Notices

Easter Weekend - Weekender Thread 19 - 22 April 2019

Old 04-19-2019, 09:13 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey Kaily, how about a photo of your garden pond?

Koi?
Old 04-19-2019, 09:58 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Turtles, frogs, dragonflies?
Old 04-19-2019, 10:02 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I only have two fish, a koi and a shubunkin.

Not the easiest things to photograph!
Old 04-19-2019, 10:28 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thanks for the photos, Kaily.

In addition to arachnids, amphibians, and reptiles, I like fish!
Old 04-19-2019, 10:45 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Mr

Hi there.
It's been a while.

Hope you weekenders are doing well and getting on with your sober lives. No matter how you feel you will feel worse if you drink.

Go easy on the chocolate this weekend now.

Enjoy your weekend.
Vinny
Old 04-19-2019, 10:46 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Vinny, good to see you
Old 04-19-2019, 12:07 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks, Kaily
Old 04-19-2019, 12:19 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock View Post
Happy Easter Weekend everyone!

If only there were a few more globally observed events. Perhaps due to an extent to South Africa’s relative geographic isolation when compared to say some country in Central Europe, and the fact that many South Africans still save some respect for their foreign origins, it gives me comfort to now and then partake in something that gives a sense of global unity.
We're not totally across National Cat Lady Day here in the UK either if i'm honest Captain but next year surely...

VMan, great to see you here sir, I hope you are well.

I find sharks mighty impressive too although not that close. I understand they can give you a nasty nip.

Enjoyed my favourite pastime today. "Q" does not seem to have touched this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20190419_201047.jpg (45.3 KB, 48 views)
Old 04-19-2019, 12:34 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
saoutchik

The moon was an amazing deep pink colour a few minutes back. I did not have my phone with me at the time so no pics although my camera phone would not have done it justice anyway.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:13 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I'm safely in for this Good Friday night. No alcohol or drugs crossed my lips and for that I can be grateful.

So many issues swirling with me right now and I just hope some of them find resolution sooner rather than later. Maybe some of this angst will go away when I officially get enrolled in all the various Medicare things. Doesn't look like I'm going to jail. Fingers crossed still, but no one in any of five agencies is as panicky about it as I am so maybe I should relax. I've explained my case and not one person thinks I need to worry.

TV for me. I've been watching a few good series on Netflix lately. They're getting harder for me to find since I'm not a big Sci-Fi, superheroes, or horror genre lover and Netflix is going hard in all those directions. That and really bad fakeumentaries. I don't really like political thrillers either. I'm old, give me comedies and Nature shows and I'm good.

That red car. Likey.

Night! Good to see everyone wandering through.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:09 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Happy Easter weekend, folks! It's been awhile since I was on this site. I hope you are all doing well. I remember a lot of the names!

Things are going well for me, but this particular weekend has always been challenging for me for some reason. I get depressed a few days leading up to Easter and have for 25+ years. Even prior to any drinking problem.

With the horrible weather we are going to have, it is apparent outdoor activities will be quite limited, and I could be stuck in the house. I was concerned about falling into the drinking abyss and there is no way I want to go there. I have made huge strides in this journey since my last visit here. I remembered this "weekender thread" so here I am. Glad it is still around.

Speaking of bad weather, here it comes. I am on my porch and the wind has started kicking up and the sky is dark. Time to move indoors.

LHW
Old 04-19-2019, 05:48 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I got woken up by a strange sound at 02:30am and hope it’s just some animal moving around the house.

We spent Thursday in the Kruger Park and I’ll try to post a few pictures later, including a tortoise and a nice sunrise.

Good to see you LHW.

Thanks for checking in Vinny. You are very much part of the Weekenders and I hope we hear a bit more about how things are going for you.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:12 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I bought a basil 🌿 plant tonight 😍 it’s mine all mine, I can grow my own .... dreams are becoming reality in this sober life PESTO
Old 04-19-2019, 06:16 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hope you got some readiing time....

Wow what a productive day! Amazingly no issues with my leg, I'm sure I'm going to pay for it tomorrow. Yesterday I could barly make it thru grocery shopping.

