Notices

Weekender Thread 21-24 September2018

Old 09-24-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Awesome kev.....thank you!!!!
And it was a Prius I saw before....a red and black one.

Hello darling Leigh....how are you feeling honey?
Old 09-24-2018, 08:52 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone, for getting me through the weekend while cooped up in my "Trigger House". I am very grateful this morning... and relieved because this is my 5th day here and, with work tomorrow, will be heading back to the apartment later today.

The four of us (me, the wife, and twin daughters) had a game night last night and I wasn't missing having a beer by me. (Or, if I had run out of beer, I would mope back to the bedroom and go to bed super early. That used to be my Sunday M.O., I am somewhat embarrassed to say.)

Today in Wisconsin, sunny and a perfect 72 degrees... Payback will be coming in a couple of months.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:45 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Tynesider22 View Post
In my younger days, I used to be able to manage a half marathon.

Then a half Mars, half Crunchie.....
Old 09-24-2018, 10:00 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
saoutchik

About 18 months ago I was at a company on an industrial estate north of Swindon (Swindon - the Pearl of the M4 corridor) They are trying to develop a lithium-sulphur battery which would hold between four to four and a half times the charge of a modern lithium-ion one for the same weight. The battery itself is already in existence but for complicated reasons it degrades quickly on recharging so it is not yet a viable commercial proposition but fingers crossed for a battery breakthrough somewhere, it would make a massive difference.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:07 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TeeJayVerm View Post
Thanks, everyone, for getting me through the weekend while cooped up in my "Trigger House". I am very grateful this morning... and relieved because this is my 5th day here and, with work tomorrow, will be heading back to the apartment later today.

The four of us (me, the wife, and twin daughters) had a game night last night and I wasn't missing having a beer by me. (Or, if I had run out of beer, I would mope back to the bedroom and go to bed super early. That used to be my Sunday M.O., I am somewhat embarrassed to say.)

Today in Wisconsin, sunny and a perfect 72 degrees... Payback will be coming in a couple of months.
May I say with love that your embarrassing Sunday MO pales in comparison with some I remember....

More like Saturday night MO....this one is my favourite.
(It is disgraceful....just wait)

So I used to get blind with the chic in the house next door to my flats..Julie. We were fast friends. And then she became good friends with more of the people in my building....I introduced her. And then one Saturday night I heard her and Craig laughing and drinking and well, they hadn't invited me....I was upset/jealous/outraged/indignant/furious (read drunk as a skunk and a complete moron) so I went upstairs to the third-floor laundry and took the lovely new hose Craig had just bought (so he could wash his lovely new car) and threw it out of the window. And it took me a bit, because it was heavy, so I had plenty of time to get my wits about me and change my mind.... (ha ha ha)

Fast forward to Sunday and a very very angry Craig.....

OK....so it wasn't my MO per se, but it was pretty standard for me to do something like that whilst Saturday nighting.

I know....it's not funny at all, right?

Old 09-24-2018, 10:21 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing, venuscat! I think it is good to joke about incidents like that because they serve as a great reminder of why we shouldn't drink.

My worst moment is getting into a political disagreement on FB with my former best friend then sending him a hasty PM about how my wife never liked his wife (which was true, but clearly hurtful and a horrible thing to put my wife in the middle of).

I woke up the next morning and then I was scrambling for the computer so I could send a message back to him apologizing. Then, I found out later in the day that his wife got wind of the message and sent a message to my wife about it. She was not happy.

We've all reconciled and everyone knew "why" I did it (2:30 AM on a Saturday morning was the key clue). Another good reminder why I should go in the direction of sobriety.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:23 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

It never ends! Yet again got a bunch of neighbors all having a go at me on mass because of parking. For those that remember the guys that threw eggs and dead chicks at my porch, well they sent a little boy to knock on my door to ask me to move my car so they could get a wagon to drop off some building stuff. There were other cars they could of asked but no, they decided I would be the one. I went down to have a look and the wagon could have got through but came back up to my house and got my keys and put my trainers on to go move it. Once I had moved it over closer to the bushes another neighbor standing by her gate started having a go because she didn’t like where I was parked to which I said “you don’t have to like where I park, it’s none of your business”. Then her and her neighbour started on me together, I just walked away. Then as I get to the bottom of my street the idiot guy who previously threw the eggs at my house said he’d called the police on me for being an obstruction and refusing to move my car....the car I had just f’ing well moved when asked first time! AARGHHHHH!

