Old 04-21-2019, 05:42 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Welcome SunflowerAngel!
Old 04-21-2019, 05:43 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by ConfusedGuy View Post
..I have 14 days sober (2 weeks!) - This is something for me !...
Contratulations on two weeks! that's huge!
Old 04-21-2019, 05:51 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

How amazing Bim, your description sounds so idyllic. I would love to see seals in the wild and snow capped mountains.

ConfusedGuy your doing so well. Enjoy the park.

I bought myself some new houseplants from the garden centre this morning, bringing the outside in.
Walked the dogs in a local country park and now plonked on the sofa thinking of all the things I really should be doing.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:55 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Thanks, Kaily. I live in a fantastic place. Seems like the whole world is moving here, so it must be!
Old 04-21-2019, 07:48 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Happy Easter So happy to be at just under 8 months sober and celebrating yet another holiday with family with zero alcohol or hangover affecting me. It is so sad that I can't remember if I had been drinking last year for Easter - I'm sure that if I didn't before I did after as I can't even remember whos house we had it at. It seems to me that the husband and I were fighting so most likely I drank beforehand to "be able to put up with family" and he caught me like he always did. There is still stress and some anxiety with gatherings but I will take that over checking out
Old 04-21-2019, 08:06 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Happy Easter, passover or just Sunday SR. I’m grilling out with a vegetarian friend today by the pool who is also accompanying me on this sober journey. She was a drinker but never out of control, she just is supportive and wants to see how much life improves alcohol free. Good friend, luck to have someone still stand by me.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:07 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Magsie

bossybutt,
Old 04-21-2019, 08:10 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Magsie

mariposa, it’s great your friend is supposrting you by going sober! Enjoy your grilling....and the pool.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:25 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

It’s lovely reading all your posts. Welcome SunFlowerAngel.

I’m still very much enjoying our little getaway. Here is the view from the patio area. As you can see we are basically surrounded by the bush. Sitting around just listening to the evening sounds is quite amazing and very therapeutic.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:16 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

I imagine it's wonderful Captain, to be at one with nature.

Mags how was the Japanese Garden?
Old 04-21-2019, 10:21 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

that looks really nice Captain. I take it that a lion isn't going to jump over the wall to sample the braai?
Old 04-21-2019, 10:34 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, it wasn’t what I expected but it was very nice. There was so many nooks and crannies with different trees and plants and figures. The Crystal garden was small but jam packed with many beautiful crystals. Little bridges over large ones with koi and ghost carps.
You need flat shoes and sure footedness for walking around most of it as there are stepping stones to walk on.
All in all though, a nice few hours spent. It was starting to get a lot busier as we were leaving.

Captain, a lovely photo and a beautiful setting for you and Mrs Captains’ getaway.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:46 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

It sounds very pretty Mags. Never heard of a crystal garden before. Glad you had a nice time.

The place I took my dogs to today has a small water garden with Azaleas, Camellias and Rhododendrons plus a few Acers ~ pretty. I sat there in the shade for about half an hour twas lovely.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:47 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Nice photo CapitainHaddock! I know nothing of Africa, but that looks very nice!
Old 04-21-2019, 01:46 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders bossybutt, congratulations on 8 months!

That looks like a very nice spot Captain. I wondered about the fire then I read Andy's post and realised it's for cooking.

The crystal garden sounds good too Mags. There is a row of shops that sell them along with other polished rocks for absurdly high prices in a narrow street called Cecil Court just of the Charing Cross road. The street itself attracts a lot of visitors as it doubles as Diagon Alley in the Harry Potter films.

I saw some of my family today which was good. Less good was burning my tongue on an apple and blackcurrant pie.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:39 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I wonder- do Rhino's race in when they see that fire, grumpily stamp it out, then stamp off on some other very important Rhino business?

They must be crazy

Old 04-21-2019, 02:56 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

CaptainHaddock needs to put on the loincloth Im sure he packed and get ready to scale the nearest tree.

Rhinos are amazing creatures. Apparently theyre very responsible as well.

I ate too many dries cranberries covered in dark chocolate today. Please include me in your prayers. * blech *
Old 04-21-2019, 06:32 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

LOL PJ.

Like the pic Cap'n, looks like a nice serene place.

Went to the in-laws today for easter dinner. They are all heavy drinkers. I went giving it no thought or preperation. Figured at 2 1/2 years, I got this. Wrong. I didnt drink, never will, but the A/V sure took advantage of the situation. Lesson learned. I must alway mentally prepare myself before hand. I also wished I had brought something of my own to drink. All they had was coke.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:58 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good advice Dragon - even now I always prepare myself, think about likely scenarios and bring my own drinks

D
Old 04-21-2019, 07:58 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Great end of the weekend, my friend and I grilled a vegetarian dinner and it marks our three weeks sober and first sober Easter together. My husband, still angry with me about HIS drunken behavior last night, did not join us nor want to eat when we brought him a plate in. I can’t change him and have no desire at this point. I’ve done my best, maybe not perfect, but I’m improving me for me.

My three weeks sober hasn’t been easy but I have no regrets and have made progress towards the life I want and to become the person I want to be.