Old 06-19-2017, 12:26 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
DesertDawg

Still in Hawaii for work. This is the third week, and I'll actually be happy to leave on Thursday. Anyplace can get stale after three weeks. I have meetings in LA on Friday, then back home to Arizona Friday night. On the other hand, the forecast for Phoenix on Tuesday is 121F/44C, so maybe I should just enjoy where I am for now.

On another note, this long business trip in a tourist town, half an ocean away, with a fairly generous per diem, nobody to talk to, and long stretches of time to fill, would have absolutely been an alcohol-fueled dumpster fire for me two years ago. Instead, I haven't really thought about drinking at all, despite booze flowing freely elsewhere in my hotel and the surrounding environs. Some of my coworkers were taking a "booze cruise" over the weekend and invited me along....no sale. I've really gained confidence in my recovery, but I did hit a couple of local AA meetings (though I'm not active in the program) and I feel it's important to stay close to SR as I do have a healthy fear of becoming complacent.