Notices

Weekender Thread 21-24 September2018

Old 09-22-2018, 10:37 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Mr

How is your treatment going Leigh?
Is the cream doing what it's intended to do?
Take care.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

TeeJay, I found good sleep took a while, but now it's one of the best things about skipping the booze! The other good thing is waking up and for a minute thinking I drank, wondering what I did or whether I did anything embarrassing, and realizing I was sober, fresh and happy!
Old 09-22-2018, 12:50 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Feeling sad right now. I've moved with my fiance from Vermont to Georgia and have been here a week. Earlier today dropped my parents off at airport as they drove my car to Georgia for me. I'm missing them already and they were only here for a few days. The logical part of me knows I'm transitioning to a new place and a new culture - but this alcoholic doesn't like change - although that is why I moved....I needed a change - funny in a way.
This too shall pass. I know it will be easier once I actually have the house settled (and my fridge, washer and dryer finally arrive), get a new job, and meet new people at a meeting which I haven't gone to yet.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:52 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Least about Jack - sending a hug
Old 09-22-2018, 01:25 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

That is quite a move soberclover. I’m a resident of the southeast and I’m happy to say that the heat will soon be easing into a comfortable autumn. And although it won’t be the same as Vermont, the trees do put on quite a show of foliage in parts of Georgia.

It is interesting though, I’ve read that big changes (even happy ones) often prompt a time of increased vulnerability in alcoholics . Also, I often feel a little AV temptation if I’m in a geographic location far removed from my norm. As if my addictive tendency wouldn’t apply there maybe.

Anyway, welcome to the Deep South! I hope you’ll settle in reasonably soon and that this will be ultimately be a positive move for y’all.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:05 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just popping in to say happy Sunday everyone
I’m off to day 2 of a yoga workshop, day 1 was great, did some “chakra clearing “ stuf which really seemed to clear some negative energy out and clear my head a bit hopefully today is another great day too. Love to you all
Old 09-22-2018, 03:53 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

That has been a challenging afternoon. My wife was in prime form with her Type A personality... trying to orchestrate everything to her liking with everyone in the family.

I went for a 1.5 mile walk on my own (at 5 mph on average, so booking it pretty good) to calm myself down, took a nap, and the anxiety has subsided.

Sorry for the whining... but being in my home state does not make this easy. Because of job situations, she and I live three hours from each other and meet up most weekends. She is fine and relaxed when she comes to my apartment... but things get tense at this house when she is working and/or there are things that need to get done.

She and I have talked about this many times... and her intensity has gotten better over time... it was actually worse when I was here full time. She's not mean or angry... just high strung, controlling, and perfectionistic.

Hopefully, things will be calm and more tranquil during our dinner out tonight.

Thanks for listening.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:59 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders!

I also had a Yoga workshop today, it was Yin Yoga and pretty amazing. My day was very full, I still am bad with estimating how much energy I have, how tiring things will be and all of that.
There were no further dates tonight but the guy I met last night just asked me if I want to come over for pancakes tomorrow morning. I think that's very sweet but jeez it's going to fast lol. If 10 years ago Kev would hear this, she would not believe it!! Not even kissing a nice and attractive guy on the first date and then finding things are moving to quickly when he invites her for a Sunday brunch. I can't believe how much I have changed in some ways, it's so interesting to see. And all this urgency I used to have, wanting to know asap whether someone liked me or not, feeling like I have to have things just now. It's gone. At least for now.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:15 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

OK, dinner was a lot better. Her "orchestra" has finally stopped playing!
Old 09-22-2018, 08:57 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning weekenders.
It's weird how I wake up early on Saturday and Sunday mornings when what I would like to do is sleep in. Ah well 05:54 and that's coffee o clock time.

Moving can be very stressful SoberClover but ultimately I think it will be a good move... Sending out a happy vibe from france.

