SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender Thread 21-24 September2018 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/432533-weekender-thread-21-24-september2018.html)

Dee74 09-20-2018 09:53 PM

Weekender Thread 21-24 September2018

Hi There! :wave:

I'd like to welcome anyone new to SR and new to this thread.

Weekends can be a tough time, and that's what this thread is about - support.

We also share bits and pieces of our lives and the things that are important to us, or make us laugh..anything that makes the journey a little easier

If you've never jumped into a weekender thread before - no time like today...do it now!

so on the topic of pain and asking for help...

Me and some friends go out each Sunday night for a meal.

Last Sunday our usual place was closed, so we tried an unfamiliar place.

Food was good but the ground in the unlit carpark was uneven - you had to step over a 3 foot wall too...

Now, I *knew* said wall would be trouble but rather than asking for help I decided to go for it...not so much out of pride, as pigheadedness,

I fell badly and my shin lost all its skin.

Pain.

OMG never had a week like it - but each time I feel the pain I think - hmm, should have asked for help.....

:twak: :hitwithro

Ask for help - before it's too late - it's the wise choice!!

ps I'm doing well now - can get a shoe on and get around again - no need for sympathy :lmao

D

Willow00 09-20-2018 10:12 PM

Ouch Dee! Hope it mends quickly :)
And thanks for the new thread :)

Speaking of pain and asking for help, I went to my GP today and got a mental health plan drawn up and a referral to a psychologist for grief counselling...
Have a great weekend everyone ❤️

theVman31 09-20-2018 10:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Morning Weekenders.

Thanks D and message understood (for my part)
Good afternoon to Willow. You made the right move and Bravo !

I'm a bit hoarse and thraot and chest are a little coarse this morning. Coughing is like tearing a sheet of paper. Last weekend we had three couples of friends with their children, 4 or 5 sick children running wild all weekend. The little virusses and little bacteria everywhere... To top it all off thats two weekes since the children are back in school so they had just about the right amount of time to spread and share their little friends... :)

Oh well, poor me, better soldier on !

On a more positive note : IT'S FRIDAY

Tynesider22 09-20-2018 11:34 PM

Morning all. Thanks for the new thread Dee.

Speaking of asking for help, I'm just waiting for a doctors appointment to discuss some mental health issues that have arisen. Well, I say arisen, had them for years, but I no longer have the tool I used to use to block them out.

Hope you all have a great weekend. My beloved Gateshead FC are away on Saturday to Chesterfield, luckily, there is radio commentary.

petals 09-20-2018 11:35 PM

Get better soon Dee and Vman. And glad you had a successful trip to the doctor Willow. Hope you get the support you need Tynesider.
Hugs to everyone
Xx

saoutchik 09-20-2018 11:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That made me wince Dee, I hope that it is no longer painful at least. That place you went to needs to be careful they are not on the receiving end of a lawsuit from someone.

Good move Willow!

Vinny, I hope it clears up. The meds for it these days are pretty effective at reducing the discomfort.

All the best Tynesider.

Lie in for me as I am off to the ExCel Arena on the company's time. Woot!

MidnightBlue 09-20-2018 11:56 PM

Morning, weekenders.

Having an extra boxing workout later today.

At the moment I am pushing away the need to decide what to do next with my life.

And having coffee.

See you.

Have a great sober Friday, everyone.

PhoenixJ 09-21-2018 12:06 AM

Pride cometh, hey Dee? I hope you heal quick
Same to you V man.
Grief counselling is a good idea Willow. I often find all they do, with me is listen- professional friends, but talking to someone who is objective and not personally involved in my stuff helps.
Tail end of a 3 day migraine- I applied migraine therapy...driving in beautiful scenery, it helped.

Wood4trees2018 09-21-2018 12:09 AM

Good Morning Weekenders.

I like the analogy Dee. Get well soon.

I’m in for the weekend, my first weekend hmmm. Lunch with a friend today, home alone tonight. Lunch with my niece tomorrow who is going on Uni travels then home alone Sat night. Home alone Sunday so some risky points when home alone. Might have to plan something for Sunday.

I shall look out for the Gateshead score with interest Tyne, I’m from the south east but a Norwich fan (Long story)

Have fun at ExCel Saou, what’s going on there this weekend. Nice to be getting paid!!!

Good luck all......

theVman31 09-21-2018 12:24 AM

Welcome Wood4Trees to the weekender.
You are very welcome and well done for choosing sobriety.

Freshstartagain 09-21-2018 01:10 AM

Sorry to hear about your shin D

Happy Friday everyone! It’s my first sober Friday in a very long time. I know I have some challenges ahead of me tonight but I’m feeling strong

Gilmer 09-21-2018 01:52 AM

I'm in! Thanks, Dee! :)

Canadian Koala 09-21-2018 02:34 AM

Hello Weekenders! :wave:

Dee74 09-21-2018 02:34 AM

We're not litigious that way in Oz, Sao - not my generation at least.
It was my mistake. I'll wear it.

D

Willow00 09-21-2018 03:31 AM

Yes I think it will help to talk to someone, even if they just listen :)
I also signed up for a yoga workshop all weekend so my body will get a really good deep stretch and workout which will help to release and discharge some of my pent up stress and grief I hope, physically, mentally and emotionally. It’s all day Sat and Sunday so I think it’s going to be a fullon weekend... but in a good way

zoeydog 09-21-2018 03:42 AM

Happy Friday Weekenders! It sounds like many of us are coming out of the dark end of the tunnel.

Willow, I'm so pleased you're getting grief counseling, I think it will help a lot! You, too, Tynesider. Dee, hope your leg is better! Phoenix, glad your migraine is easing! Good luck FreshStart and Wood. Like you, home-alone time is a trigger for me, so I've planned a movie and a concert to ensure I've filled my evenings with something to distract me from AV!

Good morning Manta, Candian, Gilmer, VMan, Midnight, Saoutchik, Petals, and everyone else checking in today! We got this!

theVman31 09-21-2018 03:42 AM

Welcome to the weekender freshstartagain

theVman31 09-21-2018 03:46 AM

Remember your halts this weekend.

Hunger has a massive effect on me personally.
My sister once said to me that it's better if nobody is around me when I'm hungry.
She was right... :)

SnazzyDresser 09-21-2018 03:50 AM

It's like those Snickers commercials where people turn into famous monsters and celebrities when they're hungry!

I think I remember Goethe saying he liked writing on an empty stomach though, so he probably wasn't a Snickers man.

STDragon 09-21-2018 03:53 AM

Good for you Tyne and Willow for takng care of your mental health.

Did you bring home lots of swag from the ExCel Arena exhibition Saou?