Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 1

Old 11-09-2019, 01:09 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Sports Are Us is certainly your family's motto dear Citrus!
Awesome re your son's cross country results.....yay!!!
Proud mama huh?
Beer would destroy everything......oh yeah.

Have fun at dodgeball.

❤️
Old 11-09-2019, 01:26 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Think I’m going to join y’all. I’m tired of destroying myself and feeling depressed from drinking. What started from having a few every day has went to waking up drinking and going to bed drinking I’m wasting my life. I woke up drinking this morning and it’s middle of the day feeling worthless so I decided to put the vodka away and come here to try for sobriety again!
Old 11-09-2019, 01:58 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx View Post
Think I’m going to join y’all. I’m tired of destroying myself and feeling depressed from drinking. What started from having a few every day has went to waking up drinking and going to bed drinking I’m wasting my life. I woke up drinking this morning and it’s middle of the day feeling worthless so I decided to put the vodka away and come here to try for sobriety again!
We can do this together... Day 1 for me and day 0 for you?
Old 11-09-2019, 02:01 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 3 weeks and welcome back Bob.
I dunno - I knew the word permanent but acceptance was my problem. Took me a lot to admit that I could drink, or be the person I wanted to be - but not both.

welcome back to you too travelbug and red - and welcome Nichole

well done on your week RAL

D
Old 11-09-2019, 02:05 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Garden looks fantastic Suze I work in a garden and feel there is something so therapeutic about looking at plants and garden work which lifts the spirits-colour, new life something.

Welcome back Nichole I was finding my drinking was getting earlier and earlier too. At the weekends I could easily have started at lunchtime or earlier. The fact I was even thinking about it really made me see how seriously bad I was getting.

Great result for your son and you Citrus. I think being sober at weekends is extra hard so when we succeed it makes it extra special.

in bed now 10pm. Hoping for decent sleep. Take care all
Old 11-09-2019, 02:22 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx View Post
So happy to see you again dear Nichole. ❤️
Old 11-09-2019, 02:24 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

So you work in a garden in the Northern Hem RAL.....I see I shall be asking questions of you my friend.....this stuff is challenging. I want winter plants that aren't boxwood trees.

And yes....therapeutic to the max....I have hundreds of plants and I am lucky that my husband shares my passion and understands how much time it takes me to maintain the jungle.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:28 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Oh I love your quote

"I could drink, or be the person i wanted to be, but not both"

Really really powerful stuff, thank you.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:37 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Yes...I kind of stepped on D accidentally.
That is powerful....

I dunno - I knew the word permanent but acceptance was my problem. Took me a lot to admit that I could drink, or be the person I wanted to be - but not both.
Acceptance was my problem as well, and once I found it, the idea of permanence was no longer a consideration, because sobriety was liberation. ❤️
Old 11-09-2019, 02:56 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Yikes, I went away for less than 24 hours and so much to catch up on I should stick closer

Santi, nice to see you!

RAL, high five on one week today. Me too!

bobdrop, 3 weeks is awesome!

travelbug, welcome back!

Nichole, welcome!

And love to everyone else.

I'm feeling a little better today, still congested but not too sick to leave the house. Last night my BF came over post-trivia and we got to chat for 20 minutes, hug a bit and fall asleep together, then go to breakfast this morning. Seems I made him sick too! Oops. Then this afternoon I went over to my best friend's apartment to catch up and bake some pumpkin chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies together, which was really nice.

Tonight I'm going to see a play with my BF and his friend who is visiting from out of town. Since we're both sick and his friend doesn't drink, this is not going to be a drinking danger situation.

I also talked with bf again this morning about the importance of me staying away from drinking situations, at least for right now. I told him I can't be around people who are drinking. He said he understood, asked if that meant he couldn't drink and I told him I'd rather think of it as a rule for myself than a rule for him... as in yes, of course he can drink, but, *I* might choose to remove myself from the situation if he does. He seemed pretty understanding, so we'll see how it goes.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend, I'll try and stay closer than I have been for the past day. x
Old 11-09-2019, 03:09 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Awesome love.....every bit of that....and why on earth did you think you might become a hermit? You are go go go girl. Sounds wonderful. ❤️
Old 11-09-2019, 03:15 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

So glad you've checked in SBTS-I was a little worried you ended up going to the pub trivia last night and drinking. I apologise for the lack of faith. Many congrats on 1 week
Old 11-09-2019, 03:31 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your week SBTS and no worries Suze.

The obvious bookend to that is 'I could drink, or have the life I wanted to live - but not both'.

D
Old 11-09-2019, 03:34 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

No need to apologize RAL, I think the same things when people disappear. Honestly I think it was being sick that saved me from making a poor decision in that situation... if I'd been feeling better I might've convinced myself that I could go and not drink, which would have been a big mistake. BUT, I also think this incident made me more likely to make a good choice next time, because it made me realize that the world isn't going to fall down if I don't organize everything around my bf's schedule, and that we're still going to see each other. And even though it feels a bit scary and hard, I have to put sobriety first and let the relationship come after that. Which actually seems to be working out ok
Old 11-09-2019, 04:12 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

I'm in.

I had 2 weeks and then choose to drink yesterday. I wish I didn't. I felt crappy all day and ate a bunch of food I shouldn't have. I am ashamed of myself. Been reflecting on what made me choose to drink and I think it was because I wanted to please my husband and be that fun carefree wife, his drinking buddy. I have to get rid of that mindset. It might not even be correct. But I hate feeling like this. I hate it every time. I'm not going to give up so here I am trying again. Looking for support. Thanks for listening.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:39 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back meshelly

It took be a while to relearn how to be carefree and fun loving sober but it happened. Noone would ever stay sober if they lost out on the deal

D
Old 11-09-2019, 05:07 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

So good to see you Meshelly s ❤️
Old 11-09-2019, 05:15 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Day five is coming to an end. I am beginning to wonder how I had time to drink. I have been fully occupied the last 5 days. I am glad as boredom is my weakness.
Citrus, I am glad to hear that your son did well, congrats.
RAL, I have to agree, there is nothing like a sound sleep to feel refreshed.
Welcome to Nichole and Red. Ia m really glad to be a part of this class.
Meshelly, stay strong and positive. If any one of us quit on the first try we probably would not be here.

Congrats to all for another sober day.

Good night all. I will be posting more tomorrow as I will have idle time.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:29 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Goodnight dear Anotherexcuse ❤️
You sound so good.....happy making.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:18 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Exhausted, but going to bed sober. Goodnigh class.