Notices

Patience this weekend? - Weekenders 16-18 October 2020

Old 10-18-2020, 09:37 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Mr

Jeez the thread moved along nicely over the weekend.
I'm sorry to see some people suffering, hope you can reach out for help those who can.
It seems to be more morose than ever this year between covid and the winter setting in. Hang tough weekenders.

So eventhough the winter is setting in and the temperatures are getting lower and lower it was a beautiful weekend here. I got my firewood delivered and neatly stacked in its shed.
I now can work 3 days a week from home officially. Thats pretty cool. I try to avoid the bad traffic days like tuesdays and thursdays

I have been joining you with the breathing exercises Mags. It is so easy to under estimate it

Well here we go, time to attack Monday (my favoite day)
Old 10-18-2020, 09:57 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Magsie

Have a good Monday, Vinny
Old 10-19-2020, 01:12 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Morning lovely weekenders. Lovely to see you Vman!

Plan for the day is to keep busy and clean up the house, clean bedsheets and general sort out so I don’t spend my week off sat in an unhealthy environment. Also going to start taking my meds again and will try to stick with it. Earlier in the year I was diagnosed as having PMDD brought on by the peri menopause. Never suffered really with issues like this all my life so it’s taken along while to accept what that means. I went on on support websites and did some proper research last night and are feeling more positive about myself. I’ve been medicating the symptoms with alcohol but just thinking I am going mad and loosing the plot. But after reading others stories who have had a severe reaction I realise I am not. Just a shame this all started so early in my sobriety and then Covid hit us. A lot of things make sense now, and I am ready do deal with it all sober.

Huge hugs to everyone and especially those who are struggling xx
Old 10-19-2020, 02:01 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope a better day is ahead for all

D
Old 10-19-2020, 03:04 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

One of the ladies I met at rehab added me to a fellowship walking group about 6 months ago. They do walks every Sunday in some beautiful places but I’ve never had the confidence to go. I am also not very fit and didn’t want to be that person having a heart attack at the back slowing everyone down. They are doing an easy walk in the Lake District this Sunday....and I have booked myself in for it!! Nervous and scared but I promised to do something different this time as my previous plans were not keeping me sober. x
Old 10-19-2020, 03:09 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
One of the ladies I met at rehab added me to a fellowship walking group about 6 months ago. They do walks every Sunday in some beautiful places but I’ve never had the confidence to go. I am also not very fit and didn’t want to be that person having a heart attack at the back slowing everyone down. They are doing an easy walk in the Lake District this Sunday....and I have booked myself in for it!! Nervous and scared but I promised to do something different this time as my previous plans were not keeping me sober. x
Oh, Mantalady, that sounds like a great idea. I'm sure everyone will be very supportive and the scenery will be amazing!
Old 10-19-2020, 03:48 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Erica375

Well, I have another doctor appointment this morning, and after Wednesday's debacle I want to prepare myself. I think this one will be easier, but I'm not taking any chances.
Today's visit is with my neurologist. She will want to know if I've had any seizures (I haven't), I will want to whine about how much my back hurts, she'll refill my meds, and that will be it. I hope.
I don't expect there to be any invasive procedures, like sticking a camera up my nose, that caught me off-guard last time, but I will go in there with my eyes open, just in case.
And I will bookend. I'll come back here and post as soon as I get home.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:50 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Hope it goes ok Erica! X
Old 10-19-2020, 03:57 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes for today Erica
D
Old 10-19-2020, 03:59 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Erica375

Thanks, guys!
Old 10-19-2020, 04:47 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Vman, don't think I've ever heard anyone say that Monday was their favorite day. Very positive attitude.

Mantalady, I would not imagine a fellowship group walk to be overly rigorous.

Erica, I hope the neurologist appointment goes well and that you are able to manage your anxiety.

Divizes, Lixie, and Kaily, hope you all have a great week.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:23 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Good Monday Morning, all.

Another Weekend under our belts - not too shabby; not too shabby at all.

(((Mags))). I hear you loud and clear; these times are so challenging; COVID has permeated our lives and changed it in ways we never expected. Keep those deep breathing exercises handy.

Hope your appointment goes well today, Erica; please let us know.

manta, the walk sounds really nice. I bet that it will be quite leisurely.

Vman, it is so great to see you posting more frequently.

I am reading Henry Wadsworth Longfellow’s “Evangeline”; it is so beautifully written. I have his “Song of Hiawatha” in the waiting; looking forward to that, too.

Have a lovely day, all.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:37 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Magsie

Erica, all the best for your appointment.

MantaLady, a walk in the lake district sounds great.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:55 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Erica375

Well, I'm home. Sober but weeping. The neurologist's NP gave me a lot to think about concerning pain management. I'm not happy with any of it. Feeling really agitated.
In light of that, I cancelled the appt for a follow-up with th ENT and for a hearing exam. The hearing exam was starting to feel very invasive, because of childhood bad experiences. I can't deal with it right now. I know my family will let me know when I need a hearing aid, because I made them promise they would after what we went through with my dad refusing to get a hearing aid.
Today was kinda sucky. Wish it were bedtime.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:55 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That sounds like a good thing MantaLady. Walking = endorphins = mood enhancing for drinkers and non drinkers alike.

Good luck at the doctors Erica.

I FINALLY managed to get my flu jab at last - they have been in short supply here.

I can remember reading song of Hiawatha ages ago. I guess there were still unconquered Native American areas when he was young. From the sublime to the ridiculous, this is the only other song lyrics about Hiawatha that I know of. The Sweet were once described by a music journalist as "bricklayers in makeup" which is a bit harsh but I can see where the thought came from. All of them to some extent but the lead singer in particular was one of us. This is a 1972 performance on a 1985 show by the look of it - it is also a bit of an ear worm

https://youtu.be/ZyBFxjmJPqk

Old 10-19-2020, 10:02 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

((((Erica))). I am sorry that your appointment was upsetting. Pain management can be so tricky; I hope that you are able to settle into something that you are comfortable, psychologically and physically. Good vibes your way.

Glad you got your flu jab, Sao. I will get mine on or soon after October 31st.

Thanks for the song, Sao. I had never heard that one before and I am plenty old enough to remember it.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:18 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Sorry you had another tough appointment Erica. Glad your not drinking. Have a early night, get safe and snuggly under your duvet.

I would love to go walking in the Lake District, it looks so beautiful. Is it local to you Manta?

My mood lifted a little today - thank goodness. It flutters about like a bad internet connection.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:02 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Oooooooo, the Lake District. We stayed in Keswick when we were there and really enjoyed hiking in that area. The scenery was beautiful and it was so cool to be able to work through pastures and farm areas through the ‘easement paths’ they have in created there. Hope to go back someday.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:24 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

It’s about 1 hour 30 mins from mine near Ambleside where we are walking so not that far Kaily and the drive will be pretty too!

Sorry to hear your appointment was so stressful Erica, be strong, you can do this! x
Old 10-19-2020, 12:23 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erica375 View Post
Well, I'm home. Sober but weeping. The neurologist's NP gave me a lot to think about concerning pain management. I'm not happy with any of it. Feeling really agitated.
In light of that, I cancelled the appt for a follow-up with th ENT and for a hearing exam. The hearing exam was starting to feel very invasive, because of childhood bad experiences. I can't deal with it right now. I know my family will let me know when I need a hearing aid, because I made them promise they would after what we went through with my dad refusing to get a hearing aid.
Today was kinda sucky. Wish it were bedtime.
Huge hugs to you, Erica