Notices

Class of March 2019 Part One

Old 02-28-2019, 04:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of March 2019 Part One

Welcome everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of MARCH 2019

come and join us!

The latest FEBRUARY thread is now here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...pt-2-a-18.html
D
Old 03-01-2019, 03:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, looks like I got shotgun.

I'm from the September class and I Had 4 months sober. Then a recent 1week relapse. So I'm joining the March 2019 class for some extra accountability..

Day 5 and feeling very good and positive. Anyone else?
Old 03-01-2019, 03:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I’m ready to kick the toxic relationship with alcohol for good I’m tired of the blackouts and passing out I’m ready for a healthy sober life day 3 for me
Old 03-01-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome finalround and Nichole

D
Old 03-01-2019, 04:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done on snagging #1 spot finalround 🤣.

Hope everyone is doing well, just here for a quick check in.
I'm on day 42 and doing great. Haven't heard back about that job yet but my fingers are still crossed..
Actually I had another interview today that went really well. So things are happening 😀
Anyway stay strong people and chin up. Even if you are just starting out for the first or 100th time, you can do this. You're in the right place for support.

Sorry for the short updates lately. Even though i'm not working atm family life has me busy as a beaver.
Enjoy the weekend.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Daily Motivation

Hello February and March class! I have found daily motivation in reading various threads every day; the wisdom and support has been invaluable. The fellowship and commraderie amongst the SR community is unbelievably generous and I am so grateful to have this soft place to land.
Today is day 56 of sobriety for me after 25 years of pills and alcohol....every day, every minute, is a mindful conscious decision to not pick up. Something that has resonated with me was at a recent AA meeting: there was a man sober 19 years, who said he is always aware of his addiction perched right on his shoulder, which helps to remind him to make good choices. I just pray I am able to continue on my path of sobriety with the cravings and life challenges ahead for me.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello from the Groundhog (February) class!

Dee74: Thank you for these! I had never participated in a "class" before and find the entire thread extremely helpful day to day. Very cool.

Finalround: Congrats on your 4 months, first of all, and for nipping this in the bud and not letting 1 week turn into months, years, decades... what brought you to the relapse point and what is different in your strategy/mindset this time? Asking because I did similar and I want to avoid the same thing.

xxxNICHOLExxx: You think blackouts would be a dangerous and scary enough symptom to keep us from ever picking up another bottle, but addiction doesn't work that way I guess. Glad you're joining this class.

Sober81: Good luck on the job search

Lena1231: Thanks for this. I've spent so many years struggling with "moderation" -- trying to forget or gloss over the blackout drinking of my 20s. But ignoring or rationalizing those experiences only leads to more and more drinking over time. Sounds like this gentleman keeps his AV in check by never denying it's there... thanks this is helpful .

Keep on, friends.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi

im would love to join new month day 1 for me
Old 03-01-2019, 08:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello March Class,

Day 1 for me after a mix of a bender from hell from just after xmas after 6 months sobriety. Some days here and there and now today my actual belly button birthday being spent alone, hangover from hell. It can get worse, I know that doesn't feel like it right now. Anyway enough said, pity party done for now. I am here thank god, Hi to all look forward to posting more positively in days to come. SP
Old 03-01-2019, 08:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day One

Hi Dee and SR Friends. Please add me to the March group. I think I am finally getting that tho I’m pretty much off hard alcohol...what a fool I am to think I can moderate wine. I can’t.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oregongirlsite View Post
Hi Dee and SR Friends. Please add me to the March group. I think I am finally getting that tho I’m pretty much off hard alcohol...what a fool I am to think I can moderate wine. I can’t.
Switching poisons (or to more diluted poisons) never worked for me, either. Wine is a tough one, because it actually made my hangover/withdrawal symptoms even worse than hard liquor. Because I do like the taste of wine I even tried only allowing myself expensive wine on special occasions -- but that only lead to rationalization for more drinking.

For an alcoholic, there's no tolerable amount of poison.

Also, in retrospect, there is a world of flavors out there beyond alcohol... amazing, decadent flavors. Everything from a demi glaze to a 25-year aged balsamic vinegar, and entire universe of complex cheeses...

I was so worried no alcohol meant never experiencing complex flavors again. How wrong I was! It's actually the opposite, you'll start to appreciate the finer things even more .

Good luck and keep on!
Old 03-01-2019, 09:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Evoo View Post
Switching poisons (or to more diluted poisons) never worked for me, either. Wine is a tough one, because it actually made my hangover/withdrawal symptoms even worse than hard liquor. Because I do like the taste of wine I even tried only allowing myself expensive wine on special occasions -- but that only lead to rationalization for more drinking.

For an alcoholic, there's no tolerable amount of poison.

Also, in retrospect, there is a world of flavors out there beyond alcohol... amazing, decadent flavors. Everything from a demi glaze to a 25-year aged balsamic vinegar, and entire universe of complex cheeses...

I was so worried no alcohol meant never experiencing complex flavors again. How wrong I was! It's actually the opposite, you'll start to appreciate the finer things even more .

Good luck and keep on!
Old 03-01-2019, 10:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, this is my first post and day 1 of giving up alcohol. I have been reading the forums for weeks and have learned a lot. I was sober for most of the last month until the last 3 days. Before last month I have been pretty close to a daily drinker for 10+ years. Time for a change. Glad this community is here to help each other.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Nothing like having anxiety because I’m about to be around drinking and I was okay about having people over tonight but now it’s definitely just hit me out of nowhere knowing they are going to ask me to drink with them and just being around it makes my skin crawl ugh but I can’t put myself through the pain of drinking anymore because it always ends out the same outcome sticking to my guns on staying sober it might not be pretty tonight but still worth it
Old 03-01-2019, 02:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Sober81, Lena1231, Lila125, sweetpeacan, oregongirlsite, and sman

Remember Nichole no one ever woke up regretting not drinking...you can do this...we all can
Old 03-01-2019, 02:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hello from the January class. you can do this

Can you not cancel Nichole? Say you are sick or something? It's not technically a lie really. Look after yourself and sobriety first.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Its been a while since I last came here but I'm in a bad way so I need some help again. I definitely Need this place , hopefully ill stay consistent this time .
Old 03-01-2019, 03:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Duck Duck Goose!

Popping in from the February class to say good luck! You might be amazed at how good you feel by the time April rolls around!
Old 03-01-2019, 04:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers

Day 1 for me starts today.

Need to quit for good and SR is good place for support.

JS
Old 03-01-2019, 04:55 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Bradley and JS

D