Notices

A Labour of Love - Labor Day Weekender 1st - 4th Sept.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:35 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Not sure how this thread works as I've never participated in it. My understanding is that we just offer up our thoughts and activities to get through the weekend?

The countdown to move date is on, tomorrow our temporary storage arrives and loading will begin. I am so lucky everyone loves my wife because we will have an army of help. I need another surgery on one of my knees so I am kind of useless. Birthday is Monday, not sure what I'm gonna do other than workout. I've learned a lot about my new profession this month. I've sold 2 properties and bought 1, so I'm swimming in documents and signatures.

Regarding alcohol, I simply have to continue to stay away from my parents. I love em as I should, but I can't be close to them. They are toxic. I knew that, but I had to test the waters and it didn't go well. Now that I have mended some fences with them, they want to continue to get together....that can't happen. I do not have a normal relationship with alcohol and drinking in any amount or frequency is poisonous to my life, plain and simple. Not sure this is the right forum to vent this, but I needed to say it.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Julia8 View Post
I failed and feeling extremely low.
Julia I'm sending you hugs. I've failed at many things so I know how you feel. Just don't give up and keep trying... xoxox
Old 09-01-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm so tired... late late night with son's football game... early early early morning getting him to school... he forgot his charger so had to run it him... an hour round trip drive. He is cranky, rude and I love him and I won't see him until next Tuesday night. So here I am again, holiday week-end, feeling blue, tired, cranky, depressed.... what should I do...?
Old 09-01-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Haha, Gilmer - I was trying to figure out what that meant! I don't have any now. And I will check out the other thread. Sounds like just what I might need. Thank you.

Thank you, too, Tetra. I always enjoy your posts.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks, Sunshine. Hugs to you as well.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

This is a great place to vent, Thomas. Welcome!

Good luck with your surgery.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

((((Sunshine))))

Maybe something like a bubble bath (with crisp sparkling water)?
Old 09-01-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
saoutchik

High Thomas11, welcome to Weekenders!

Your post was perfect, all we do on this thread is post about getting through the days and nights without drinking or using so there is pretty much nothing that is not suitable. If someone is struggling we rally round, if people have something they want to post about then they do and as Gilmer once memorably said, you might just want to post "I am eating cheese." Good luck with the move and your knee.

Gilmer Ha Ha!

Crazy Golf was a lot of fun tonight - finished 3rd.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

How fervently I wish I could claim credit for the cheese remark, but it wasn't me.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Really? I wonder who it was then? It made me laugh.

Massive thunder and lightning storm has kicked off here, I got home just in time.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:23 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Oh I meant to add that I told The Princess about my consultants annual leave weeks ago so she could use his theatre slot for her own patients. She never responded so I offered it around to the other consultants and it was snapped up. Then she threw a hissy fit in the consultants office and sent me a rather nasty email. The theatre slot was subsequently given to her. Not my fault that she can't make up her mind about anything. I used to go home blaming myself for everything. One of the things my father told me when I started this job was that you can save yourself a lot of problems by being nice in emails: Dear Sir/Madam, I would be most grateful if... and signing off with Kind regards. I guess she didn't get that advice. From now on I'll be nice to her but as far as I'm concerned I owe her nothing. If she has a problem she can take it up with my consultant in person or with management because nothing here has anything to do with me
Old 09-01-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Julia?

Are you still awake?

How are you doing?
Old 09-01-2017, 07:23 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Yes, Gilmer - but not for much longer. I just got home from work - which helps as I cannot drink. But also meant I couldn't pop in here much. Thank you tons for your support and checking on me! I am feeling much better after my self-loathing morning.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:25 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

That's good. Have a good, restorative sleep.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:34 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thanks, Gilmer - I'm not sure I will be able to, but I hope so!
Old 09-01-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Friday in the books for everyone? I'm home. No dramas today to speak of. Just a lovely couple hours at the fishing pier watching some big salmon get pulled in...and a couple huge Kings who jumped off last-second. I'm always rooting for the fish.

Not a popular opinion and I definitely keep it to myself.

(google image from the same location where I was)

Old 09-02-2017, 12:55 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Julia, I hope you had a good night.

I would be rooting for the fish too biminiblue.

I stopped to take this pic a couple of hours ago, it was still overcast after last nights storm bit it has brightened up a lot since then and looks like being a sunny day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170902_084933.jpg (41.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 09-02-2017, 05:17 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Didn't sleep too well, so very tired again today. Back to work for a long day, but I know today will be better than yesterday.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thanks, Sao.
Interesting and thought provoking opener, as usual.

Count me in !!
Old 09-02-2017, 08:20 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Made it through a kid free holiday Friday night! Basically I stayed in bed from 2pm yesterday afternoon until 10AM this morning. That's what depression does to me. But I'm very much better today. Totally rested and feeling good. Lot's of things to do today...including pay bills (ick)... But will feel accomplished and sober AF is the way I'm keeping it!!