Notices

Thanksgiving Weekenders 27-30 November 2020

Old 11-28-2020, 02:30 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It is pretty commonplace around these parts to struggle to sleep Velvetee. I used to force myself to get out of bed early, it was tough but worth it because like most I didn't want booze first thing but it helped knock an hour off being awake in the late evening when I did.

Well done on 5 weeks bulimia free Devizes, good going. If it is anything like alcoholism it should get easier in a week or two. I hope so.

Well done on 4 months Owen, and the weight loss.

Santa Claus was arrested in Central London today protesting about lockdown restrictions or something. He should have stayed at the North Pole.
Old 11-28-2020, 02:51 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Oh, I nearly forgot.

Some feel good music from Brazil.

https://youtu.be/_TbWqwYGzCg

Old 11-28-2020, 02:55 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Evening Weekenders. Hope everyone is having a relaxing day.

Pretty pictures time. A member of my local town Facebook page has uploaded some pictures taken earlier this evening in my local village centre. It's of the Christmas tree and lights that have recently been switched on. They look lovely. At the time the photos were taken the village would be busy with people out and about on a Saturday evening but due to everywhere being closed at present the village centre is almost deserted. The first picture is of the Christmas tree which is standing next to what is usually a busy restaurant. Pictures two to four are of the village green area with in picture 4 the War Memorial in the foreground and a couple of (oak?) trees covered in lights in the background. I think picture 4 looks beautiful.

Old 11-28-2020, 02:57 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

^
Hopefully the above pictures aren't too big to view without causing any problems for anyone viewing the website on a phone.
Old 11-28-2020, 03:58 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I'm close to 3 weeks I think, still not keeping track of exact days. Still struggling with sleep, anger issues and severe depression.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:21 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

prayers relena
Old 11-28-2020, 07:13 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Magsie

Relena

Robbie great photos, not too big from my iPad at all. Just right. I absolutely love the oaks with their lights. Wow, that must’ve taken a while to set up. Great Christmas tree too and war memorial, standing so proud.

Sao I enjoyed the music thank you. I forget to comment most times.

Bim, it has been a trying year, it really has. The news like to go over and over, cogitating every detail, truth or lie. In history it will go down as a world pandemic, with who knows how many wounded or worse, killed by it, sadly.

I remember when it first started and Bim, you mentioned that when you’d been out to the shops and came back home you changed all your clothes, and washed the ones you were out in, I thought wow, Bim’s thorough.
I took that lesson for when I had any visits to the hospital. You gave me a ‘safety tool’ to hang on to. You really helped me, thank you.

My body clock is still out of sync. If I was working it would cause me stress but not working I’m just relying on it to get back to my normal soon.

Have a good Sunday, take care xx

Old 11-29-2020, 12:02 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders

Mags, the workmen were putting lights on the tree for at least a couple of days. I'll have to go and see the lights for myself.

relena, I hope you can start to feel better soon. Congratulations on heading towards 3 weeks.

I've not got anything planned for today. Unless the weather improves later this morning I think I'll probably go for a quick walk after breakfast and then get back home and stay indoors for the rest of the day. It's grey, foggy, cold and damp outside. It's definitely "stay at home" weather.
Old 11-29-2020, 12:57 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
I believe in miracles :)

Originally Posted by relena View Post
I'm close to 3 weeks I think, still not keeping track of exact days. Still struggling with sleep, anger issues and severe depression.
I'm in the same boat except for anger. 3 weeks that is. I'm a very calm person with extremely bottled emotions Sleep is absolute crap and I am losing weight because I can force myself to eat only twice a day and not much. Do you take any meds? I'm thinking of going back to my doctor for adjusting my treatment.
Old 11-29-2020, 12:58 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Robbie, great pics!

And have a great Sunday, everyone!
Old 11-29-2020, 01:25 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Robbie, I can imagine it taking a good while to fit the lights.

Velvetee, might be worth speaking to your doc.
Old 11-29-2020, 01:45 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Velvetee, I agree with Mags, it might be worth speaking to your Doctor.
Old 11-29-2020, 02:25 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys, you are right.

Old 11-29-2020, 02:54 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

This time of year is not a very joyous one for me personally. A time to get through. Good to be able to come here and voice that. Most people in my world I can't say that to!
Old 11-29-2020, 03:24 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Day 73 today. Been struggling with depression. But today I got out of bed, shaved, brush my teeth, had a shower and went for a run. Feel great now. Going to head for a walk later. Got to shift some of these pounds.
Old 11-29-2020, 03:41 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Sorry for the late Thanksgiving I'm new here
Old 11-29-2020, 05:10 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Erica375

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Day 73 today. Been struggling with depression. But today I got out of bed, shaved, brush my teeth, had a shower and went for a run. Feel great now. Going to head for a walk later. Got to shift some of these pounds.
Congrats on day 73! A tool I have used to help motivate me is a chart. I make a list of things I need to do every day (make bed, brush teeth, take pills, go for a walk, et cetera) and then check off each item as I do it. That way I can see what needs to be done, and seeing the check marks gives me a sense of accomplishment. And after a while it becomes second nature. You get into a routine.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:26 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erica375 View Post
Congrats on day 73! A tool I have used to help motivate me is a chart. I make a list of things I need to do every day (make bed, brush teeth, take pills, go for a walk, et cetera) and then check off each item as I do it. That way I can see what needs to be done, and seeing the check marks gives me a sense of accomplishment. And after a while it becomes second nature. You get into a routine.
Hmm good idea. Just back from a 4km walk, so that's 6.5km total today including my run. Will go for a 3.5km walk later to make 10. Desperately need to start losing weight,
Old 11-29-2020, 05:27 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Welcome, Jross.

Thanks, Mags.

Awake, I'm not a big fan of holidays either.

Drinking would make all this exponentially worse. So much worse.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:02 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Magsie

Awake, always good to come and talk here. Much better than drinking I find.

Hi Jross, Welcome

Freedomfries, Congratulations on day 73. Glad you felt better after a run.