Notices

Summer Hols time but it's Old Skool Weekenders 28-30th July *

Old 07-29-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys.

Biz, be sure to tell us how you liked The Big Sick. That one that caught my eye, too.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good for you, Gilmer! Who does that smarty pants professor think he is, anyway!?!
Old 07-29-2017, 08:03 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Gilmer, I liked The Big Sick a lot! It was laugh-out-loud several places, sweet throughout. Good acting. Good writing. I probably give anything autobiographical a positive bias.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:22 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, grey outside this morning, again sigh.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:48 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good morning and thanks for the welcomes! The Big Sick is on my list of things I want to do in August so thanks for the review bixbees! I am still finding my way around and not awfully sure about forum etiquette so please bear with me. Up early on a Sunday morning, already had some lovely fresh coffee and looking forward to the day ahead (with a clear head!). Have a lovely Sunday everyone
Old 07-29-2017, 11:44 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Morning guys, thanks for the get well wishes. Feeling much better today.... having a lazy weekend and listening to my body. Loud AV last night.... Mr P was out fishing and out of the blue his bottle of whiskey was calling to me.... the whole"No one will ever know.... blah blah blah.. ..speil"
So I talked out loud to myself... and made a choccy brownie..... ate it till I felt sick. Will worry about the sugar intake another day!
Hugs to all xx
Old 07-30-2017, 01:25 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I'm glad you fought off the urge, Petals.

Glad to see you, Lily!

You too, Susie!

And where are you, Brenda? Are you OK?
Old 07-30-2017, 02:11 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good morning - sitting on the bed with a cup of coffee catching up on the thread. Can't believe its the last day of the weekend - its gone so quick and I haven't really done much so you would think it would drag. We have a little bit of sunshine this morning in Wales (not going to last long looking at the forecast) so I'm going to get out of bed and go for a little run to have some fresh air. Day 8 for me - will check in with you all this evening X
Old 07-30-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good Morning Folks! Sitting here with my coffee....weather forecast projecting a sunny, Sober Sunday!
Old 07-30-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I must be a sound sleeper. A couple of neighbours have mentioned a downpour last night using terms like "monsoon" and "stair rods" but I never heard a thing.

There is a big cycle race taking place on the west side of town, as there was yesterday. We will not see it in east London as such things rarely venture east.

Old 07-30-2017, 06:43 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning everyone, Hi lilymaz, welcome to SR.

The vendor tent turnout at boardwalk days was rather disappointing this year. I even had some cash in my pocket I was willing to spend. Oh well. Rode the ferris wheel and stayed up late enough to see the fireworks.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good morning! I've been up a couple of hours, drinking coffee and researching my diagnosis. And watering. So dry here. But it is only 70F right now...VERY rare here to be so cool at 9am going into August. Lovely break from heat.

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
And where are you, Brenda? Are you OK?
Wondering the same! Was last week BC's "last week" before getting a well-deserved break from school? Or is that this coming week?

BC...??
Old 07-30-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post

Wondering the same! Was last week BC's "last week" before getting a well-deserved break from school? Or is that this coming week?

BC...??
It is this week including today I believe Bix.

Busy bit of local brick wall.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170730_194601.jpg (62.9 KB, 27 views)
Old 07-30-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

My Grandy passed away two years ago yesterday. Where does the time go? I miss her still and I wish she was still here to see that I am doing better, now I have got a kind of an ok job and I hope she would finally be proud of me.

I spent today with my family. Yesterday I got the bus from town. I was in a very reflective mood and I half hoped no one would sit beside me as I was in no mood for chit chat. Unfortunately some one did and he started to chat. He asked some questions about where I work? I told him at the hospital. Whenever I say that to someone new the next question always is "oh a nurse are you?" No one has ever asked me if I am a doctor.

Anyway truthfully he made me a bit uncomfortable. He gave me a "gift" of a key ring/beer bottle opener he had in his pocket. He asked loads of things about where I was headed and my family (my stop was well before his) and then he leaned over and said "why don't you come to Castlebar with me for the night?" He was at least twice my age and I get that people can be lonely and need to chat to someone but I didn't want this attention. I was so relieved to get off that bus when it pulled up. If I ever needed an incentive to finally sit the driving test then this is it.

I down loaded an app to my phone about anxiety and stuff. You have to answer different questions and it gives you tasks to do to help with anxiety etc. Unfortunately I had set the notifications and I did not realise that it asks questions randomly every few hours. So I was on another site reading a thread called "Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?" and some of those stories are freaking scary when all of a sudden my phone flashes with "How are you feeling now Tetra?" My heart rate has finally returned to normal.

This coming week is Race Week in Galway - Ireland's largest horse racing festival. Just...ugh. Traffic will be mental (at least I walk to work) and town will be crazy this week and best avoided. I can't wait for the week to be over.

Only two more weeks with the wrist splint I hope!!
Old 07-30-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Weekend has finished for me and I've made it. In bed now with a mug of hot chocolate. I haven't been tempted much this weekend and found it quite easy. I am in no doubt though that I will find it very hard at times but I know where to come when these times arise - Day 9 tomorrow - Good night all X
Old 07-30-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Made it to Goat Yoga today! As suspected I didn't get much exercise, but it was a lot of fun!

Old 07-30-2017, 06:21 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
... and researching my diagnosis...
Sorry for asking Bix, sounds like I missed something... what diagnosis?
Old 07-30-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Have a great start to the week, everyone!
Old 07-30-2017, 07:59 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

STDragron...you didn't miss anything, I haven't said much. I don't really wanna talk about it though. Not deadly, will become disabling. (Most likely.) Unfortunately, I let it freak me out (aided by some other stressors).

Getting my mind right again. THAT I do want to talk about! I intend to make some changes that will optimize my health and happiness between now and the inevitable. As people rightly pointed out to me...we all only have today. I may or may not live long enough to experience the worst of it. And if I do, I'll deal with it then.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I hope you all had as good a weekend as did I. Started out rough for me, and SR lifted me up--again! I am thankful.

Good night all!