Notices

Recipe for sobriety- Weekenders 25 - 28 October 2019

Old 10-24-2019, 01:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Magsie

Recipe for sobriety- Weekenders 25 - 28 October 2019

Welcome to the Weekenders

Firstly I’d like to apologise. If I seem like I repeat myself week on week out that’s probably because I do. But sobriety, like recipes to bake or cook do tend to use their own special formulae.

I’ve noticed the recipe for sobriety has certain ingredients that work.

Once you have mastered the ingredients to your liking you can have the perfect recipe for you.

Mine may not suit you and finding the ingredients most favoured to you will help you on your sober journey.

If this is your first weekend sober, or many, come join us for support and chat...as we know the weekends can be a struggle sometimes. (We’re here all week too!)

Old 10-24-2019, 01:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Shotgun!

IN!

And SO true! There isn't one recipe for everyone, but there is a recipe for each of us. Let's get cooking!
Old 10-24-2019, 02:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magsie

Nonsensical, nice one on shotgun.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thank you Mags

D
Old 10-24-2019, 02:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lovely weekend introduction as always Mags xxx
Old 10-24-2019, 03:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Thank you Mags. My recipe is working for me, but I'm always willing to try a new ingredient or two for improvement.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm in. Thanks, Mags.

I'm in need of a couple of recipe tweaks. I feel like my recipe is bland. Not that it isn't working, just that I'm feeling blah. Need to add something to my life. Not sure what that is right now. I'm just not having much fun. Of course I'm still grieving, but it's not just that. Last night I had some "is this all there is" thoughts. I dunno. Maybe I'm a little depressed.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Magsie

Marty, all the upheaval you’ve had at home with your new kitchen etc. and then grieving with the loss of Scott is all mounting up to some days of rest for you.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

And the kitchen hit another snag yesterday. I was supposed to have my new gas cooktop and electric wall oven installed yesterday. The installers got there and told me the gas connection and electrical connections are not done correctly and they could not install them. Also the cabinet that was built for the oven isn't quite right. I'm working on getting everyone involved lined up to come back and fix things. So, another week or more with no actual stove. But the new refrigerator fit perfectly in its opening, and it's gorgeous. I was so hoping everything would be done this week. Not to be. In the grand scheme of things this is not a huge problem. But when the installers showed me the problems yesterday, I promptly got a nosebleed. So I guess it's stressful. I need a break.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Counting the days until my next trip to Belize. December 29th. Beach. Sun. Warmth. Relaxation. Solitude.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Magsie

It’s a good view to take Marty and yeah, roll on your holiday.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Counting the days until my next trip to Belize. December 29th. Beach. Sun. Warmth. Relaxation. Solitude.
So sorry to hear of your loss MLD51. Changes in the house can be very stressful too. Sounds like you will benefit from a trip to somewhere warm and relaxing. Hope you can take it easy till then
Old 10-24-2019, 08:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Great post mags1. I like the idea of seeing sobriety as a recipe and we can all create our own special recipe. It actually helps in seeing how sobriety works. And of course I just like the idea of recipes.
great thread, thanks
Old 10-24-2019, 08:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm in for the weekend. I think some extra support is just what my recipe needs.

Wonderful intro Mags! Thanks.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
saoutchik

IN!

Welcome to Weekenders harriet,Citrus and number three who posted right at the end of last week's thread.

Thanks Mags, you certainly need some essentials, namely a determination to stop but it does take more than that which is why thinking long and hard about what is going to work for yourself as an individual because it is different for each of us. All my failed attempts were down to me just trying to resist the urge to drink rather than do something to reduce it which is what I did when I finally managed to quit.

Long weekend for me as I have Friday off to try and soundproof my flooring.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
saoutchik

There are police helicopters buzzing overhead, I wonder why? They'll never take me alive!
Old 10-24-2019, 10:31 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hope they’re friendly, Saou! Enjoy your soundproofing.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
saoutchik

The soundproofing will be a rotten job, I am going to attempt a small room (bedroom 2) and see how it goes.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Ahhhh, so happy to see this thread. Just one more day of work then I can have my weekend away from the stress. Do all good paying jobs suck all your energy and cause daily conflicts? Vacation will come soon, only a few years in this place then I can find a better place. I don’t think I’m cut out for this, or am I just not cut out for working? Even though it’s not fun, I moved to a new place, found a good job, got sober, paid my bills. I should be proud, if I only had energy to feel.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

Mariposa your job sounds like where I worked except women didn’t get paid as much as the men for doing the same job. Lol. Now I look back I see I could’ve done it differently. you’ve come a long way, you should give yourself a pat on the back. X

Saou, is it panels you fix to the wall for your soundproofing?

Up early, as usual. I can’t have any caffeine or chocolate this morning as I’ve my hospital appointment at around 10am, so no tea or coffee or hot chocolate. I was going to have a mug of hot water but I’ve put a drop of peppermint cordial in it, tastes nice.

The weekends upon us just about, if you’re thinking about giving up the booze, why not start today, join us for a sober weekend. It really is worth it.