Notices

Recipe for sobriety- Weekenders 25 - 28 October 2019

Old 10-25-2019, 02:17 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Prayers and support Snooz. Remember self care- rest, eat, hydrate.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:20 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Mags- a long, drawn out process with these tests...same advice- make sure to look after yourself- rest, eat, hydrate...
Old 10-25-2019, 07:33 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hugs Snooze...

Yay! a full week off and away from my loving work family who were really beginning to get on my nerves!
Old 10-25-2019, 08:10 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone

A wonderful mix of lovely friends. Your comments have uplifted me greatly thank you

I am struggling to get out of bed so i am just going to stay here and read through SR

Ill get up and have a coffee & something to eat. Chocolate preferably.

To anyone struggling, bless you xxx

Mags, my beautiful friend , how are yoj holding up today my love.

Enjoy your weekend all. Rainy and windy here atm.

Xxx
Old 10-25-2019, 08:18 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

Snoozy, a duvet day sounds just the job and looking at the weather outside just now could entice me to go back to bed with a hot chocolate drink and good book. Take care love, you’ve so many friends here who has got your back. xx

Well yeah it’s raining again hopefully it’ll clear up later. 7:

Good to wake up hangover free, I never tire of this.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:44 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hopping on the sober bus for the weekend! Hi everyone!
Old 10-25-2019, 11:47 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning Weekenders.
London is covered by a thick blanket of grey clouds this morning, all in all not a good day for outdoor activity. Much better to be indoors and enjoying hangover free coffee.

Originally Posted by andyh View Post
reminds me of a joke:
My neighbour knocked on my door at 2:30am...Can you believe that, 2:30am!?

Luckily for him I was still up playing my bagpipes!
Ha h!
Old 10-26-2019, 12:25 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Morning all,

What a gloomy day.

I have a hospital appointment this morning for a scan on my head! Only an ultrasound. I have a small bony lump, had it for many years but has been giving me a few twinges lately. Curious as to what it is more than anything else.

Mags sorry your appointment wasn't concluded yesterday but as you say the outcome might be better in the long run. I do hope so.

An autumnal woodland pic taken when the sun shone a few days ago. Half term here and nice to see children have been having some outdoor fun.

Old 10-26-2019, 12:49 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hope the scan goes ok kailie, be interesting to find out what it is.

Had a good chuckle at that joke Sao .

Haven't slept at all again so I won't be feeling great today. Maybe a tiny bit of sorting but first I'll watch everybody loves Raymond and then Frasier. Maybe just maybe I'll do some sorting then. Then I'll make some lunch.
Getting this recipe right is very difficult.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:52 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily all the best for your appointment from me too
Old 10-26-2019, 01:16 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Mags - a duvet and hot chocolate day. Stop it! So tempting on this miserable grey London morning.

Kaily - hope your ultra scan proves that your lump is of no significance. Loved your photo. Was that really the weather here only a matter of weeks ago? Hard to imagine now.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:37 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good morning Y'all!

Early morning here. Been catching up on bills this morning already. Might have to go back to bed for a bit. I need to rest up for a morning with my bestie. She's only 4, so she has a lot of energy. We became besties about a year ago when she gave me the nicest compliment I've ever received. I produced a box of colored chalk and she looked up, threw her arms up victoriously and shouted, "Nons! You make the party!"
(Something none of my old drinking buddies ever said.)

Listened to a podcast that resonated with me yesterday. Brooke Castillo #290 if you're interested. She talked about making the mental transition to understanding life is better without drinking. Another arrow in the quiver.

Keep it sober!
Old 10-26-2019, 01:47 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Just gonna leave this here...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
motivator.jpg (44.7 KB, 27 views)
Old 10-26-2019, 02:18 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Magsie

Lovely pic Kaily, someone had some fun building the wooden hideout.

Nonsensical, your bestie sounds adorable I like podcasts I’ll have a listen, thanks.

Rose, don’t knock it till you’ve tried it...go on you know you want to.

Harriet, it gets easier.

Have a good weekend and I hope you’ve better than we have in the U.K.
Old 10-26-2019, 02:41 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thanks for the well wishes, I am home already. The lump is a Osteoma and not a problem really. More hassle to remove than not apparently.

Harriet sorry your not sleeping. Maybe some fresh air today might help. Yes getting the recipe right is difficult. Try to think of a few new ingredients that might be good to add.
I have to develop mine everyday more so some days than others. That pesky AV never gives up ~ maybe I should add some arsenic to kill the little bugger off.

Rose tomorrow is going to be a lovely day. Bright and sunny. Great day for an Autumn walk.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:27 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Kaily - good news about your lump, insofar as any lump prompts good news. Thanks for the heads up on tomorrow's weather. Just need to choose my park now. Maybe the Italian Gardens in Hyde Park. Maybe Hampstead Heath.

Mags - I do want to!! But I have to cook for tonight's Strictly gathering which I'm sure you'll be unsurprised to hear involves female guests only. Of a certain age: under 10 and, shall we say, the more mature.

Nons- clearly, you do make the party! What a lovely compliment.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:20 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, I’m pleased the lump is not a problem.

Rose, well in that case, you’ve gotta have food for strictly. It’s the Halloween one, all those great costumes. Have fun. I’ll be watching too with maltesers. I think strictly and maltesers go hand in hand.

I’ve heard the weather will be better tomorrow here too. Roll on spring.

Old 10-26-2019, 04:56 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Love the bagpipes joke Saou

Glad your lump was no concern Kaily

Nonsensical. Ive just started listening to crime podcasts and really enjoying them .

Hi patchya

Thanks Pj and dragon xxx

Xx
Old 10-26-2019, 05:41 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Rose I have never been to the Italian Gardens, I have been to Hampstead Heath although I don't know it well. One of my favourite places for long walks is Epping Forest, pity my dog Alfie isn't so keen. He likes to keep walks short and sweet.

Strictly parties sound fun, I like Mike Bushall he is hilarious.

Oh Maltesers envy Mags. I now haven't had any chocolate for over 4 weeks. I miss it but I know if I have even a little I will be back on it big time. Just like drink. A kinda oxymoron is that I have lost a stone but also been asked if I am ill.

Hope your doing okay today Snoozy.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:06 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Kaily - I am genuinely beyond impressed that you haven't had any chocolate for 4 weeks. Cakes as well? I guess I could consider revisiting my recovery plan, that seems to involve having chocolate every day - not written into the plan, you understand but in reality. I've only been to Epping Forest once or twice (I live in north London) but I thought it was truly lovely. And getting rid of a stone is good going. Agree about Mike Bushall. Wonder what those two nice daughters we see occasionally actually think of their dad's dancing!

Mags (Kaily please ignore) - I've just told one of my Strictly chums to get some maltesers!

I wanted to say earlier on that I agree that recipes for remaining sober vary as is obviously clear from this site. I am totally reliant on SR and feel that posting in a thread here at least once a day is an essential for me. I haven't been minded yet to try any real life groups although clearly they work very well for many of us. And I'm superstitious about keeping to the exercise regime that I built into my plan, although regime is a very lofty word for just walking a minimum amount every day. And about monitoring and recording my progress in terms of blood pressure, heart rate etc etc on a weekly basis. Whatever it takes (including chocolate!).