessing you're taking something?

Old 11-29-2020, 02:37 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry you're struggling Samantha. Even walking helps. Physical tiredness does help you get to sleep at a reasonable time which in turn acts as a shut-off point for cravings. Hang in there.

Nice pic of the Christmas decorations Robbie.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:03 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Magsie

Samantha, if you go for a walk can you do some power walking or running? It really is frustrating I agree. Remember to look after you first.

Willow, pleased you had a good weekend.

MesaMan, beautiful rock. I bet you and MesaMate are both excited for MesaPups arrival.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:48 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Latha Naomh Anndra sona dhuibh (or Happy St Andrews Day) to anyone in or from Scotland. Sadly, most celebrations in Scotland have been cancelled due to Covid.

It's now the last day of November. Tomorrow my Christmas season officially begins (I always wait until at least 1 December before doing anything Christmassy such as listening to Christmas music or putting up decorations). I do intend to watch what I'm eating for the next three weeks as I usually have far too much to eat over the Christmas and New Year period...
Old 11-29-2020, 04:57 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I have been a miserable git oif late-
pain + fatigue + (the real kicker) nausea makes PJ a very dull boy.
Migrainesl back/burns pain on and off for weeks- and docs and xrays and all the rest cannot pinpoint any singular cause, been getting them since I was 10.

One thing, several actually is I have no desire or urge to go back to drinking to mask the pain.
Pain is crap, but it is real. Drinking is not.
Pain reminds me I am alive.
I drank to escape from life, which was always patiently waiting for me...
I choose life- sober and in more control of me.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:45 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope December and 2021 will be kinder to you PJ

D
Old 11-29-2020, 07:28 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

PJ, through all your pain, you do you art course, you visit SR and support whoever needs it, you are talented and above all, your humour never falters. It’s always there, hard though it must be for you to plow through your daily pain. You’re an amazing person PJ, a shining star. I do hope your pain fades and if miracles happen, hope it goes forever.

Robbie, 1st December starts the build up to Christmas for me too usually. To be honest I wasn’t going to bother with decorations this year but fortunately Mr. Mags has different ideas. So the trees and decs will be going up. Which is nice really.
I thought your keyboard had gone crazy until I realised you were wishing a good St. Andrew’s day.

Well I’ve got this inkling to bake. Probably because I read on SR posts about people’s baking. So I’m attempting mince pies today. No, don’t stop me! I won’t be swayed. I’ve now got all the equipment I need. Rolling pin, pastry cutters, all the ingredients and a dodgy oven. (The dodgy oven is in case they don’t turn out well)

The good thing about being sober, for me, is I don’t wake up hungover, with a self inflicted headache, and feeling pretty crap, I can drive whenever I want, not worrying, as I used to, if I’m ‘safe’ to drive going to work.
It is a feeling of freedom, the crutch has been thrown away. I have peace in my life, for the first time ever.

For the weeks and months of cravings and anxieties we may feel when we first stop drinking, looking back they’re worth it. They’re worth it to be where I am today. Life has its ups and downs but I can face them head on without hiding behind alcohol anymore.

It really is putting one foot in front of the other, baby steps will do because they turn into big sure strides of a person who has freedom. A person who takes life on the chin. A person who is happy with their lot. A person who is grateful to have got sober.

Right I’ll get off my soapbox

Take care. xx
Old 11-29-2020, 11:12 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Mr

Hoping you felle better soon PJ !

Morning all, the weekend flew by. The weather was amazing
I went on lots of walks and outdoor stuff generally and yesterday ate way too much...

Time to work and coffee

Salutation to all
Old 11-30-2020, 12:19 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Mags, I'd love to eat a fresh, home baked, mince pie. Yum! I'm useless at baking, I can't remember the last time I even attempted to bake something.

I'm full of cold this morning. I've had one threatening to come out in force for a couple of weeks now. I thought it was going away on Friday but last night it came back with avengence. Sneezing last night, woke up a few times during the night to sneeze and now I'm sneezing again. And I'm feeling a bit shivery and generally feeling yuck. Hopefully it clears up a little bit soon as I've got lots to do today. I'm enjoying a cup of tea at the moment though.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:38 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Magsie

Robbie, hope your cold doesn’t hang about too long. I found that hot lemonade (I heat it in microwave) then add spoonful of honey it two and if you’ve got them, slices of lemon. It does soothe but doesn’t cure.

Hi Vinny, you was the one with nice weather. It’s been awful over here in England. Maybe all uk, not sure.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:43 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I like hot water with a splash of lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey as well when I have a cold.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:47 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

PJ I have been getting lots of migraines too. One in particular was so painful, I wanted to cry.

I can't bake either. The other day I was looking at the cake box mixes but decided even those were beyond my capabilities. Plus they made 12 to 24 cakes and I would of eaten them all!

Hope your cold gets better quickly Robbie. I am just getting over one myself, luckily it didn't last long but I did wonder where I got it being masked up when in shops and living alone.

I have an intense dislike of Christmas, I have my reasons, well lots of them. Roll on spring.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:48 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Magsie

I think that works just as well CityBoy. I think I just like the bubbles on the lemonade.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:50 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Kaily, Christmas will soon pass love. Bonus is there’s sometimes good stuff on the tele....sometimes
Old 11-30-2020, 12:56 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry to read of your pain PhoenixJ, I suspect you have quite a high tolerance of it too so if it is bothering you it must be bad. Do go to your doctor and tell him/her what you are experiencing, I feel sure you will be a compelling enough patient that they will endeavor to relieve the cause pain from at least one area, the migraines maybe. Don't forget you are not "weak" or a nuisance for seeking pain relief, we cannot function well if we are in too much pain. As Mags pointed out you are a shining star and well worth some medical attention in order to feel better.

Happy Monday Weekenders, I hope everyone got through the Thanksgiving weekend unscathed. Pat on the back if you did, keep trying if not.

Feel better Robbie. It is the season of colds and flu now, I wonder what impact that will make on the pandemic.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:27 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

((((Kaily, Robbie, PJ)))) Hope you're all feeling better and are pain-free very soon

I had a huge bout of self-loathing yesterday. I felt fat and ugly and worthless and just wanted to eat everything in sight to suffocate those emotions. I didn't, though, as I'm determined to stay bulimia-free and I feel better today.

I'm concerned that those feelings were so strong. I was hoping that, with much more self-care than before, they might weaken. Hopefully they will in time or maybe I'll learn to ignore them.

Hope everyone else survived the weekend and is doing well xxxxx