Notices

Weekender Thread 21-24 September2018

Old 09-21-2018, 10:53 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

The rainshowers round my way today have been brutal! I walked from the supermarket door to my car and it had gone through my trainers to my socks, soaked everything in my handbag and when I drove home with the heaters on I was actually steaming haha. However, when I got home I saw this beautiful rainbow out of my front window!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rainbow_IMG_1956 v2 small.jpg (78.2 KB, 90 views)
Old 09-21-2018, 10:58 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am missing my sweet old man today. I cherish my memories but it's hard to accept that I'll never see him again. I love you Jack.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:04 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi, this is my first weekend. Day 5. Been a very busy day today with the kids. Would usually open a bottle of wine when I got home as a "reward" for a nice day but this evening I opened a chocolate bar instead. I seem to be over the worst if the physical cravings, the headache in day 3-4 has gone now and I'm feeling calmer.
Partner has gone out tonight with his friends which I was a little jealous of but I must admit I'm looking forward to seeing the reminder in the morning of why I've stopped this when I see how hungover he will be. He very rarely drinks so this is only the second time this year he's been out.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:33 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

In. Thank you as always Dee. Sorry to hear about the fall.....I am sending you healing thoughts. Since coming to SR, I have got a little better at asking for help. It is a work in progress.....Thank you for the reminder.

Vman, hope you also feel better soon.
Sao, you always seem to be doing something interesting!

Least, so sorry.......I have lost all my beautiful companions over the years (one fantastic sheepdog and many, many cats). The pain is terrible. They are so woven into the fabric of one's life. I am thinking of you.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:46 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi Longlady and congratulations on day five and the first weekend! Stick around here and let us know how you’re doing.

And I agree about sober mornings. I absolutely adore(do guys use that word?) Saturday morning coffee with clear eyes, steady hands and no cotton-mouthed hangover. Never never gets old.

Beautiful pic Mantalady.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:09 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

It’s the weekend and I’m mourning my Friday night beer. It’s also day 30.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:15 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Count me in!

Back in my home state for the weekend that I moved back to in 2014 and when my problems really escalated. Plus, I was doing well last weekend before I crashed and burned on Sunday. Good news is that I am better prepared mentally... and will make sure I check back often.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:25 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Gorgeous view Mantalady And thanks for the tip re TRE. I’ll look into it.
Today I start a yoga workshop so I’m hoping it will help release some stress and grief as I get my body moving....
Love and support to you all for a sober weekend
Old 09-21-2018, 02:55 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi Kaytea and TeeJayVerm. Really glad to see y’all checking in at the very beginning of a fresh new weekend. Keep us posted on how you’re doing. Such great support here.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:41 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Longlady & Kaytea. Congratulations on 5 days and 30 days respectively. Good to see you too DarklingSong and TeeJayVern.

Good luck with those social events LoveHateWine, you'll be fine.

Well done on opening up Venuscat! That was brave of you.

Hugs least!

Canadian Koala this is the Wiki entry, it's actually called Bloodhound, Thrust SSC was the last one, my bad

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodhound_SSC

Despite a storming 1,2,1 finish I was runner up at Crazy Golf tonight.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:42 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Lights out time at Saoutchik Towers, see you all tomorrow, hangover free.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:58 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Lovely pic MTL
Old 09-21-2018, 06:00 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Welcome, new Weekenders!

Congratulations on your masterful finish, Sao!
Old 09-21-2018, 06:30 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Lovely photo Manta

I just came home from another date and it was really nice actually. We met at 8pm and now it's 3 am which means we chatted for almost 7 hours! I do like him so far and he is quite cute, I felt like I had more of a chemistry with him. He tried to kiss me towards the end which I wasn't really against but I said "not today" and it was fine for him, didn't kill the conversation or anything. I guess that is a good sign and I guess I made it not seem like I dislike him or anything. Also he didn't drink cause I didn't, saying he doesn't need to drink on his own and that he's not that much into drinking anyway. Which is another plus.

In my drinking days I would've probably made out with him on a first date, thinking "who knows or cares about tomorrow" so it was interesting to observe that change in how I behaved and how I approached the whole thing.

I am really quite confused about what I am looking for in a man these days. Before, I was often seeking a connection through feeling broken or like a misfit, through being depressed or lost. Which I guess was never a good foundation. And I was the kind of girl that fell in love on the first date, or thought it was love at least but I was probably just projecting stuff. This feeling of "yes, he's a bit cute but I am not sure yet, let's give it some time and see how things develop" while not feeling in a rush, is very new to me.

And coming home I wasn't sick or anything but had a nice and warming soup cause it got very chilly tonight. It's a bit late but I can sleep in tomorrow and will hopefully wake up feeling a lot fresher than I used to after going out in my drinking days

Goodnight weekenders!
Old 09-21-2018, 06:40 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I am missing my sweet old man today. I cherish my memories but it's hard to accept that I'll never see him again. I love you Jack.
Sending you much love and a hug dear least
Old 09-21-2018, 06:41 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hey there Kevlarsjal2 - can't thank you enough for that share! Thank you thank you.

So we have more in common than you may realize. My current "intense personal issue" I am dealing with has to do with much of the same as you described...not necessarily in dating, but similar. I have come to realize this topic has been an issue my entire life, even regarding my deceased husband. To put it as my therapist put it: " I need to be or at least I need to think I am in love in order to be somebody". Whoa. Some serious doo doo.

I survived my first social event and a few other circumstances tonight. Onward.

Thanks all for being here.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:54 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi LHW! I wasn't sure if I should post it or if it was a bit boring and TMI but if it was helpful to you then I'm glad I did it And I'm sorry about your husband.

I can also identify with what your therapist said. If I didn't feel in love I always felt a bit incomplete. Interesting. And a weird realisation.

On my way home I was comparing this date to the first date I had with my ex, after which I felt very much in love with him already. I asked myself what he actually did, what connection we ACTUALLY had by that time that made me feel so amazed by him. And I don't think there was much of a connection in reality at that stage. He said something I could identify with and so I hoped that he is the one who will finally understand me and probably started projecting a whole lot of stuff onto him. Ironically he always said that I would never be with him, had I not felt so low when we met and that I will one day realise that he has not much to offer and will leave him. In the end it was him who left me but I could never understand why he said those things. Now I think I do understand it a bit.

Good to hear you made it well through your social event
Old 09-21-2018, 07:38 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

It's good to see so many people checking in for the weekend.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:31 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I kept very busy tonight after a quiet day... thank goodness. Just something about being here (in Wisconsin) puts my AV into overdrive. Never considered doing it but there was some general anxiety and despair... especially when I attend a high school football game where there are hundreds of teenagers with their whole lives ahead of them.

Thank goodness my daughters are happy, confident, and comfortable in their own skin. I was NOT that way in high school.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:54 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wood4trees2018 View Post
Good Morning Weekenders.

I like the analogy Dee. Get well soon.

I’m in for the weekend, my first weekend hmmm. Lunch with a friend today, home alone tonight. Lunch with my niece tomorrow who is going on Uni travels then home alone Sat night. Home alone Sunday so some risky points when home alone. Might have to plan something for Sunday.

I shall look out for the Gateshead score with interest Tyne, I’m from the south east but a Norwich fan (Long story)

Have fun at ExCel Saou, what’s going on there this weekend. Nice to be getting paid!!!

Good luck all......
Welcome!