Notices

Class of October 2018 Part 2

Old 10-24-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
gbv

Day 3. Running a bit late for work so making this quick. Will check in again later and will not drink today.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Day 9 is divine!
Old 10-24-2018, 09:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joy57 View Post
Day 9 is divine!
Guess we both began on the 16th! Good going. This thing is a roller coaster ride...
Old 10-24-2018, 12:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

JUNO 11 Soo missed you !!! There seems to be none of "us" left here.. How you been???? so glad to se you back. PM me if you want..Day 22 for me and doing a lot better this time. Got my head screwed on differently this time... I think...
Old 10-24-2018, 12:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My sleep schedule is still messed up after a month. I am getting good sleep finally. Vivid dreams but that is a good sign that I am getting that REM sleep. Day 29 I think. I am avoiding Halloween parties. Costumes are great for alcoholics
Old 10-24-2018, 12:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Better late than never

Day 3 here, I have so many problems in many areas of my life. I know getting healthy, sober, clear headed I will be okay. The members here with just a few more days than me, be proud.... you are closer to a better life than I am. I’m class of October 2018 and happy to be with this group.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
gbv

Work was shorter than I thought it'd be. That's nice. Home safe and sober.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:04 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Right now, right here

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Greetings, Octsoberists.

I'm just gonna put this here because not saying it may be keeping me stuck, I don't know.

I've got to get a handle on/quit buying sugary treats. It feels exactly the same to me as my drinking. Once I start eating it, if it's at my house, I'll eat the entire package. No saving any till tomorrow, no moderate Nutter Butters eating. It is the same type of compulsion as alcohol was for me and I have to put it down.

So, even though I have been sober from alcohol for 4.5 years, I continue to try to moderate my candy/ice cream/cookies/donuts/pie and lately I fail more times than not. I really don't want to have to abstain, but I am not able to control it any other way.

Day One. I'm not going to bring any of it home. I'm going to make it as serious and as honest as my alcohol sobriety. I have to, because feeling like I do after I eat an entire bag of Halloween candy alone on my couch in an hour has to stop. I had it under control for a while but all it takes is bringing home one pumpkin pie or one bag of cookies and all bets are off.

At one point I was 80 pounds over weight. I'm now at a healthy weight but the nagging inner turmoil surrounding this issue is still with me. It ends today. I just can't eat the stuff. I hope you all don't mind my posting here. It was my first addiction, started when I was six years old. Stealing money, stealing candy, hiding in the closet to comfort myself with bags of colorful treats.

Yeah.

/the end.
Maybe drinking more bitter beverages like bitter unsweetened herbal teas can help you change your taste palet and help stop the sugar cravings. Takes some getting used to but I find that it pretty helpful.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Right now, right here

Yesterday during grocery shopping I found myself halfway down the wine-aisle before I realised I was actually in the wine-aisle, alcohol was the last thing on my mind.
Good, but can be tricky as well when you don't realise where you are and find yourself in a "tempting" situation when you happen to be feeling less strong.

It did remind me of the time when I was a couple of years sober and drinking was the furthest thing on my mind...it's such freedom. Hopefully I can work my way up there again, but for now 1 day at a time because I'm definitely not out of the woods yet.

Night night and till soon
Old 10-24-2018, 04:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Juno gbv and JCMart

Congrats to everyone hitting milestones today! :

D
Old 10-24-2018, 05:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Still at it
Oct 24 Day 24
Grateful
Old 10-24-2018, 05:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Winding down on Day 19
Grateful too

Sleep well all
Old 10-24-2018, 05:56 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Having 10 days on Halloween sounds great to me. I’m going to have a great sober Halloween 🎃. Class of 2018 October, alcohol won’t trick us again.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:09 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey class

Two weeks today....gotta get back into that exercise stuff! But first, I need sleeeeeep....

Onward we go!
Old 10-24-2018, 07:23 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey class. I’ve been mia for a while. I started drinking again about 2 weeks ago and it got pretty bad. I was drinking all day everyday. A week ago I checked myself into a detox and it was the best decisision I could have made. I recommended it for anyone drinking heavily.

i haven’t had a drink in 7 days but I’m considering tomorrow my day 1 because they’ve had me on phenobarbital the whole time which sort of made me high.

im battling some cravings but I’m glad to be out and back on SR. Just sitting here thinking about what I need to stay sober this time.

Be well everyone
Old 10-24-2018, 08:47 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good evening from me!
getting settled in for sleep. Been working hard and taking daily walk/jogs after work. Just a 30-40 minute thing. This is working for me as I am totally exhausted at night. I have alot of restless energy and need to move about daily.
Craving french fries with ranch. If I have crap like this I try to balance with a healthy meal also....salad s!
I'm so tired. I also have a new job where I am on my feet more ... 2.5 months in. I like this job.

Hope you are all well and good things are going on for you!

SeaSlug
Old 10-24-2018, 09:00 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back bluedog

congrats again to everyone celebrating milestones

D
Old 10-24-2018, 10:32 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey guys! I am going to grab a seat in class
Day 19 here for me too.
I seem to vaguely recall joining a class last October as well. I spent the better part of a year, re-re-re-re-re-relapsing.

I am super grateful for SR and all you peeps and that I am still here to live and enjoy each day.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:35 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Day 23. I'm having severe SNRI withdrawals. It feels like I can't take it anymore
Old 10-25-2018, 12:56 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Right now, right here

Originally Posted by Justin00 View Post
Day 23. I'm having severe SNRI withdrawals. It feels like I can't take it anymore
HeyJustin sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

What are SNRI withdrawals? Sorry I'm not english spoken.
Have you made an appointment with your or a doctor?