Notices

My new sobriety journal

Old 06-26-2020, 01:52 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hey Max. I'm trucking along. I'm up to 17 or 18 days. I'm am pretty tired most of the time, maybe a result of my medicine, but I MUCH prefer fatigue to anxiety. My anxiety has really been calming down, maybe because of medicine but certainly because I have more time between today and my last drink. I had a court date today that went as well as it could have. I picked up a misdemeanor conviction but the penalty was more than fair albeit very expensive. I've never been in trouble with the law sober, but I've been in court probably 20 times including several stints in jail as a result of my drinking. I would love to never set foot into a courtroom again and that's a potential reality if I can continue along this path of sobriety. I've been attending my 3 home group AA meetings every week which is really helpful.

Oh, and I got two kittens! They are sisters and they are adorable. I have three dogs and I'm slowly introducing them. I'm such an animal lover.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:32 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work BABM! I love the fact you got two sister kittens!!
Old 06-28-2020, 12:37 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hey BABM, how is it going today? Have the kids over?
Old 06-28-2020, 10:24 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hey Max. I’m doing...ok. I’ve been doing really well. I don’t know if I mentioned but I got two kittens...SO CUTE. Been really enjoying them. But today I watched a psychological thriller movie, and it was pretty dark and sad and it affected me. I am a major empath. After I noticed how I was feeling I did a search on the internet for “empath addiction” and no surprise there were about 10,000,000 results. Us empaths are prone to addiction. Sucks.

Anyway, I’m 20 days sober and doing lots of things to stay that way. The kids will be here Weds-Sun. I have some fun stuff planned and I just can’t wait to see them.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:17 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Ugh. I can't watch movies like that or scary movies. I am too anxious the way it is already.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:50 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hey BABM. I am a Empath too and I reckon that a lot of my drinking was trying to cope with those feelings and feeling so raw and vulnerable to what was going on around me.

I love horror and psychological thrillers, real crime too. Someone said to me to think about it like a diet; what you put into your mind creates health or can create unhealthy traits. I try and only let that stuff play a small part in what I watch, because it can leave me feeling really grim, and the rest of the stuff I try to make positive and uplifting. I would be lying if I said that ratio was always the case....but I do try!

Well done on building up those sober days.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:15 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Wow! I didn't know there was such a thing as an EMPATH (my critical side is still not 100% sure on that ). But I've also done a brief google search and it's alarmingly accurate for my experience.