Notices

Make June 2017 a turning point Weekender 2nd - 4th June

Old 06-07-2017, 09:59 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
saoutchik

My oldest is 28 Gilmer so I know how you feel.

petals, Julia I take my hat off to both of you (as well as Gilmer of course) as I only have two (both girls) and they always had an answer for anything. Fortunately their mum was competent.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:07 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

I definitely feel that girls are a lot tougher to raise than boys. Girls play a lot more head games!
Old 06-07-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Oh my ever loving God.... we had a code blue on delivery.... that was crazy intense!

Way to make an entrance, child, you scared the living daylights out of your parents and numerous doctors and nurses.

I'm still in disbelief that I witnessed that. Wild.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Wow! I hope the baby's OK!

Unusual to have experience like that packed into your week!
Old 06-07-2017, 12:04 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

She's good. Pink and exhausted, sleeping it off.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm relieved the baby was OK Brenda.

If someone gives birth in a store or car park or something you will be on hand to oversee things
Old 06-07-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

When I was about 12, in school we had to watch video of a birth in what I believe was called "Family Life Education" or something, where they taught the 'birds and bees' to the kids whose parents hadn't yet taught them. I recall there was a permission slip involved, even in relatively progressive (by US standards) southern California. Anyway, I remember coming close to vomiting at the time. It's a measure of my lack of a certain type of maturity that, at 44, I'm hoping to never see that again, on video or otherwise.

A close friend of mine is a neonatologist. He is supposed to be present for all the births that take place at the hospital while he is on duty and not otherwise occupied. He has told me some horror stories.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

I know it's the "beautiful miracle of life" and all that--but I gotta tell ya, I watched both my daughters give birth, and it was pretty frickin' grotesque!
Old 06-07-2017, 02:49 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Kudos to you guys! I'm good with being an aunt. I've assisted with the births of puppies before, but that where I draw the line!
Old 06-07-2017, 02:59 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Night all x
Old 06-07-2017, 03:24 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Kudos to you guys! I'm good with being an aunt. I've assisted with the births of puppies before, but that where I draw the line!
I guess it's pretty much the same.

We had the same sort of film as DesertDawg at my school, ours was called "to Janet, a son" Ther was a lot of gripping of chairs and shallow breathing once it got down to the business end.

I suppose one day we all be algorithms on a çomputer and there will be no need for all that sort of thing.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:12 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I'm relieved the baby was OK Brenda.

If someone gives birth in a store or car park or something you will be on hand to oversee things
Nope. Good Samaritan Laws do not apply lol I'm running in the opposite direction.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
When I was about 12, in school we had to watch video of a birth in what I believe was called "Family Life Education" or something, where they taught the 'birds and bees' to the kids whose parents hadn't yet taught them. I recall there was a permission slip involved, even in relatively progressive (by US standards) southern California. Anyway, I remember coming close to vomiting at the time. It's a measure of my lack of a certain type of maturity that, at 44, I'm hoping to never see that again, on video or otherwise.

A close friend of mine is a neonatologist. He is supposed to be present for all the births that take place at the hospital while he is on duty and not otherwise occupied. He has told me some horror stories.
A third year resident happened to be in the room to assist as needed. He handled it like a pro, though he was shaking like a leaf. He let out a loud "Holy F..." in the nursery without realizing FOB was behind him! haaaa I would have, too.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:02 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

My boy is 20 and daughter is 18. He doesn't know what he wants to do with his life, he's been out all evening putting in applications at the mall.