Administrator

(((Leigh)))

I'm really glad you're sticking with it Marty

Have a good weekend folks

D
Old 09-07-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Happy Friday, everyone.
Goodbyeevan … it does sound like a good weekend, doesn't it! It's easier for me to stay sober when I'm active! Fingers crossed … weekends are tough.

MLD … I hope you are able to handle your stress! I feel your pain …

Leigh … sending you good health vibes! Keep us posted.

Everyone, I've read all the posts and feel very connected tonight. Sober strong, too. Need to maintain that through tomorrow. I can do this! We can all do this!
Old 09-07-2018, 04:30 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Sounds excellent, Zoeydog!
Old 09-07-2018, 04:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Sunset last Night up here @ MesaVille. Fosters Serenity that centers a Person.

Today was All Errands - All The Time, with a visit to a nice Riverbed Dog Park. I'm retrofitting a sleek Euro Sofa Bed into our Trailer to replace the Dinette, and doing a complete upgrade on the Solar Energy System. 550 Watts of Solar Panels pumped into 4 Golf Cart Batteries will allow us infinite time off-Grid. Ideal Camping for this kinda-Introvert: no others around. After a Trailer Test Run for a Boondocking Week soon with MesaDog while MesaMate jets off to pal around with Girlfriends, we'll head West to the California Coast for the month of October. At her request...

Pending sustenance tonight consists of Grilled Poke Chops, and grilled local Peppers. I figger I can enjoy Life, or drink. So, I'll go with the former---.

Listening to Joe Bonamassa cover Tina Turner right now...

~ Nutbush City Limits - Joe Bonamassa & Beth Hart ~

Old 09-07-2018, 05:15 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Happy Friday night, invisible friends. Had a bit of rough day with depression, but that is typical when my brain is jumping around wondering where the alcohol is and my emotions are raw and unanesthetised. I have managed to get through it by taking a walk through the woods near my house, reading a bit, listening to a recovery podcast or two and just journaling my thoughts to review with my therapist when I see her again next week. I was able to work from home today, so greatful for that. Now getting ready for my business trip, there will only be one group dinner where people will be drinking, the rest I am on my own. Not worried about it at all, actually looking forward to not drinking while they all do. Have a great rest of the weekend and I will try to touch base when I can.

Oh, MesaMan, Bob Seger also does a great cover of "Nutbush City Limits"!
Old 09-07-2018, 06:03 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

The first one I heard was Bob Seger's.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:11 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I made it through my evening surrounded by alcohol. I'm glad I never liked wine, I think that made it easier because that's what everyone was drinking. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. No one seemed at all interested in me having iced tea at the dinner. And they all had one glass of wine each. Who does that? Why? But that's what they do which is why they can do it and I can't!
Anyway, I am grateful to be home and sober and ready for a great weekend. I do have to work both days, but shorter hours so I can come home and have time to do other things.
Leigh, I'm sending you positive healthy vibes. And you too, MLD. I hope you both have a speedy change for the better.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:15 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

2am here in the UK - the cat has done it again - woken me by scratching me under the bed cover. Not in a good mood and am thinking of buying a water plant sprayer for when she does this. Sounds cruel I know, but I'm a walking zombie through lack of sleep. Seems to be doing it, since the weather cooled down again - not sure if she's trying to get INTO the bed or not. I guess time will tell.
Fed her (probably the wrong thing to do, as it's just rewarding her behaviour - but at least I get to go back to sleep. Off back there now Stay strong x
Old 09-07-2018, 10:23 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Happy Friday Night or Saturday Morning to my friends across the pond. This weekend will be interesting. I'm going out to dinner twice and I know there will be alcohol - not a lot, but some. I'm kind of curious to jump this hurdle. I'm 57 days AF and I like how I feel sober. I've already designated myself as a driver for one outing, and the other one is just with close friends who won't care what I drink while they have their cocktail. It feels really good where I'm at, and I've had enough sober time to really be happy I'm not drinking in the morning and not craving alcohol after work like I did at the beginning. I've felt so much better that the thought of drinking is kind of like thinking about eating the same kind of food that gave you a bad case of food poisoning .
Hope everyone has a pleasant, enjoyable weekend and I will join you in not drinking.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:55 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning, I hope everyone made it through Friday night. If you're reading this and you are suffering, one way or another due to alcohol then do make the effort by joining SR or whatever. The feeling of waking up hangover free and like a normal human being on a SatMurray morning is priceless.

