Notices

Fit for the future - Weekender 03 - 06 April 2020

Old 04-04-2020, 09:05 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Sao.

We have a beautiful sunny day too. The forecast says it will be +14C next week - that will be the real torture.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:12 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

TMI for the gents but this is for the ladies! I gave in today and got the box razors out to shave my legs, usually get them waxed and was gonna try to hold out but I couldn’t do it haha! However, If my moustache keeps growing at the rate it is I am sure I will be getting a cease and desist letter from Tom Sellecks people!!

It was meant to be a super warm day but it’s not so warm or sunny up north although I hung all my washing on the line and everything is soft and dry! As long as I take It off and put it straight on hangers it won’t need ironing which is a win as I detest ironing.

The cats are happy and Max the kitten has been having a ball in the fields as all the little creatures are coming out so he’s becoming an accomplished hunter. I think I should have called him Dexter (after the serial killer show) as he catches and eats everything that moves haha!

Hope everyone is holding up xx
Old 04-04-2020, 09:24 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Manta

I need to revive my skills of doing manicure/pedicure, otherwise when the lockdown is over I will end up like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Me without manicure.jpg (51.7 KB, 76 views)
Old 04-04-2020, 12:18 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Just finished my 40-min at home workout.

I don't have 20 years old artifacts like Vinny, so have to be creative with my at home "gym" gear.

The big one is about 22 lbs, and it's leftover paint primer which I didn't use up when doing the apartment repairs . I use it for squats, military press, high-repetitions dead-lifts.

The second one is about 12 lbs and goes for different shoulder exercises, lunges, abs.

The small one is about 2,5 lbs, use it for shoulders - not serious weight, of course, but better than nothing.

Oh, and I also have bands which is very multi-purpose workout tools.

And body weight exercises like push-ups and walking lunges.

A couple of days ago I saw a video of WHO director-general who gave tips how to take care of the health amidst pandemic. Along with proper nutrition, cutting on alcohol consumption and quitting smoking he advised 30 minutes of physical activity per day.

So, stay safe, move your body, weekenders.
Attached Images
IMG_20200404_213925.jpg (45.2 KB, 66 views)
Old 04-04-2020, 12:24 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Mr

Evening weekenders.
We had a beautiful day too.
I'm lucky enough to have a garden and we spent the day in it. I wasnt 100‰ today. I was just grumpy and irritable. Hopefully be more cheerful tomorrow. Any sober day is a good one so conclusion it was a good day.

Marley oblivious to covid has been having a great few weeks.

Good to hear from you Leigh. Hope you feel better soon.

Goodnight all weekender aficionados.
Attached Images
rps20200404_211839_986.jpg (54.8 KB, 75 views)
Old 04-04-2020, 02:27 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Stopped at the small locally owned grocery store on the way home, mostly just to see what they had, or didn't have. They had paper towels but not t p. The meat department had been hit hard, or they had issues with getting more stock this week, or both. Most everything else looked like it was stocked normal.

Vman, is Marley a springer?
Old 04-04-2020, 03:00 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Marley and pets in general are not bothered by coronaviruses. I'm glad about that.

It has been a boring day here but somewhere between Columbia Road and Chart Street I lost half a packet of After Eight Bitesize so if anyone finds them can you either bring them round to Saoutchik Towers or hand them in to your local Police Station.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:24 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Manta and MidnightBlue, you made me laugh out loud. Thanks.

Marley is adorable, Vman!

CityBoy, meats and eggs are a true commodity here, also..

Sao, sorry that you lost your After Eights. Are they chocolate mints? They sound so familiar. I am going to Goofle them.

Goodnight, all.

P.S. - I Googled After Eights, Sao. I have had them and liked them very much. I haven’t seen them around lately but I really haven’t been looking. When I visit the candy aisle, I head straight for the dark chocolate M&Ms that make me such a happy girl.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:14 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Awake at silly o clock again. Yesterday the council closed all the local country park car parks in the hope of keeping the numbers of visitors down. I have access on foot, went very early and kept to the lesser known areas.

Marley is gorgeous Vman.

