Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Building our sober muscles this weekend - Weekenders 07-10 August 2020

Notices

Building our sober muscles this weekend - Weekenders 07-10 August 2020

Old 08-09-2020, 10:33 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

I have come across AA meetings in cabana structures on the beach; they are usually in the evening around sunset. A couple of times I walked by as they were giving out coins. Very cool.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:45 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Was thinking that it would be a great chance to get caught up on the backlog of coins that you have coming.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:55 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Was thinking that it would be a great chance to get caught up on the backlog of coins that you have coming.
Yeah. No. I threw my coins away.

Old 08-09-2020, 10:56 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Mags
Old 08-09-2020, 11:07 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Mags!

Well done BEELS and Copperfield - good work!

Busy busy so no chance of a restful Sunday evening here... Best wishes to all, Forwards.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:06 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words, friends.

Owen - Wow, you did competitive judo! I have a huge respect for everyone who does martial arts on professional a level. I am doing boxing on a very amateur-ish level, and by far it's hardest workouts in my experience. Sorry about the knee injury, hard to imagine what kind of pain it was. Bike HIIT sounds like a plan. And I agree - steady-pace cardio is kind of relic of the past.

Bim - I had no idea you had such painful traumas. Reading about your long picturesque walks - that was hard to suspect.

My kudos to all the weekenders who are fighting a good sobriety fight claiming the weekend as no-alco-madness land.

I have to go to bed - long day tomorrow.

See you!
Old 08-09-2020, 01:03 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
Made it with NO temptation. My neighbor brought us a bottle of crown royal for taking care of his yard and garbage while he's out. I've NEVER had it and its produced locally but still no temptation. Told my fiance to hide it and he did.
Now i work today and all week so I'm safe until Friday.
thanks all for being here for support.
normally we would just get rid of it but my fiance actually likes crown royal so he just hid it out of sight and now we will probably forget about it haha
Old 08-09-2020, 02:13 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

I am glad you said that....that you would normally get rid of it love.
I am glad your fiance is supportive. s

I love the AA meeting story....I would have had my 5 year medallion on me, smiled, flashed it and sat down.
However, I was wondering how close they were sitting....so many people (around me) seem to have decided the virus no longer exists.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:17 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

One of the guys sitting in the AA meeting was trying to get the Secretary's attention ( I was behind the Secretary) - I don't think he wanted me "listening in," or maybe they just had some protocol about stranger-danger, or maybe it was a Closed Meeting. I know with womens' meetings at an AA clubhouse I attended someone was always appointed to be the one to talk to people who stumbled in to the meeting -either male alcoholics or just someone using the wrong door.

I had Zero Intention of joining the meeting - I just stopped for maybe 5-10 seconds. Seeing if I recognized anyone (and don't ask me why)...but had no desire to be in the meeting.

They were sitting several feet apart, Venus. Not one mask anywhere, though. It was outside.

Old 08-09-2020, 03:26 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Way to go Copperfield!

MB I hope the dentist trip isn’t too crazily expensive. I haven’t been adding 4% to my exercise every day, but I have gone for a walk every single day for a week, 10 minutes minimum, and a couple of those were 30 min and 40 min walks. I also haven’t eaten any refined sugar for a week, not even on the weekend, which is huge for me! So I am going to continue both of these, and try to add 10 minutes of yoga into the mix.

Bim I hope the knee settles down quickly. Toes, ouch. For little things, they can hurt an awful lot.

Good luck cactus raising Captain. I love them

Kaily your diet sounds really healthy mostly. Mine is definitely a work in progress

Mags I hope you’re having (had) a lovely day for your birthday ❤️

Well done anxiousrock for not being tempted!

Owen I did judo years ago, then kung fu for a while, it was fun. I kinda wish I had kept going...

I made it through another weekend sober, hooray. Monday morning hangover-free is a great start to the week
Old 08-09-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Yay, Willow. You're doing so well. Have a good day.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:52 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Wow! So many great posts today. Hats off to all concerned.

Midnight, sorry about your tooth. At least a broken tooth is marginally better than poor gums as you can always get a "cap" type replacementwhen finances allow.

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
Made it with NO temptation. My neighbor brought us a bottle of crown royal for taking care of his yard and garbage while he's out. I've NEVER had it and its produced locally but still no temptation. Told my fiance to hide it and he did.
I am always learning new things on Weekenders - I didn't know Crown Royal was booze, I thought it was a Toyota from the 1990's. Well done for not drinking it anxiousrock.

I am only just in time - Happy Birthday Mags!

BTW my own 60th is on Sat 15th. It is always more civilised to have a birthday at the weekend.

As Kaily mentioned it is fairly warm which is why I am still wide awake.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20200809_233323-518x519.jpg (92.7 KB, 45 views)
Old 08-09-2020, 04:47 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Hello.
happy birthdays
good job on the gig copperfield!
so many things I miss.... but good work on staying sober and fighting temptation.

i have done the same. went to an online A.A. meeting. Not quite sure it’s for me but I appreciate the sharing and the messages. Puts it in perspective. Just don’t drink right now. Don’t have the first one.

wow. My app says I’m finishes my day 13. I thought it was 12. I just don’t drink. Doesn’t matter what day I guess.

Thanks for letting me ride shotgun this weekend. Another one down.

it will be a good week.

B

Old 08-09-2020, 04:52 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Go you dear Beels ❤️
Old 08-09-2020, 05:12 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Well done, BEELS!
Old 08-09-2020, 05:45 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Wow! So many great posts today. Hats off to all concerned.

Midnight, sorry about your tooth. At least a broken tooth is marginally better than poor gums as you can always get a "cap" type replacementwhen finances allow.

I am always learning new things on Weekenders - I didn't know Crown Royal was booze, I thought it was a Toyota from the 1990's. Well done for not drinking it anxiousrock.

I am only just in time - Happy Birthday Mags!

BTW my own 60th is on Sat 15th. It is always more civilised to have a birthday at the weekend.

As Kaily mentioned it is fairly warm which is why I am still wide awake.
Thank you! Crown royal could be a car too but it is booze.
I didnt have time to be tempted....work and my insane exercise schedule have me going. I've lost about 53lbs now!
Old 08-09-2020, 06:06 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

53 pounds? Holy smoke, way to go! I'm down about 20 and would like to knock off another 30 or so.

Oh yea, crown used to be one of my favorites. My wife still keeps a small stash of crown and a few hard ciders around but only has like one a month.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:06 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

Thank you for all the birthday wishes and cakes. Had a good day not doing much.

I thought for a minute Crown Royal was a dental term.

Midnight I hope you’ve not been in too much pain with your tooth.

Bim, Take care of your knees and toes, I’m sure you will.

Great stuff for us all to get to Monday sober! It’s a good feeling.

See you in a bit. xx
Old 08-10-2020, 12:53 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

I don't normally say this but thank goodness it's Monday! Some weekends fly by but for some reason the weekend just gone seemed to drag. Admittedly I didn't have much planned and didn't do much as a result but Saturday especially seemed to go on forever. I'm going to have to make plans in advance for next weekend as sitting around doing nothing and being bored isn't a good thing.

Maybe I should take up this fitness challenge next weekend? I need to lose some weight.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:29 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well done BEELS!

God it's hot but then this place was almost as hot 51 years ago. Does anyone recognise it?

Attached Images