Notices

Alba diary July 2020

Old 08-14-2020, 02:12 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Day 45 is over and today was great.....until I was out on a coastal track from my evening walk and I've rolled my ankle again. Hopefully I'll not swell up too much and I'll be all right in the morning. Today I had no real thoughts about drinking. My focus is to drop about 4lbs over the next week until I go back to work. I believe that going back to work will challenge the upturn in my health and sobriety. I really wish I'd started sobriety at the start of lockdown because I could be about 150 days down my now, but I cannot change the past and I'm hopeful of a positive weekend. I've my food and water all ready to go for tomorrow.

Same time Sat eve.
Old 08-16-2020, 03:39 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Day 46 done.
Old 08-16-2020, 04:25 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

😊😊 you are doing AMAZING Alba!!!
Old 08-16-2020, 05:01 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Fantastic!!!
Old 08-16-2020, 01:43 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Day 47 done. I'm still feeling really unwell to be honesty. Hopefully it will get better. I've ordered a machine off the internet that will remove the age spots I gained whilst drinking over the last 2 years. Cost £400 or about 10 days boozing in a pub. I've looked at my hands and arms change over the last two years as my liver figures haven't been right. I'd like as part of my recovery for my hands to look like they did 2 years ago. Beyond the vain reasons it does get me down, and I think about liver damage every time I look at my extra pigmentation.

Same time tomorrow. Tonight I'm feeling a bit low but I'm sober.
Old 08-16-2020, 02:31 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
😊😊 you are doing AMAZING Alba!!!
On day 1 there was about a 99.9% chance I'd drink again.

On day 20 there was about a 99% chance I'd drink again.

On day 40 there was about a 95% chance I'd drink again.

ATM I'll almost certainly drink again. But my mind needs this freedom. I hope to post up on day 365 that the probability is less than 50%.
Old 08-16-2020, 02:36 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Another thing I've been doing recently is listening to Bruce Springsteen on my walks. He's a story to tell and an excellent artist. Emotional music, and sometimes I get teary walking alone on the beach. Although I've nothing personally to get teary about with a wonderful upbringing great wife and kids. I chuck on a Springsteen ballad and tears are rolling down my cheeks.

Again it's a process towards normal function.
Old 08-16-2020, 02:44 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi there can anyone link up a liver recovery thread for me tonight. I'm feeling a wee bit unhinged, a bit broken. Stuff where the poster has felt at deaths door and have recovered. I still have zero energy after 4pm and my sleep still isn't good. I wanted it better. It isn't. Sometimes I'm walking the beach and seeing almost double.

I was getting better until a couple days ago so sobriety is key I'm struggling a little bit. x
Old 08-16-2020, 02:57 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Is there any point in planning tomorrow if I have only a few months left. I walked my son down the P1 last week. I love him more than life itself.
Old 08-16-2020, 03:05 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Sorry I'm out of order. The forum is excellent and can only help our so much. Multi-posting is attention seeking and I need it less than many on our struggles.

I'm away tae bed.
Old 08-16-2020, 05:53 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey ALBA

Health worries are pretty normal. I felt sure I was going to drop dead at any minute because with what I drank etc I was sure I'd passed the point of no return.

A check up revealed that all things considered I was doing pretty well, I'm sure you are too.

I recommend seeing your Dr at some point when you feel up to it for a checkup - but it the meantime - ignore the AV. The best thing you can do for your body and mins is simply not drink.

We've had members here with pretty bad liver prognoses who've turned things around. You may hear from some of them

PS You're worried and panicking a little - its not attention seeking to ask for help

D
Old 08-17-2020, 12:31 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

ALBA Dee is right, that's your AV getting at you. Pulling the old "the damage is done now, you're a gonner" Filling your thoughts full of morbid things, next it will pop up with a "solution" to get away from those thoughts. And guess what that "solution" will be?
You, ALBA, do not want drink in your life anymore. The AV's job is to get you to drink forever and it will prey on every fear (or joy) you have to get you to do that.
Don't mull on those thoughts, they are not "yours" they are the AVs. If you are genuinely worried about your health, take some action and get things sorted, your AV will hate that, it just wants you to drink on them.
Old 08-17-2020, 12:26 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

ALBA, you are worrying me a bit. Get back to where you were and I don't like to hear about those probabilities to put. Sobriety needs to be your everything and you gotta put your mind into it and get those probabilities down. I feel like you are planning your slip up and you need to stop NOW. Get back on here and post. If you are worried that much make an appt with your doc and that will probably make you feel better.
Old 08-17-2020, 01:50 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

DAY 48 DONE
Old 08-17-2020, 02:19 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Good night. I am going to check on you tomorrow.
Old 08-17-2020, 03:45 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaximusD View Post
Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Good night. I am going to check on you tomorrow.
I've no worries about staying sober tomorrow its the health thing that's killing me. 4 years ago I was an alcoholic that wanted to quit. I've messed my health up waay beyond that and it's causing me depression. Thankfully you're a rung below this, as always the key is nondrinking. Thanks for your support
Old 08-17-2020, 04:22 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've messed my health up waay beyond that
What concrete verifiable evidence do you have for that assumption tho?
whats ailing you, physically apart from the ankle?

ALBA honestly get a check up or at least talk with your doctor.
The likelihood is you're fine - and frankly if you did have any small issues, any problems you may have will be rectified by continued abstinence, good diet and exercise.

Don't let your AV have your ear on this - its simply a desperate gambit to get you to drink again, for no real discernible reason other than fear.

D
Old 08-17-2020, 04:27 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

I was going to ask the same thing as dee. I can't remember reading something in the previous pages so maybe need a reminder.
Old 08-18-2020, 02:37 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

ALBA
When I was feeling super tired years ago (and not through the after effects of drinking) and trouble with my vision (blurred vision, double vision) I went to the doctors and found it was high blood pressure. I'm not saying yours is. What I'm saying is, you won't know what it is until you get it checked out.
But worrying about it and not doing anything to find out and put it right, you are living in the mental state perfect for the AV to thrive in.

Old 08-18-2020, 10:36 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

How is it going ALBA?