I cleaned up the backyard then raked it and bagged the leaves. Then I dug a (small) grave under the linden treee and we said good by to Dusty. After lunch I took off the winter tires and put the summer tires on Mrs Dragons car and inspected the brakes (will need changing soon). I Washed the winter tires ready for packing. Then took both cars to the car wash and filled them both with gas.

Then I opened the hood of my wifes car to check fluids and found a mouse nest! Yikes! I know it hadn't been there too long as I had topped up the window washer just a few weeks back. So the next chore was to clean it all out and inspect for any damage, luckly none was found. Since I was at it, I gave both cars an engine wash.

Mrs Dragon made Perogies from scratch so after dinner I washed the pots and pans. Then dear daughter and I dug out the cushons and sat on the front swing while I played Ukulele for the neighbourhood. (Luckly there was no one in sight).

Oh and to top everything off my wonderful son told me he has applied for seven jobs no less. Seven! can this day get any better!

OK, one more thing to tell you. You may thing this is wierd, but here we go. As you might know I had a pet Water Dragon who was a rescue and was in poor shape. I got a blood infection from said Dragon and ended up in the hospital (this was 12 years ago). It's a long story but it all resulted in my first real attempt to quit drinking - not by choice, I had no choice. The Dragon had to be put down shortly after my release from hospital. It was a very hard and emotional time for me, not just becasue of the Dragon, but mostly I was morning the loss of alcohol (poor me). So the Dragon was neatly wrapped up in a box that it was sealed tight with plastic and put in the freezer.

And there he stayed. Until today.

I hadn't thought about until after he was buried along with Dusty. I think I just came to terms with and put closure on my drinking past.

OMG, this day has just been too much. Its 20 past 8, still light out and I'm in bed. Think I'm gonna sleep like a rock tonight.

G'night!
Old 04-19-2019, 06:49 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi Weekender Friends;
Just spent the day first celebrating my brother's birthday, and then power-cleaning my house.

I'm determined to totally re-create a lovely environment, and to finally finish the house my husband and I started building over fifteen years ago, but never quite got "all the way done" when we ran out of money and steam.

It's got great bones, and will be amazing with some hard work and spit and polish

Dragon, I'm glad you were able to give your dragon friend a good sendaway and get some closure on the past.

Happy Easter to those who celebrate, and wishing a great weekend for all!
Old 04-19-2019, 10:39 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Morning, weekenders.

Great to see so many SR members jumping on board of the sober weekend.

Vinny - Thank you for posting! How are you doing?

It's gorgeous morning and the forecast promises true spring weather. And later on I have a date with HM.

Our boxing trainer is away for some training, so I am slacking today and going to do some girly things - nails, hair, etc.

Have a great sober Saturday!
Old 04-19-2019, 11:18 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Your situation with Medicare etc sounds promising biminiblue.

I had to Google water dragon, they are amazing looking creatures. Him and Dusty deserved a proper resting place.

Good to see you LoveHateWine.

Another fine morning here, a great day to wake up without being hungover in fact.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:32 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Wow, Dragon, that's quite the day! I have not had such a revolutions filled day in quite a while, but they do come. Glad to read that it left you filled with exhilaration.

Friday for me was light, a few chores, but mostly rest and recuperation with my cats. I have been needing to catch up on a bit of down time since last weekend when I was very busy from work. So, napping has me up in the middle of the night now, but that doesn't bother me at all.

Looking forward to a sober Saturday, I am wondering what I will do. I might see my Mom, who is coming into town tomorrow if she is feeling well enough after some stomach troubles, that would be nice. Perhaps there is a movie playing that would be enjoyable.

I'm feeling good about things, generally, and that's an important place for me to reside.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:46 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hello to LHW and Vman - hope both of you are doing well with life and recovery

D
Old 04-20-2019, 12:17 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning from a sunny England Weekenders

I’ll never tire of waking up ‘hangover - free’. Such a contrast to years of bleak saturdays, hungover!

Hi LHW holidays can be depressing, think of it as some spare time for you, to enjoy, no pressure, just a few days holiday.

Midnight, enjoy your date with HM, and your ‘girly’ time. X

If anyone’s enjoying the Weekender thread and just lurking, feel free to jump in, we’d love to hear from you.