SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Summer Hols time but it's Old Skool Weekenders 28-30th July * (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/413397-summer-hols-time-but-its-old-skool-weekenders-28-30th-july.html)

saoutchik 07-27-2017 02:58 AM

Summer Hols time but it's Old Skool Weekenders 28-30th July *

* with apologies to anyone in the southern hemisphere although I guess that for some of the hotter areas midwinter is also the best time to get outside.

Let me begin by saying I am feeling a lot better than I have been over the last couple of days which have been given over to regrets about all the years I wasted on alcohol and I would like to extend my thanks for all the support you have given me.

A big (YUGE!) bonus from quitting drinks/drugs is that you get your weekends back. As an adolescent and as a young man the weekend always seemed full of promise and potential along with the pleasure of not having all my time accounted for.

Of course as adults we now have duties and responsibilities that consume some of this time although in truth I personally do not have that many lol!

We still have time to pursue things that are of interest to us. So much better than the alcohol years which would find me at all points along the spectrum of hungover to blacked out between Friday evening and Monday morning and beyond. I have very few memories of any of those weekends and even fewer good ones.

I hope this will resonate with some of you as the countdown to this weekend begins. Have a grrreat weekend!

lunar 07-27-2017 02:58 AM

shotgun

Thanks Sao

Hope you're feeling better today; I can totally relate.

https://i.imgur.com/RR80SD4.gif

saoutchik 07-27-2017 03:01 AM

Wow! That was super quick Lunar. You are the Usain Bolt of Weekenders.

Cool gif too!

lunar 07-27-2017 03:07 AM

It's a simple matter of earth curvature divided by the cosine squared,
of the current ionospheric factor.
On Thursdays; that is.

WallaceFunk 07-27-2017 04:15 AM

Hope everyone has a great weekend. It is so great to know that at the end of it you will remember what you have done with it. Best to all.

Nonsensical 07-27-2017 04:36 AM

in!

STDragon 07-27-2017 04:37 AM

This weekend is the annual Winnipeg Beach 'Board Walk Days' celebration. We've been here every year with the kids for the past 20 years. Both my adult children still want to come out this weekend (I'll be heading back to the city on Friday to pick them up). This will probably be my first ever sober Board Walk Days weekend.

Susiegirl 07-27-2017 05:06 AM

I'm in for the weekend too. Got no plans as of yet so I'd better get planning X

saoutchik 07-27-2017 05:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by lunar (Post 6552130)
It's a simple matter of earth curvature divided by the cosine squared,
of the current ionospheric factor.
On Thursdays; that is.

Ah yes, good old Planck's Constant:lmao

The original Kilogram, cast in 1889, is kept under lock and key in Paris might be replaced after 2020 as it has gained weight (a few micrograms). Cool object, it is made out of Platinum-Irridium.

saoutchik 07-27-2017 05:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a repro of it. Is is only an inch and a half tall (<4cms) so very dense.

In real life no one is allowed to touch it.

biminiblue 07-27-2017 06:11 AM

Ok. How did it gain weight?

In.

BixBees505 07-27-2017 06:18 AM

It ate too many electron chips.

BixBees505 07-27-2017 06:21 AM

I'm in for the weekend. My plans are to somehow finish my workweek in an acceptable fashion, then go to another state for family assistance/business. I will be over there all weekend and next week. I'd thought I would travel today, but work is NOT gliding in for a soft landing, and with this and that, I think I must stay put another day or two. Will go Saturday at latest.

CreativeThinker 07-27-2017 06:56 AM

Count me in!

Gilmer 07-27-2017 07:03 AM

I'm in, too.

And count me in, also, among those who want to know how the kilogram gained weight!

Have a great time on the Boardwalk, Dragon!

MLD51 07-27-2017 07:18 AM

I'm in!
Taking tomorrow off from work in order to see the big jam at the end of my son's Rock Band Camp, where he has been since Sunday. His dad (my ex) will meet us there (hour and a half north of here) and bring him back home, so that I can proceed further north to meet my friend at his cabin. Saturday we will mow the grass, do some other puttering, and possibly tube down the river, weather permitting. Should be a nice time. The cabin is my happy place, so I'm excited. I don't get to go up there that often.

BixBees505 07-27-2017 07:46 AM

Have a great weekend in your happy place, MLD! Sounds really nice.

OOO-- and the big jam with your talented son! So cool. Enjoy!! Know you will!!

Upward2Enlightenment 07-27-2017 09:19 AM

Hola weekenders.

saoutchik 07-27-2017 09:50 AM

Hi biminiblue great to see you.

I am not sure why the kilo thingy is gaining weight, not least because some articles say it is losing mass. I suspect it is lazy or poor reporting.

BrendaChenowyth 07-27-2017 12:45 PM

So happy I am on my time til Saturday morning.

Then one more week before I am FREE FREE FREE for a month..