Later weekenders
Old 09-22-2018, 09:49 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Mr

Images on the goggle box show that a nasty tornado hit Ottawa. I hope my friends Canadian Koala and Dragon are not effected. (and all Canadian SR'ers) Lucky your work trip was not for tomorrow Dragon....
Old 09-22-2018, 10:01 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Mr

Captain Haddock and Darkling Song it's been a while since we saw you guy's post a yoohooo...
We would like to hear from you no matter what your situation... You're weekenders
Old 09-22-2018, 10:09 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning, same here VMan, it is still dark here but at least i'm not hungover.

I hope you are OK petals.

It is good to see so many different people posting this weekend, that's a lot of people without hangovers, regrets or anxiety about what they did or said. I wish I had the time to respond individually but well done anyway.

Coffee time
Old 09-23-2018, 12:13 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi everyone 5pm here and finished yoga workshop.
It was great but so much to take in... I need a big sleep to process it all...
A cup of tea, a roast dinner and then bed I think... although a gap between dinner and bed otherwise I won’t sleep very well.
Hope you’re all having a good Sunday x
Old 09-23-2018, 02:25 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Mr

Uummmm roast dinner...
Old 09-23-2018, 03:21 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Morning everyone, thanks for making me laugh... me taking MB on... though it hurts to laugh... cough ..sneeze etc😂😂(banging headache still)
I will be fine.... always been delicate and slow to heal.... junior P says I'm a wussy pants... think I prefer delicate 😂.
Anyway I'm freezing cold so it's time for a cuppa.
Big hugs
Xxx
Old 09-23-2018, 04:00 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Clover, I live in Vermont! And I was born and raised in the south, so we have some things in common (in reverse order). I hope you love your new adventure, and just remember that you'll be outside enjoying warmth and sunshine in May when I'm still shoveling deep snow off the walkways! Please keep posting … through all your ups and downs!

Tee Jay, glad things are easing up! It's tough commuting in a marriage … hang in there!

Kev, sounds like sobriety is working for you just fine!

Good morning VMan, Sao and Willow, Petals and CaptainHaddock, and all the others ringing in a sober Sunday (and anyone who slipped but we welcome you here with us always!).
Old 09-23-2018, 04:09 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday, Weekenders!

We have a public holiday tomorrow, so I decided to take a bit of a break. We left the hustle and bustle of the city behind on Friday morning, and since then found ourselves in a nature reserve bordering the south of the Kruger National Park. One can actually drive around and watch game in the Kruger National Park that venture to the river that forms the border with the reserve where I am at. We plan to make a day trip into the Kruger Park, starting very early tomorrow morning. At night, sitting outside around the fire, we can hear lion, elephant, hippo, hyena and such creatures calling in the distance! I have been fortunate enough to have had a few opportunities to put my 600mm lense to good use, and took some real nice pictures of a large herd of elephant charging down an embankment to the river, kicking up a big cloud of dust in the process, and a few shots of a small, colourful kingfisher as it caught what looked like a salamander. If I could, I would relocate at the drop of a hat. I think people living here in the bush exceed the average city dwellers’ life expectancy by at least 10 years! At least we still have a few days to look forward to, as we only leave on Wednesday.

The reception is poor and because there is no wifi, I am restricted to my phone.

Apologies for not commenting on anything specific, but it looks like there’s been nice activity on the thread thus far. I will be checking in from time to time, and wish everyone a peaceful and happy Sunday.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:28 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Mr

That sounds terrific Captain.
Have fun.

Good morning Zoey and Petals... Enjoy the coffee.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:16 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Images on the goggle box show that a nasty tornado hit Ottawa. I hope my friends Canadian Koala and Dragon are not effected. (and all Canadian SR'ers) Lucky your work trip was not for tomorrow Dragon....
The Tornado hit on the Quebec side of the city. I was working in the Kanata region, just on the other side of the river. But the two don'tlook that far apart on google maps.

When I was over in Ottawa, as I was driving to the airport, the emergency system came on and announced a tornado watch. Not being familiar with the area, I had no idea where it was. But as I continued on I drove into a storm with a heavy downpour and I started worring I was headed right into it. Or that the airport would close down and I'd be stuck. But it soon cleared up and the sun came out again.