How disappointing to lose any kinda chocolate Sao.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:14 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Willow and anyone else who likes poultry:

A breath of fresh air here among the happy chickens, geese, turkeys, ducks, guineafowl: this video is 3:57, there are many others on the channel - I love them: I swear I could feel my brainwaves calming as I watched. I'm going to make a point of viewing each day.

I used to talk to my poultry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJSeSJI-1sI

Old 04-04-2020, 08:36 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello Weekenders ✌️

It's 05h23 I suppose a respectable enough hour for a mug of tea.

Leigh " I am going to goofle them" sounds very suspicious. I think we are going to have to remember that one.

CityBoy Marley is very offended. A springer he said to me. He's an English Setter. 5 next birthday, he's a big boy now.

Sao LOL. If they are spotted in Toulouse I will alerte les gendarmes

Very nice to have you here with us Caramel. 👍
Once covid is behind us we will get chicken hens at our house. Mrs vman has been talking about it for a while.

MB I have been doing a few home workouts also. There are alot of them online and most of the time you only need a mat..

Salutations to all the weekenders.

My tea is getting cold...
Old 04-04-2020, 09:19 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Weekenders

Vinny, Marley is lovely and yes, he looks like he doesn’t have a care in the world.

Saou, you sure you didn’t eat them on the way home?

MantaLady, I hope there was no ‘niks’

Take care and Stay safe this weekend. xx
Old 04-04-2020, 10:17 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Marley looks very relaxed Vinny

I love the chickens Caramel, they’re so entertaining to watch, just clucking around going about their business
My chickens all have names too, like the ones in the video. We don’t have geese or turkeys or other poultry, except the wild scrub turkeys that occasionally come to visit

More house painting today, one room at a time. It looks so lovely and fresh with a new coat of paint, but I’ll be glad when the paint smell reduces a bit. Luckily the weather is glorious, with a little breeze, so the open windows and doors allow the paint to dry quickly and the paint smell to waft away. It’s taken us a few years of talking about painting the house before getting around to actually doing it. It feels good to have something constructive and satisfying to do in these unsettling times.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:08 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Morning, weekenders.

It's colder outside, so would be easier to stay home.

I for some reason feel moody and irritated, hopefully it will wear out.

It's probably counterproductive to use coffee, when you are irritated, but I will get some more).

See you, stay safe!
Old 04-05-2020, 02:25 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I used to keep Turkeys, we had Mama and Cocky who were the parents and usually around 12 kids. Turkeys are very interesting birds. I am talking 25 years since we had them but when we used to go away for the weekend they would one by one jump out of the pen and then in a group walk down to the village pub and hassle the customers. It got so regular we used to have to leave the house in the van and go and sit in the pub and wait for them to turn up (always within 15 mins of leaving haha) so we could direct them back home. They were awesome security guards too!!

“Missing” after eights certainly warrants CID to be put on the case in my opinion!

Willow, you are going to love it once you have done the painting and the house feels renewed. Sometimes it’s things like that that make a huge difference in how we feel at home.

It’s looking to be a nice day out there so stay safe people x
Old 04-05-2020, 05:08 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I'm struggling being cheerful enough to post. I'm glad everyone is hanging in there.

This staycation sucks. I'm over it.

Lost chocolate is a problem.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:14 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Some of my local AA meetings are on Zoom now, so I've been checking them out the weekend.

Also playing the new COD: Warzone game, it's a good way to pass the time as the weather is bad here today!
Old 04-05-2020, 06:23 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Willow and anyone else who likes poultry:

A breath of fresh air here among the happy chickens, geese, turkeys, ducks, guineafowl: this video is 3:57, there are many others on the channel - I love them: I swear I could feel my brainwaves calming as I watched. I'm going to make a point of viewing each day.

I used to talk to my poultry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJSeSJI-1sI

Priceless video!
Gorgeous creatures.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:39 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Caramel, thanks for that video of the barnyard birds. It was awesome!
Old 04-05-2020, 07:02 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Nearly three and half years in (12 days from now is the official date), tho I haven't had one in awhile, a drinking dream came to me last night. Still disturbing. Could taste it and everything, so vivid.