Notices

Class of October 2018 Part 2

Old 11-03-2018, 06:03 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Joy, I hope you made it through your night last night. Come over to the Weekenders thread in Newcomers...or the "Year and Unders." My class thread back in March of 2014 didn't keep going either. You can post in any of the classes; for a while I posted in March 2013 because it was more active.

Yeah, JimiC I've been sober from alcohol for over four years. Sugar was and is my albatross. If I have certain foods in the house, they will be eaten compulsively. I know it's a thing with some people, lucky me - I'm one of them. It's not just sugar though, it's certain grain products, chips, sometimes even peanut butter. I can't figure out if it's emotional or something else.

I lost a lot of weight many years ago and at that time I recognized that some people moderate and some don't. I can sometimes. I was the same way with alcohol, though. Even at the very end of my drinking I could have one or two sometimes. If I had the third one though - I was off to the races and all the alcohols would be mine until I passed out. So there's that.

I don't want to quit sugar, that kind of life doesn't appeal to me at all - I've tried it. I just want to get back to where I was before this last month and not bring the stuff home, and still have a dessert or an eggnog latte when I'm out. I guess I probably don't belong in an abstinence thread - but it affects me and I feel out of control with it and I don't like that and I wonder how much of it is just a story I'm telling myself.

Probably all of it.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Gotcah Bim, it's great to have you in the thread and congrats on your 4+ sober years. There's always parties at work with cookies, cake, chips etc. and I tend to indulge way too much recently. I buy those small bags of Welches fruit chews at work and down them one after the other. I used to buy four for a buck and go back for more, now I just buy eight lol. I've been doing much better for November and need to keep the momentum going.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Sober Saturday
Old 11-03-2018, 06:58 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Bimini I made it thru just great. Was just worried that no one was in here on a Friday. I suppose everyone is going to bed earlier since they aren't out partien? I wish I woke up feeling energized and ready to conquer the day... But I'm dragging. lol I need the exercise to get the blood flowing. First things first my 2 cups of coffee!! It's a beautiful day in North Carolina so outside must be in the plans of the day.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:12 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Yay, good going Joy.

There's always someone around on the site, but not always in the Class threads, since the Class threads have a narrow viewing audience. If you post in some of the recurring threads or start one of your own people will show up.

This site isn't that active really. There is a deep well of back (old) threads to read, which can be helpful.

Here is Weekenders: (it's kind of my home base.) I usually just post a few times in the mornings and then log off but there are people on the site from all over the world so someone is always here. You're never alone if you need to shout out.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...er-2018-a.html (Weekender Thread 02-05 November 2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Thx I've now joined weekender.
Old 11-03-2018, 12:06 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Back from the gym. Eating more veggies, I was eating too much protein.
Hang in there everyone and have a great, sober day. We can do this.

Like I always say: this is hard stuff, but you can do it. It takes a Real Rock Star to stay sober, and we are rock stars!
Old 11-03-2018, 05:19 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Like I always say: this is hard stuff, but you can do it. It takes a Real Rock Star to stay sober, and we are rock stars!
Love it Tiles!! I'm chilling now listening to Gov't Mule. They're a damn good band with a lot of soul and I'm finally getting more in depth into their albums.

I hope everybody is staying strong and sober - JC
Old 11-03-2018, 05:56 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimiC View Post
Love it Tiles!! I'm chilling now listening to Gov't Mule. They're a damn good band with a lot of soul and I'm finally getting more in depth into their albums.

I hope everybody is staying strong and sober - JC
I was their runner once back in the day... I was working for a promoter and he so happens to be a dear friend, and he asked me to run them around Raleigh before their show. They are a good band.
Old 11-03-2018, 05:57 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

I did get out to see Bohemian Rhapsody and I'm wowed. The guy who played him was just really good. I want spoil it but if you are a Queen fan it's worth the ticket. Especially on the big screen.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:32 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Definitely a Queen fan

Happy Sunday--will be having a lie-in and a big healthy breakfast with extra coffee.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:51 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Sober Sunday!
How did Saturday go for everyone?
I had my moments but made it through
Dusk can be challenging for me at times on weekends
The traditional cocktail hour I was raised with
Old 11-04-2018, 07:56 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Bohemiam Rhapsody is getting really good reviews.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:55 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Bohemiam Rhapsody is getting really good reviews.
It's really good but you really have to be a fan to get into the dialogue. They may have overdone the teeth just a bit.I'm going to go see it again in the big screen before it's ran its course in theaters.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:55 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Good Evening Rocktober Crew

Been a tough few days for me am now at 7 weeks and having beaten October think it all came as a bit of an anti climax. When I joined SR I said I have no plan for recovery and I still don’t. I’m doing “stuff” with my time and despite thinking I’d be really bored don’t really have enough time to get bored. I thought I wouldn’t sleep sober but after the first week or so sleep has been great. That’s the 2 reasons my AV kept me drunk for so long quashed but now it is trying to find other reasons to get me back on it.

I don’t want to get drunk but have spent the last 10 years hiding away from the world and sitting at home drinking alone. I don’t really have a life outside of work or sitting at home drunk and doing “stuff” on my own is not going to be fulfilling in the long term. I’m feeling emotions about things I thought I had dealt with but I hadn’t the booze and dealt with them for me.

I realise I need to get out start up some activities that involve other people but despite being on the outside quite outgoing am scared of new people on the inside and scared to put myself out there. I tried to remember what I did for fun before I started drinking but I was a teenager and drink or drugs have been a big part of pretty much all my adult life.

Is not all doom and gloom I love being sober maybe I should make a list of why. I think I have now beaten the stop bit just need to work on the stay stopped bit am guessing that’s quite normal.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Hey all,

Checking in on a Sunday afternoon. Congrats to all those who've achieved great milestones! Courage to all the rest of us who continue who anticipate them!

Stay the course! Celebrate the successes and keep learning! That's my challenge too.

Fishy
Old 11-04-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

I know what you mean Wood. I'm more of an introvert, but want to make some additional friends to do things with. I kind of have the philosophy that if I'm out there living it will happen naturally. I try to smile, be approachable and engage in small talk sometimes. Good vibes
Old 11-04-2018, 07:19 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Hi Roctober Class! Nice peaceful Sunday. Found a Queen Album at the flea market so that was cool. Love to all
Old 11-05-2018, 02:46 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Good score Joy, we are the sober champions!

Day 22 here and my AV was pretty quiet over the weekend. I got back in the gym and took a nice Fall bike ride. Let’s make it a great week everybody!
Old 11-05-2018, 03:09 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm seeing it on the big big screen in a few days Joy

woodfortrees - yeah it's hard to build a sober life we love....at least initially but things tend to gain a momentum of their own after a while.

I reckon you'll be amazed where you are in a years time

D