These people just won’t let me be and leave me alone. I mind my own business, keep myself to myself and I they just go out of their way to be nasty. I can’t sell my house so can’t move away from here. Feeling trapped and now it’s all calmed down I am having a bit of a cry lol x
Old 09-24-2018, 10:42 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Sorry about the difficulties with neighbors, MantaLady... perhaps you can contact law enforcement for their harassment and defacing of property?

venuscat... I see you are from German Village? I used to come there every few months for business trips and hung out at High-Beck Tavern quite a bit. I am also embarrassed to say the owner knew me by name even though I was only in town four times per year.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:42 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

OMG Manta, what morons they are.....seriously.....this isn't about you at all love.
Well yes, only in that you are probably the ONLY person who moved their car for them in the first place.

This is a test.....one of life's.....this is a fantastic story for your one yr anniversary speech.....the trials of life.....the stuff that gets thrown at us....literally.....eggs??? Really??? What ludicrous people. Sigh.

I am sorry this is happening....this too shall pass honey.
If it doesn't, call the police.

Huge hugs. ♥♥
Old 09-24-2018, 10:43 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

I just moved here from Australia love....married an SR last year. xx
And I have never been to Becks although it is less than 2 mins walk from my house. (next street).
Old 09-24-2018, 11:04 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Thanks Venus x. I`ve had to call the police quite a bit in the past and they do nothing. I am going to do some love and kindness meditation this evening, see if that helps. The most frustrating thing is that I can't keep out of their way because they are actively coming for me. I can spend 5 days in my house, not leave it, not see a soul and I will still get targeted.

I just went down to move the car back from being so close to the wall and the women had moved their bins round my car blocking me from being able to get in the drivers door purely out of spite. I won't be surprised if my tyres get let down again tonight and the idiot blokes start throwing rotten veg at my back door again this weekend.

Like you said, it`s a test and I have to keep my head up! xx
Old 09-24-2018, 07:24 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Can you get yourself a survelance camera Manta?
Old 09-24-2018, 07:31 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I got to drive a Nissan Leaf a little over a year ago. I realy enjoyed the quiet power it had. Tho it seems you have to have it constantly charging in order to last all day. Means you spend more time looking for charging stations.

I recall that some years ago, there was talk of legislaton to have electric cars make some sort of sound to warn people. We joked that someone would soon hack the car and have it making all sorts of silly noises.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:31 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Manta that is horrible what they are doing, I agree with STDragon about getting one or two surveillance cameras installed, they might at least act as a deterrent. Due to their ubiquity the price of them has fallen substantially in the last few years so it is not a huge financial outlay.

Someone nearby to me drives a Tesla (lucky them) It is quieter than a conventional car but still not silent as you can hear the drive train and tyre noise.

For all my electric car enthusiasm I still drive a petrol engined Scirocco myself.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:17 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning all the weekenders.

Manta I suppose you have tried different things already. The main catalyst behind the feuding seems to be car parking and spaces. Maybe you could check with the council or rent a box... When I lived in the city parking space was always a frustration point.

Anyways time to get this mini vman to school...

PS: you are doing great Teejay. Sounds like you have a beautiful family.

Have a great day weekenders.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:36 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Oh Manta that's awful. Sorry I've got no suggestions for you. Hope it soon passes.
Time to face the day in my super negative workplace....
Big hugs weekenders.
Xx
Old 09-25-2018, 01:43 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Mr

Seen as it didnt work yesterday and tynesider is a metal head 2nd try :

Mrs vman says why do you listen to that growling or an equivalent thing in french - c'est horrible, merde, comment tu peux écouter ça....

Old 09-25-2018, 03:34 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

I just looked up the price of Teslas.....no thank you. Holy moly.

Old 09-25-2018, 03:40 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

c'est horrible like Metalocalypse.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalocalypse
Old 09-25-2018, 03:46 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

You guys need Nick to come back here and play.....I know nothing of these bands.