# 61 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Had sober friday now working on sober saturday x

Good to hear from everyone x
Old 06-03-2017, 04:20 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Luv your avatar Erratic.

Got up this morning and put the canoe away. last night thunderstorm was not even half as bad as expected.
Old 06-03-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders

I'm in.
Thanks again Sao for sharing that. Reading everyones reflecting on their first day in this journey is a great way to start the weekend. Thank you all. Great opening Sao.

My first sober day was New years day this year. I got up in a wretched state, tried to remember my old password and joined the January 17 class. Since then I have been privileged to read other classmates thoughts and struggles and share my own as we slowly reclaim our lives back. Best idea of my life.

The last days ( & years) before New Year are so full of regret and terrible situations I can't begin to relive them. Pulling an IV out of my arm and walking out of hospital (A+E) in blood soaked clothes, frantically getting a taxi home to begin drinking again, is pretty high on the list.

Either way, we are here now. I feel fortunate to be a weekender ! Have a happy, sober and healthy weekend all.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:10 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It is less muggy than yesterday but still pretty humid. There are hundreds of people outside pubs and bars drinking, as ever I had a brief twinge of jealousy of "normies" but fortunately no desire whatsoever to join them.

I have some leave coming up soon so I have been doing some home improvements, namely replacing my old wooden skirting boards. Modern designs look much more interesting.

Last edited by saoutchik; 06-03-2017 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-03-2017, 10:55 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Beautiful day.. to be stuck indoors at work.. sick of studying.. here til 9:30..

Let's go Pens!
Old 06-03-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
Beautiful day.. to be stuck indoors at work.. sick of studying.. here til 9:30..

Let's go Pens!
What are you studying for BC?
Old 06-03-2017, 12:13 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hockey? In these temperatures?
Old 06-03-2017, 12:26 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Nursing.. care of pediatric diseases..

Yes, Gilmer, it's the Stanley Cup final! Game 3 in a best of 7... almost done!
Old 06-03-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

OMG! Shut my mouth!

Definitely go Pens!
Old 06-03-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Betime for this bonzo.

Once again I am going to bed as some sort of incident is taking place. I hope it is not terrorist related but I fear it will be.

Take care everyone.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:33 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I am very stressed out but I hope everybody is having a nice weekend.
I took a few days off last week because I was genuinely feeling ill. I feel very run down and I have developed this unsightly, huge 'cold sore' type thing at the side of my mouth. I don't actually know what it is. I forsee a trip to my GP on the cards after the bank holiday weekend.

One of the women in my office was off for 2 months as she twisted/sprained her wrist or something. She is now very backlogged with her typing. She asked our manager for help with the typing. Our manager arrived into the office on Thursday and informed us that there is no help for anyone as a lot of secretaries are leaving/maternity leave/parental leave/on indefinite leave so there is no help. Then she casually said "Tetra can do overtime if she likes to help out!" Then without a pause she said "oh Tetra you HAVE to take some holidays as there will be an audit coming up". I told her I took 3 days off last week and she said that was fine.

So typical. In one breath telling me to do overtime and in the next asking me to take holidays. Then she said "I have heard from some people in the basement who work in sort and file (sorting patients charts) that some people in this office are not filing back letters. I won't name names but you know who you are". That would be me then. I have no time to go to the basement between typing, organising theatre lists and all the other stuff I have to do. I haven't filed a letter since I arrived there really. I have no time especially if I have to spend my afternoon answering all the phones and typing medical legal reports. I would say my consultant gets about 3 solicitors letters a week. I have 2 to do on Tuesday when I get back after the bank holiday and it's all blah blah "X came to the ED on whatever date with a fractured nose after an alleged head butt" blah blah."

I should just move in there with a sleeping bag. I figure if I could do 1 or 2 hours over 3 evenings a week that would clear a lot of my back filing. If I sound stressed it is because I am.

Still if that many secretaries are leaving it would appear that my job is safe... for now.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:42 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for everyone in London.

D
Old 06-03-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Oh dear.
I will have two candles lighting tonight.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I'm praying, too.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:24 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Looked at erratic's avatar and thought "I didn't choose the pug life. The pug life chose me." LoL

Sad what is going on in the world...
Old 06-03-2017, 04:58 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I just saw an article online about London......why does this crap keep happening?!?!?

Stay safe, Sao

Old 06-03-2017, 07:16 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Pulling for Nashville, their first time in the Stanley Cup final and they had the lowest points going into the playoffs.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:00 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning, I hope everyone successfully negotiated Saturday night.

Grim having to wake up to senseless killings, my heart goes out to friends and families of the deceased.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Prayers to London. Xx
Old 06-04-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Awful dream last night.... I dreamt I took loads of pills and whiskey 😐 soo much detail.... even in as far as throwing wrappers and packets away in a public bin so as noone would know what I had taken.
Been feeling really down lately.... just scares me that it's even on my subconscious level. Xx