Notices

Summer Hols time but it's Old Skool Weekenders 28-30th July *

Old 07-28-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good going Susiegirl.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Workday officially over, but that just means I continue to unofficially work on everything I could not get finished during the day.

I am craving like nobody's business. This is such a !!!
Old 07-28-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Morning troopers,

Tetra, it might be worth accepting that lift as you can sometimes pick up some useful information and/or build an improved rapport even for a short lift, it gives him a little snapshot of your life and so he will think of you more of a person rather than someone who does the administration.

Yeah it was only after I walked away that I realised "damn, I should have said yes". I would have liked to chat to him on a one-to-one basis away from the hospital for a few minutes. Plus I would have gotten a lift in the amazing car I'm told he has. I know nothing about cars but I am told it is top of the range.

Still. The fact that I even considered it is still awesome considering how things used to be. A few years ago I was stuck in my parents attic and crippled by social anxiety, too afraid to even get the bus to town. Now I'm turning down lifts in consultants fancy cars. My mother was giving out one day about something or other (I don't remember what). My father turned and pointed his fork at me and said "but miracles do exist. We have our own miracle and proof of it sitting right here". And each night I look at myself in the mirror and think "you have come a long way kiddo".
Old 07-28-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Tetra- I am glad you realize you have came a long way! That is a great feeling.

Susiegirl- congratulations on one week!! I am sure you are feeling a lot better. Keep going!!

BIxbees- it sounds like you have been really busy. I hope you get some downtime soon.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:52 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning Weekenders, did everyone make it through Friday okay?
Old 07-29-2017, 12:40 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Morning, Sao)

I made it through Friday night ok, thought struggled with another bout of depression.

It's hot here, about 28C. And I still have no fridge.

On a brighter side I got my first paycheck at my new job, and yesterday I paid off the fee to the lawyers who handle my issues with banks, so from now on all the expenses are covered.

Have a great weekend, everyone)
Old 07-29-2017, 02:47 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Morning Enders.....thought I should join you as I've fallen off the wagon (a month ago). Trying to claw my way back to sobriety....so many recent Day 1's. Not proud
Old 07-29-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning MidnightBlue, that must be a weight off of your shoulders. Hopefully next month you can get your fridge. 2nd hand is often good value.

Welcome to Weekenders Simplicity! The main thing is that you still want to quit. Try not to dwell on the disappointment of slipping Simplicity, we have all done it. The important thing is that you are sober now.

Dragon, I meant to ask yesterday, how is metrication going in Canada? Here in the UK it has stalled for decades.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your first paycheck, MB! Congratulations also on paying off the lawyers!

How do you like the new job?
Old 07-29-2017, 05:34 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good morning. I'm still here.
MidnightBlue, glad for you!!
Old 07-29-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

The metric conversion took place in the late 70's (during the 'other' Trudeau government.). Tho we still measure lot's of thing in imperial such as cooking measurements, lengths of wood and our cars still have Kilometers and Miles on the speedometer.
According to Wiki the Metrification commission was abolished in 1984 and that's why things have stalled.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning everyone.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:48 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you BixBees

Talking of metrification it is 4.48pm in July and 18C or 64F which is disappointing however it is expressed.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thankful for this thread as always!
Old 07-29-2017, 02:34 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hello lovelies, I joined the site yesterday and am enjoying a sober weekend here in the UK. 10 30 pm on a Saturday night and I am off to bed sober and feeling content. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

My pastor asked me to proofread and critique his seminary paper for grammar and style improvements this morning. His professor gave him a C just on mechanics--he didn't even consider the content!

I was able to offer lots of input that my pastor found useful, and I managed to explain changes in a way that will help him to incorporate them for himself next time.

I felt very complimented that he thought highly enough of my writing to ask.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:42 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

In bed on Saturday night on Day 7. Feeling a little low tonight as I'm missing my daughter (she is not speaking to me after catching me with a glass of wine). I haven't been tempted to drink but I'm just feeling empty - trying to concentrate on getting stronger but moments like this take over sometimes. When I eventually get to sleep - I hope I wake up on Day 8 feeling more positive X
Old 07-29-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Lilymaz...welcome! Looking forward to hearing your voice here, too.

Gilmer...that was a honor. Your intelligence and ability would have been obvious to your pastor, but he trusted you with a weakness of his own...THAT is where you see what he thinks of your character, imho.

Susiegirl, I have resorted to very early bedtimes to put a safe cap on my sober day. I hope you feel better after a night of rest. Your daughter will get over it as she sees you stay true. Do stay true...and know we support you and we know how it is.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I'm signing out for now. Going out to a movie (The Big Sick). It will be good to escape into The Big Screen for a bit!!

See you later.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders lilymaz glad you posted.

Hey Gilmer that is great but not surprising at all as you are always generous and kind (and your grammer is excellent)

Congratulations on 7 days Susiegirl, hopefully she will stop being cross with you sooner rather than later. The non addicted always think "why doesn't he/she just not drink?" It is how I thought once, a long time ago.

Bedtime for me too. If anyone is struggling please, please post either here or more likely on the main newcomers thread before you pick up or use. I have seen it help several people from picking up.