Notices

Summer Hols time but it's Old Skool Weekenders 28-30th July *

Old 07-30-2017, 11:29 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, I hope that everyone made it through the weekend.

BixBees I so pleased that things picked up for you my fingers are crossed that it stays that way.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:52 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good morning Sao X

I can't believe how strong I am at the moment in making my sobriety a priority. While on the internet yesterday I discovered how many celebrities are tee-total and it amazed me. Surely if they can do it - we can too. I'm feeling quite mature at the moment as I have no guilt from making any mistakes and can hold my head up high. The past is the past and its gone. I am now making a new life for myself. Just updated on the July thread - the big problem I have is knowing what to do with my life. I'm stuck in a rut. This is something I need to work on this week X
Old 07-31-2017, 03:11 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I will need to stay close...I've got a challenge coming up this weekend. Going to a show to see my favorite rock star on Saturday night.....it's at a bar out of town, my friend has a hotel room booked and I'm approved for Sunday off work....the temptation will definitely be there!
Old 07-31-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Purps, you'll be one of the few still dancing in an upright position by the end of the night. Who's your favorite rock star?
Old 07-31-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

GOOD Morning! I was up before the sun and have been kicking it at my job before anyone else even signs in. I'm trying to free up some time later, during biz hours to handle personal business.

Sao, you are a major inspiration to me.

Susiegirl! I'm right there with ya!

Purplrks--STD is right! You will dance all night and Remember the ENTIRE event. Sounds so fun. If your resolve weakens...step outside and think of the little yoga goats and how they NEVER are hungover!

Talk atcha all later.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:52 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Happy Monday, everyone!

I had a most excellent weekend. The weather was absolutely perfect, and we had a really nice time. It was very nice to get away. There's no TV or internet there - and not much of a cell phone signal. It's really in the boonies. So quiet. I spent a good amount of time just sitting on the porch, listening to the birds and watching the hummingbirds at the feeder. One of them was a bit annoyed at my presence and dive bombed me a couple of times. It was funny. We tubed down the river Saturday afternoon - sublime. Two hours of not being able to do a single thing but relax and enjoy.

My son's performance on Friday afternoon at the end of Rock Band Camp was great. He went to the same camp last year and I can really see how far he has come in this year. He told me the music they played was easy for him, guitar-wise. The singing was harder for him - he sang lead on "Every Breath You Take" by the Police. It was a tiny bit out of his range but he did a great job anyway. He kind of blows me away when I see him up there performing.

And right now, my car is at the shop, where they are removing the last pesky reminder of my last DUI - the interlock device is coming out at last. It's been in since a couple of weeks after the incident - December 4, 2014. It's been a nuisance, but part of what I had to do to pay my dues for being an idiot and drinking and driving. The last time I had one of these devices and had it removed, it didn't take me too long to start taking chances drinking and driving again. Not this time. I am grateful every day that I am free from alcohol and the damage it caused in my life. FREEDOM!!!!

Last edited by MLD51; 07-31-2017 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 07-31-2017, 08:55 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thank you BixBees!

It sounds like you are doing well Susiegirl, at least with some sobriety behind you can think about getting out of the rut instead of just making it deeper.

MLD your weekend sounded wonderful and well done to your son. That is great news about the interlocking device, it must be annoying even though you know you are sober.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I was unlucky enough to bump into a neighbour who, although nice enough, NEVER stops talking. 50 minutes of my life I will never get back.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

LOL, Sao. I have a co-worker that admits he never knows when to stop talking when he's leaving a voice message. I've heard him sometimes go on and on, I'm sure he's missed the beep and is just talking to dead air.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi everyone...went out for drive thru junk for dinner, including ice cream. No regrets. Heading for bed now. See you all tomorrow.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
LOL, Sao. I have a co-worker that admits he never knows when to stop talking when he's leaving a voice message. I've heard him sometimes go on and on, I'm sure he's missed the beep and is just talking to dead air.
Oh no...this is me sometimes! Then I realize and press the buttons to erase and re-record. As a result a lot of my (second try) messages to people sound like I'm annoyed. And I am, but with myself!
Old 07-31-2017, 10:43 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning gang, Happy Sober August.

The big stores will have their Christmas ads running any day now
Old 08-01-2017, 12:13 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Morning Saou and everyone.
I had a lovely day yesterday spending time with a couple of my juniour P's. We went for a pub lunch..... jeepers AV came too! One of my juniour P' s called me a hypercondriact.... that really hurt. I must go on more than I realise about my health issues (all of which have been diagnosed by my gp) point to self..... shut up. Then we spent a while pottering around the shops.
Then home. Mr P' s worrying about something..... tried to talk/listen to him.... Will Try again tonight.... sorry for the ramble but no one in the real world to talk to really.
Hugs xx
Old 08-01-2017, 02:38 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Had an odd experience this morning, I woke up certain I had left the garden hose trickling onto our new tree all night. Wife tells me no, it was brought it, she looked out the window last night to be sure. So I had this black spot in my memory, like I'd been drinking and lost time. I searched my memory of last nights events and doubted myself. Finally I went out (in my PJ's no less) and sure enough, there it was. Still running. OK, so bad on me for forgetting it last night but good on me that I can trust my memory (A little more).
Old 08-01-2017, 02:42 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

First Monday in August is a Canadian statutory / civic holiday depending on which province one lives in. In Manitoba, it's Terry Fox day.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:13 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thanks Dragon and Bix

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Purps, you'll be one of the few still dancing in an upright position by the end of the night. Who's your favorite rock star?
The drummer for Godsmack ~ he plays just like Animal from the Muppets ~ he is my hero! He and the guitarist started a blues/rock band called "Apocalypse Blues Revue" and they're playing just a couple hours away from here this weekend. It's way toned down compared to Godsmack, but he just walks into a room and all your troubles disappear.....the sweetest guy you'll ever meet!
Old 08-01-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I was unlucky enough to bump into a neighbour who, although nice enough, NEVER stops talking. 50 minutes of my life I will never get back.
UGH, I know that person.....the reason I no longer answer my phone!
Old 08-01-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good morning, fine citizens of SRlandia. I am packing up this morning to hit the road. Going to be with bereaved family again. Loss and the struggle for meaning is rampant in the Bixbee clan.

I am feeling well in every way. But I know I need to stay very close to SR.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
saoutchik

An old Shakespearean theatre (called the Curtain Theatre) was discovered in 2012 about half a mile from me. It was discovered when they began consruction on an offices/apartments/retail complex which inevitably is now called.The Stage. It looks like they will be getting a 24/7 booze licence. Another one

Sometimes it feels like a losing battle, I accept people should be able to go out at anytime at weekends but weekdays too?

At least the old theatre is being preserved. Ironic too that Bill Shakespeare lived in Shoreditch which is only a couple of miles from a place called Stratford (as opposed to Statford on Avon)
Old 08-01-2017, 12:43 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Can't believe its Tuesday already and its nearly time for a new thread. Hasn't the past week gone quick? Hope I find the coming weekend as manageable as this one. X