Notices

Summer Hols time but it's Old Skool Weekenders 28-30th July *

Old 07-27-2017, 03:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That sounds good BC. Great Uncle Sao says be on your guard when that month arrives as lots of free time can be dangerous to the likes of us. I'm sure you will have a really good time.

It will not stop raining here, it had better be stopped by the weekend or else.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm just worn out. There is so much I could go on about but I won't bother. My consultant was trying to bring in a patient for emergency surgery. After all the stress and the threats by him to quit the patient got a bed today for surgery tomorrow. I worked late this evening and I was dragging a cart of charts for reviews into his office at about 5:30 this evening. He was in his chair dressed in gym shorts and a jacket. I just made some comment about the rain and how bad it was and I had hoped to go to town but I changed my mind and these charts were for reviews. He told me "I've just been to the gym and now I'm going to another gym in town if you want a lift?" Keep in mind he is 65. I smiled and thanked him but I had decided to go home. If only I had a fraction of that energy.

Anyway I texted my brother tonight to plan my holiday to Philadelphia in October. He said "you are more than welcome any time. Actually I'll be home at the beginning of September for a week". My parents will be so pleased. I can foresee my mother going mad cleaning the house so remind me to avoid going home the week before.

Anyway I could write loads more but I'm too exasperated.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi all, I am in!

Thanks for the opener Sao, yes indeed, I didn't realize weekend mornings existed until I quit drinking.

Congrats on shotgun Lunar!

I have been a busy bee so haven't been around much lately. I guess that's a good thing, at least I am certainly staying out of trouble. A little work, a little play, and early bedtime make for a very short day!

Hope everyone is doing well, stay on the bus!
Old 07-27-2017, 06:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
It ate too many electron chips.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
This will probably be my first ever sober Board Walk Days weekend.
and probably your best too
Old 07-27-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks Sao for the new thread! Yes, too many lost weekends....my car would literally sit downtown all weekend because I would get drunk, get a ride to wherever the party was, get a ride back to my car the next day & instead of going home, I'd go back into the pub and repeat. Shoot, I even got a part time weekend job to help keep me out of trouble, but even that barely slowed me down. Whew! I get exhausted just thinking about it.

I'd much rather be here with you all ~ I am in!
Old 07-27-2017, 11:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Morning guys. Had a week off work but been ill in bed for most of it. Off to have another blood test later.
Hugs to you all. Xx
Old 07-27-2017, 11:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Put me down for a sober weekend.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:02 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning troopers,

Tetra, it might be worth accepting that lift as you can sometimes pick up some useful information and/or build an improved rapport even for a short lift, it gives him a little snapshot of your life and so he will think of you more of a person rather than someone who does the administration.

petals that's bad news about being ill, good luck on the blood test

I have only been in work for less than ten minutes and I see that we have received a substantial order from a very upmarket Paris hotel.. Good stuff.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:55 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Morning
Old 07-28-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hope you manage to wrestle your work week to a close Bix.
Have a great weekend at the cabin MLD.
Sorry to hear you were sick for your week off petals. We have a policy at work where you can actually ask for your vacation days back if you were sick. I know someone who actually did that.

Canada is one of the few countries that possess an identical copy of Le Grand K....
all artifacts gradually lose or accumulate atoms over time - Canada's kilogram weighs in
Old 07-28-2017, 05:37 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good morning!

I am in!

Sao- thanks for the intro!

Petals- I hope you feel better soon.

MLD- I hope you have fun at the camp and at the cabin! It is nice to get away like that.

My weekends were never much different than through the week since I didn't work. One of my biggest hurdles was learning to be content during down time. It is okay to relax every once in awhile.I have been playing games on my laptop and puzzles this week it is really fun and good for my brain too.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:46 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Sao!

I hope you feel better soon, Petals.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:27 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Happy sober weekend all!!
Old 07-28-2017, 08:02 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Middy, in early recovery I played electronic games for extended periods, it does take your mind off of thoughts of drinking and games like Sudoku are supposed to help us to stay mentally sharp.

Britain seems to be angry all the time recently. today there was a road rage incident just outside of work where a cyclist was deliberately struck by a motor vehicle. I did not witness it myself but other people did and I understand that the vehicle that rammed the cyclist was filmed before he or she drove off. I have often thought that phone cameras are a good thing in cases like this. The cyclist was taken to hospital although apparently he walked to the ambulance so hopefully it is not too serious.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Sao- There have been a lot of road rage incidents in the US lately too. It is really scary. People lose their tempers so quick. Glad the cyclist is ok.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:05 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Have a great time, Marty!
Old 07-28-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I read this article a while back. Fortunately it is not usually too bad near my flat. Although I do empathise I suspect the complaints are coming from the newer, more gentrified residents.

Shoreditch families leaving London for weekend over ?intolerable noise? from drunk clubbers - Hackney, Stoke Newington and Shoreditch News - Hackney Gazette
Old 07-28-2017, 12:48 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I distinctly remember leaving strict instructions that it was not to rain this evening. I must have offended the weather gods.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Just come up to bed so my first night of the weekend is over - Tomorrow I will wake up on Day 7. Goodnight all X