Old 10-25-2018, 12:58 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Right now, right here

Hey bluedog and delizadee,

Good to see you here
Old 10-25-2018, 01:31 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pilipili1 View Post
HeyJustin sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

What are SNRI withdrawals? Sorry I'm not english spoken.
Have you made an appointment with your or a doctor?
Anti-depressant medication. Last couple of months I had vertigo, dizziness, nausea, restlessness, depression, severe anxiety, confusion symptoms. It's getting worse.

Imagine this and still have to work.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:00 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day 10 and sleep is getting better and I'm feeling better and better. My AV was banging on at me yesterday afternoon of how 'Well OK I get it, we're not drinking today, but NEVER again? Be serious.' Well in all honesty as each day passes I can feel myself getting more and more serious.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:24 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

I missed where you might have said if this med change was discussed with your doctor or not Justin - but in any case, if you're suffering now...why not see your Doc ?

welcome Del

D
Old 10-25-2018, 05:38 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

what they can offer me is to go back to my regular dosage. Gotta suffer this through
Old 10-25-2018, 06:15 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Justin, why did you get off the SNRI? Did you do a taper?

Day Two for me on the No Treats Halloween countdown. My sobriety from sugary treats challenge has to work, I can't keep binging on the stuff. The ick feeling I had yesterday after eating a bag of Halloween candy is gone now. I made it through a trip to the grocery store without coming home with any of my trigger foods. Success!

Be well everyone. Freedom from drink and drugs is available to everyone. It's worth it to go through these early days.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:20 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Justin, sending you support. I've read on this list over the years how difficult those meds are to withdraw from. Take care of you--you'll feel so much better on the other side.

Hey bim;

Congrats on successful candy avoidance

I feel you with the binging.
I have posting lately about how much my cravings have abated since I started a keto lifestyle.

Once my body switched over to ketones, I almost feel repulsed now by things like chips, sweets, etc.

I know you eat healthy and wondered if you have tried this particular approach?
Old 10-25-2018, 06:27 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hawk, I won't try keto - it's not for me, but thanks. I usually stick with moderate carb 125-150g, with one refeed day. I just went a lot overboard on the refeed.

I've been in successful weight loss management for over a decade and I am usually able to keep it in check but just in the last month I've had a slip with compulsively buying Halloween candy in the pretty packages that is EVERYWHERE. Every year at this time it's a struggle. All the treats combined with the biological urge to put on some insulating fat - I'm actually pretty happy I've caught it before it became Eggnog and heavy whip-pumpkin pie-more Halloween candy-then right into Christmas cookies and candy then Valentines then Easter.

I didn't have a problem with quitting drinking so I know I need to just cut out certain foods. I made the mistake of buying a couple bags and then it was off to the races. Sound familiar?

It's all oh-so-familiar. No harm done. I am going to be mindful by posting here, though.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
gbv

Day 4. I'll have to be careful this evening and tomorrow as I'm off work tomorrow. Need to remember a drink is not the answer. It's the problem.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

A drink is the problem, that's the Truth, gbv.

You're doing great! The early days are difficult, but not impossible.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:19 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Day 10 and I'm feelin ZEN! Double Digits again... next goal triples! Lets stick together Tetrex and celebrate milestones together.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:41 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hey folks,

Hard to believe I've been off-grid for several "pages". It's been a few days of tough-going, but I'm back . . . still trying to hang on to the dream.

Welcome to the new folks!

Fishy

(day off to go fishing today)
Old 10-25-2018, 09:11 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hey folks

Woke up super sick today, my throat and lungs hurt.

I think back to when I was drinking and how DEATHLY sick I would get when I would catch a bug because of all the abuse my body was under going. I feel like crap... my lungs are killing me, my throat is super sore, I feel a little like I am on the edge of bronchitis or illness induced asthma... dang, at least I am not drunk or drinking!
And... it's amazing how I can still function despite being sick. Got the kids off to school bus on time, lunches made and breakfast had, did a bit of laundry, some dishes, and soon I am going to have a nap and after a hot bath.

I don't feel at any risk to drink today. I am so happy that I got through my work conference without accepting any drinks. I felt great when I was on the long drive home.

Hopefully I will be well enough to get to my step study meeting tonight... step 4.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, sober day!
Old 10-25-2018, 01:33 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey everybody, I'm on day 11 and joining Rocktober

I also need to limit my sugar intake. At work I sit right by a serve yourself snack shop and I tend to stress eat. Let's do this!
Old 10-25-2018, 01:57 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

JimiC!! Glad you are here in Octsober! But I like Rocktober better!! Any other rockers in this class?
Old 10-25-2018, 02:03 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yo!

Justin you obviously have your reasons so I'll let it drop - hope you start to feel better soon

Welcome back to those returning

Congratulations to those hitting a milestone today, and and a big shout out to those struggling - if all we have to do today is not drink - not put the gl;ass to our lips - thats achievable - we can do this!

D
Old 10-25-2018, 02:10 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good Evening Class

Today I woke up feeling like absolute crap.... Nope I didn’t have a session last night and wake up with a hangover I’ve got a cold. I think some people call it man flu as it is so bad

Got me to thinking I never really suffered colds while drinking as I would drink them away at night and the hangover trumped the ill feelings of the cold the following day.

Not thrilled that I have picked it up as have never eaten so healthily as I have the last month but hey ho shall look forward to those clear headed mornings in a couple of days time.

Loving Rocktober Jimic, think you’ve invented a great name for the group I might steal that one!

Hope all is well with the rest of the Rocktober Crew.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:16 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope you feel better soon wood4trees

D
Old 10-25-2018, 03:21 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Be careful SNRI WITHDRAWS is rough, wean yourself off with a doctors help. Maybe better to wait till you get more sober days in. Glad to be here, day 4 I’m back at work and my health is slowly improving. I’m going to be the best employee from now on. I never want to go back to how I felt. Getting away from the shame day by day.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:50 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Rocker chick right here!!!

Had some drinking thoughts after work, but somehow I swatted at the AV like an annoying gnat flying around. Now another weekend to get through....Thanks fellow "Rocktober" rockstars!