Thank you and back atchya Purps!
Old 06-18-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

(((Argillaceous)))

I'm so sorry.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:23 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Everyone wanted me to choose a movie to watch. So we started browsing thru Netflix. Surprising how many movies we apparently watched that I don't remember.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about your cat, too, LB.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:50 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Nice Pic lunar. I think summer is over, it's been fall weekend weather here.

My work project was flop. First I get in to discover that finance was having and all day pow wow and needed another hour. If I had announced that system maintenance was scheduled, I could have kicked them out.

Prep time took me an hour and then on the first move, I immediately ran into problems. Everything I did to end run it also had road blocks. So I brought everything back to normal and wrote an e-mail to support. We'll deal with it during the week and modify the plan for next week end.

Everything go OK for you Bix?
OH man...sorry about your work project, STDragon! I hate, truly HATE, when that happens. Mine went smoothly and....you won't believe it...AHEAD of schedule!!! Of course I am not personally responsible for any of this goodness. The people who work "for" me made it happen. I am a tolerated figurehead, generally, who must only notice when something is going off plan and escalate communication and apply pressure in the form of "why?" "when?" "how much?" My heartfelt gratitude to those who could so easily call my bluff but who are too professional to consider it. They know that what I do is my job...and they don't want my job.

I am sorry I didn't get to check in at intervals. Work took what it took, and then I ended up doing most of the driving, and the day just flew.

I have not caught up with the thread yet...looking forward to hearing how everyone did/spent the weekend.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:00 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Caught up, mostly. Too tired to respond much tonight. Have rolled into next town, hitting the sack and will start again.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:26 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Still in Hawaii for work. This is the third week, and I'll actually be happy to leave on Thursday. Anyplace can get stale after three weeks. I have meetings in LA on Friday, then back home to Arizona Friday night. On the other hand, the forecast for Phoenix on Tuesday is 121F/44C, so maybe I should just enjoy where I am for now.

On another note, this long business trip in a tourist town, half an ocean away, with a fairly generous per diem, nobody to talk to, and long stretches of time to fill, would have absolutely been an alcohol-fueled dumpster fire for me two years ago. Instead, I haven't really thought about drinking at all, despite booze flowing freely elsewhere in my hotel and the surrounding environs. Some of my coworkers were taking a "booze cruise" over the weekend and invited me along....no sale. I've really gained confidence in my recovery, but I did hit a couple of local AA meetings (though I'm not active in the program) and I feel it's important to stay close to SR as I do have a healthy fear of becoming complacent.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:56 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Sao, sending a big hug your way. Although family can bring us to the point you are at they're still family and that still makes it tough.

Thanks all for the kind words about Waffles.

Way too quiet in this house. Too quiet when I walk in the door to the absence of my welcoming committee. Too quiet coming down the stairs this morning to no one waiting to be fed.

It's going to be rough for a while.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Sao...I'm sorry for your losses, not just your mum's death but the losses that evidently preceded it. You doing ok?
Old 06-19-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Missing my kids - had to drop them off to their dad yesterday morning and they will be with him for the rest of the week. Ended up being lazy yesterday and watched way too many episodes of prison break! Guess that is allowed once in a while!

Happy Monday, everyone!

-J
Old 06-19-2017, 09:09 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
Sao...I'm sorry for your losses, not just your mum's death but the losses that evidently preceded it. You doing ok?
Thanks Bix, I am doing fine, I have this week off but one of my customers has placed a fair sized order and my boss has been in touch a few times for some clarifications. Its a good thing because I will get commission - during the summer business is usually very slack - but a bit of a nuisance having to spend a bit of leave time in it but its done now.

I gave my youngest daughter my hotel room for the Le Mans 24hrs motor race who fittingly managed to get a speeding fine on the drive home

Sorry about your work project Dragon, it sounded discouraging.

I hope everone got through the weekend OK.

Last edited by saoutchik; 06-19-2017 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Fat fingers
Old 06-19-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Perfect poetic "justice" of some sort at work for your daughter there, Sao!

I had a good solid weekend. It was great to see something different. I've been in a long deep rut, really, and simply different scenery was relaxing in a way.

I'm working a few meetings today, but back to regular workdays tomorrow.

I've missed this thread and SR. I think I'll get back to hanging out here again, now that my thoroughly disheveled schedule is getting back to normal.

(I certainly can use the sober support. My sober hinges feel a little creaky. Need the lubrication of talking about it often and openly.).
Old 06-19-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

P.S. Losing beloved furry animal friends. SO hard. It hits a soft underbelly on us - undefended territory. My sympathies and empathies are with you going through it of late.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

sorry double post!
Old 06-19-2017, 03:17 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I am sorry about your mother Sao. I know you were not close but I am sorry all the same.

I gave my dad a card and some small gifts yesterday. I am not on a huge salary by any means but I wanted him to know that he is a much loved father. When I said so my mother said "you are also a much loved husband". No matter how much grief she gives me at least I know that they will have each other. My parents read the card and my mother started crying. My father said "thank you darling. I don't deserve such compliments nor do I deserve gifts for just doing my job". I presume by 'job' he meant being such a great dad. And I do think the world of him.

I hope everyone is doing ok. I'm on bed management this week which makes my job harder.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm glad your dad was touched by his card and prezzie Tetra. I got a card from my eldest daughter and the younger one has bought me back a large wheel of camembert which I am rather partial to.

Good timing I must say - camembert is becoming extinct.

Last edited by saoutchik; 06-19-2017 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Cheese update
Old 06-19-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

mmmmmm cheese...
Old 06-19-2017, 05:27 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Cheese whiz
Old 06-19-2017, 09:19 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Camembert is going extinct? WHAT??? Have we burned down its habitat? This must stop! Let's organize!! Who is with...Sao????
Old 06-19-2017, 09:28 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Julia8, that must be hard. A week feels like a long time to be away from kids. How are you doing? Is there any way to make use of these weeks away to have a special meaning for you? Some way to add back in some missing value? I'm sure I'm way off the mark...but maybe extra time with a friend you never see, or a spa day with your own mother or a sister? I don't know...something that would build you up.