Sorry about your moggy problem Zanna, there might be something worth trying here.

https://www.pet-happy.com/how-to-sto...n-the-morning/

The Canal Trust volunteers are excellent here. I saw them at 6.30am out with grappling hooks keeping the canal clean. One of them told me they pulled a WW2 hand grenade out last week.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:39 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning weekenders.
Congratulations on your 57 days Branches. Every one of them is as important as the another and the most important of all is today. Odaat.

Nice to see you guys LHW and MesaMan.

Nice job Karen.

I've got some pickaxe work in the garden starting after this post...

Later weekenders.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:39 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Morning, I hope everyone made it through Friday night. If you're reading this and you are suffering, one way or another due to alcohol then do make the effort by joining SR or whatever. The feeling of waking up hangover free and like a normal human being on a SatMurray morning is priceless.

Sorry about your moggy problem Zanna, there might be something worth trying here.

https://www.pet-happy.com/how-to-sto...n-the-morning/

The Canal Trust volunteers are excellent here. I saw them at 6.30am out with grappling hooks keeping the canal clean. One of them told me they pulled a WW2 hand grenade out last week.
Thank you VERY much! - Looks like I've been doing all the wrong things. She's a housecat, so I can't just let her out (she won't go out anyway)
Thanks love x
Old 09-08-2018, 03:55 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

In Catch-22 (The actual book) there is a guy whose neighbours would hear him waking up in the middle of the night screaming. Turns out it was because when he fell asleep, his cat liked to settle down- on his face. He would wake from the lack of oxygen.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:58 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Nick told me about a black cat he had (like Venus) that used to whack him on the nose to stop him snoring.....

Zanna honey.....I have awesome cat skills....I missed your problem....must go read. xx
Old 09-08-2018, 04:16 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Mesa, what a beautiful evening! I love your comment about serenity because that's what I often feel is missing in my life. I'm working on making time to dial it down and seek serenity.

Zanna, your post about your cat made me laugh out loud (in a good way)! I sleep with my littlest dog, and she's always getting me up in the night. She's lucky I love her so much! And a spray of water sounds entirely appropriate and not the least bit mean! Go for it!

VMan, Saoutchik, Sober, Gilmer, LoveHateWhine, and everyone else on this threat, I'm wishing you all a happy and sober Saturday.

I woke up feeling better than I have in a very long time. I'm holding on to that -- not wondering how much I drank, did I embarrass myself last night, did I snark at my husband. I feel like a hike. I have energy and enthusiasm. This is only Day 13 for me, but my fingers are crossed that my body is actually starting to recover from the daily dose of booze. Tomorrow I can brag about 2 weeks sober, and I can't wait! Sending good wishes your way, all.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:01 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone - just taking a quick minute to check in while waiting for my airport shuttle driver to come.

It was really nice to wake up without any trace of a glass or two or six of wine last night. Even one glass there at the end was giving me a massive headache. I can remember the last time I travelled, I had one too many the night before and it was awful.

Gilmer - Bob Seger is probably my all time favorite. Had tickets to go see him in Phoenix last year with an ex BF. The ex BF and I broke up prior to that, and I sold the tickets on Stub Hub, and then Bob cancelled the tour due to back surgery so I wouldn't have gone anyway. Hoping to see him next time he comes this way (or I would definitely travel again to see him).

I'll try to check in over the weekend from my phone. Everyone have a great day!
Old 09-08-2018, 05:12 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Old 09-08-2018, 05:18 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus and Zoeydog Yeah, I can see the funny side of it now, but I did go back to sleep for 5 hours. I'm still plotting to give her tummy rubs every....single....time she tries to sleep today - oh yessss
I probably won't but the thought makes me feel good.
She's back to snuggly fluffy mode now so am making the most of sticking my face into her fur - I love that
Thanks again.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:20 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm going to bedmandu LOL.

D