Notices

Class of October 2018 Part 2

Old 01-05-2019, 10:51 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing Kaily, i hope your days get easier. I read that it does and that gives me so much hope.
I am so thankful for this site and people who share it really does help so much knowing im not alone.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:15 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

100 days today of completely Sober Living as of Today January 8th 2019
Day 1 was October 1, 2018
Did not think I could or would do this as I have tried on occasion before. I do think starting to post in SR and joining the Oct 2018 recovery group is what made the difference this time and for that I am grateful.
The problem now is what to do next? I am continuing my sober days for now but the question to myself is do I dare attempt moderation? I have not read one post on SR that has said it works. UGH
Thank you!
Old 01-08-2019, 03:23 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Congrats on 100 days Spiritman! I've only reached that far a couple of times, and have been attempting to "moderate" ever since....and it sucks! Just my two cents...it's a constant struggle and you're not missing anything great! My vote is stay the course

Slowly pulling myself out of this moderation crap....Two weeks since my last drink....day 10 of 30 day AF program (The Alcohol Experiment) and online meeting coming up this evening.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:41 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Administrator

do I dare attempt moderation?
don't confuse abstinence for control spiritman - your life is better because you removed alcohol from it, not because you suddenly learned control.

If you reintroduce alcohol, I think you'll find yourself back at square one fairly quickly.

My relationship with alcohol was, is and always will be toxic.
No amount of 'time off' resets or changes that.

90-120 days was the point at which I starting working in earnest on building a sober life I loved. I think thats a better project to consider?

D
Old 01-09-2019, 07:43 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
100 days today of completely Sober I am continuing my sober days for now but the question to myself is do I dare attempt moderation? I have not read one post on SR that has said it works. UGH
Thank you!
I was over a year and a half sober. Then I knew, just knew I could handle it. So I tried moderation. It worked for about a week. The next I got worse then I had ever been. DUI and the whole deal. It was bed. 5 whole years bad. So no, do not attempt. Trust me and everyone else who wrote all those post.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:55 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Hey spiritman...i love that you keep what date your up to cos i can just take 10... i dont even know what day im on half the time. Congrats, thats an awesome milestone. Do you feel clearer mentally and healthier physically?
Tell me about your worst monday after a weekend of boozing... trying to be productive after a weekend like that....yuck why gamble on a risk that theres such a small upside...you maybe able to drink in moderation but if you were able to you already would of.
And just one question...you say moderately so is that having a weak drink that you dont feel it...for my problem is i enjoy the feeling alcohol gives me so much that if i had a weak drink (or drank slow not to feel the effects) i may as well have a soda water, theres no difference for me..... but i drank for the wrong reasons.... just thoughts. Please keep posting and stay in touch.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:11 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Hi there,
Thank you guys for all the awesome and experienced advice and responses. On day 109 today and still counting. Everything you guys say is correct and I agree with but still struggling with my AV. Thinking after this abstinence I will somehow miraculously be able to control my addiction. I also know the risk are not worth the gain but still fighting temptation all the same. I cannot go back to what I was doing that is for sure as it will consume and kill me sooner than later. I am taking it day by day and moment by moment. I do want to sincerely thank all of you here on SR for getting me this far. I had quit many time prior to posting here and lasted 30 days at the longest only one time. To answer the question I do not want one week drink I seem to have always drank for the high. I am a work in progress.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:53 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Still about

Hi all,
im still about...been super busy with life.... trying to buy a new house (so have to sell mine). All a big process. Been busy with work/kids/fitness where did i ever find the time to drink and be hungover...i really really felt like drinking yesterday...i just felt great and accomplished so much that day.my down days are less frequent.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:32 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Administrator

The thought of alcohol as reward can take a little effort to shift, Alice., but when you think it through, it's really not a reward is it?

D
Old 02-10-2019, 06:01 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by Alice9 View Post
Hi all,
im still about...been super busy with life.... trying to buy a new house (so have to sell mine). All a big process. Been busy with work/kids/fitness where did i ever find the time to drink and be hungover...i really really felt like drinking yesterday...i just felt great and accomplished so much that day.my down days are less frequent.
Oh man can I relate. B.U.S.Y. How the heck did I find time to drink all that beer at nite. Then to be so non productive in the AM.

Glad we are both still here.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:52 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
HFA

Is anyone else still here fighting the good fight? I know I should have checked in more often, but life gets in the way. Please tell me I am not the only one...
Old 03-13-2019, 08:09 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some of the guys here are still active in other threads HFA - hows it going?

D
Old 03-18-2019, 07:36 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  
HFA

good. Just saddened by the death of this thread. I wonder what the % of threads that die off are?
Old 03-19-2019, 10:43 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are still a couple of threads from 2012-13 that are regularly bumped.

D
Old 03-23-2019, 06:21 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Hey HFA and fellow "rockers" Still here.....You guys can also join us on the Soberbus if you'd like a thread that's a little more active:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...s-pt-25-a.html (Please stay on the Sober bus - pt.25)