Notices

Don't throw away your money Weekender 5-7 May

Old 05-05-2017, 09:41 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Do your best

It's Sober Friday Night again gosh i love these sober nights it used to be manic & chaotic in addiction i love relaxing doing whatever now rather than being wasted

After 12 days of fasting for 20h & being on a Ketogenic diet for gosh knows how long now we're having a cheat night - Fish fingers, scampi & chicken dippers for dinner followed by Ben n Jerry's & Hagan Das & we have a couple chocolates

it's only 1 night & I'm hyped about having scampi can't remember the last time i had it can't wait
Old 05-05-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

lol, SW. That 20:4 fasting is tough. I do 16:8 just because it works for my lifestyle and the way I like to eat. I've done it for years - not strictly, just a general plan. Two big meals.

Go you. Keto is another one I am not willing to try - but I know lots of people have success with it for various reasons. It's great to find things that work, isn't it?

Scampi is now on my dinner menu for tonight. I often have shrimp on Friday, thanks for the idea! I add chopped fresh tomato and avocado to mine, too.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:22 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Yabadabbadoo! Hometime

Dubstar the first few weekends are weird because as well as the alcohol withdrawals there are also "social" withdrawals from not seeing the usual drinking buddies. This is one of the reasons why there is a Weekenders thread because quitting isn't easy on any dsy but there are other factors that make weekends especially perilous. Maybe you could go and see a film to see you through some hours. One thing for certain is that although you feel hard done by now you will feel pretty good on Saturday morning.

Great pic of Lake Mead MesaMan, If the level keeps dropping I wonder what sort of things will be uncovered, dead bodies, disposed of firearms, stolen cars etc.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Shopping done and put away. having an early lunch. Thinking about pulling weeds, yup, dandelions are already peeking out of the front grass.
I'm about to have some dandelion tea, good for detoxing the kidneys. I love herbal teas now.

Good to hear that Cloudy is helping your daughter. Animals are so healing.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:27 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Soberwolf, scampi sounds good. It is ages since I have had it.

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Scampi is now on my dinner menu for tonight. I often have shrimp on Friday, thanks for the idea! I add chopped fresh tomato and avocado to mine, too.
I have not thought of adding avocados, will have to try it. I hear thete is a shortage of them in the States (drought or something)
Old 05-05-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

It's the avocado Mafia, sao.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:48 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Do your best

I had avocado for the first time in decades recently & loved it i have it 2-3 times a week now

The scampi i got was dissapointing it was from the frozen section next time I'm going to pick up langosteins i know i haven't spelt that right, £8.50 but you get 8 i think and would make for a truly special meal what i got was 58% scampi in breadcrumbs for £3 and it wasn't how i remembered scampi but i knew it was a 50/50 but i still ate it

Had a Hagan Das salted caramel ice cream stick that was nice

The 20h fasts are purely to lose weight & have now become part of my lifestyle soon i might start doing 18h or 16h fasts as for the ketogenic diet i actually love how clean it is

But after a big clear out in the kitchen & getting everything ready for Monday we thought why not it's one night
Old 05-05-2017, 11:28 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Sao ~

Well, a Ghost Town has re-emerged, for one. I went to the fabulous Museum about it.

- St Thomas Nevada Story/Museum -
Old 05-05-2017, 11:32 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

We're gonna need a bigger bun...

(Jaws reference?)
Attached Images
Old 05-05-2017, 11:35 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
The scampi i got was dissapointing it was from the frozen section
Scampi is easy to make SW...nothing like fresh shrimp, scallop & lobster scampi...yum!

Have a great sober Friday evening all!
Old 05-05-2017, 11:43 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Ack! You guys are making me seriously hungry with all the seafood talk! I do plan on making it my second sober Cinco de Mayo in a row though! Have a good weekend all!
Old 05-05-2017, 12:01 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Oh, that's right! Today's Cinco de Mayo! I totally forgot!

Old 05-05-2017, 12:09 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
I'm about to have some dandelion tea, good for detoxing the kidneys......
I'll send you some of mine.

I had some avocado hummus this week. Really yummy.

My weeding plans suddenly changed into a nap. I did get out and tackle some of it tho.... found a big ant nest too.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:16 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Ugh. I'm in. Finally. I've been busy running all over the place with work/kids/stuff/shoe shopping that I haven't logged on.

MB I hope you feel better soon.

Glad no one is planning to celebrate Cinco De Mayo the old fashioned way with too much liquor. Really, I still don't get it except that people have adopted it as a reason to get wasted on tequila. Stupid.

I've saved some by not drinking. I still (shh, don't tell) smoke. Cigarettes are expensive. I have also started buying shoes again as a substitute for drinking. Retail therapy? Seriously, for years I bought shoes and ran them into the ground. I needed to replace them as they've fallen apart. And I am walking more and standing more for work. I've scored a couple of great pairs at a thrift store but that's always hit or miss.

Anyway. Petals, hang in there. My husband still drinks. He's an alcoholic and knows it's a bad idea to drink but keeps doing it despite numerous "I'm on day one." It's very frustrating. I'm sorry that you are dealing with it too.

Back to work. I'm leaving early. Daughter has a doctor's appointment and then Father/Daughter dance this evening. I'm taking my son to a video game arcade and meeting my brother and nephew who is also 11. I'm sure that my brother and I will also play a few rounds of shoot 'em up electronic games since we're both rather immature at times.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:26 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Upstairs!

Mesa that was interesting about St Thomas (and a little bit spooky). If anyone finds any gold or diamonds then they are legally mine as I dropped them by accident in a previous life.

Loving the food talk, I never thought to make scampi myself but it is logical. I am a bit of a chip (fries) and hummus fundamentalist though, straight cut chips and plain hummus.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Thanks ladyb that's a good idea . Hugs to you Ruby. Xx
Old 05-05-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hi Weasle good to see you. Xx
Old 05-05-2017, 01:09 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
lol, SW. That 20:4 fasting is tough. I do 16:8 just because it works for my lifestyle and the way I like to eat. I've done it for years - not strictly, just a general plan. Two big meals.

Go you. Keto is another one I am not willing to try - but I know lots of people have success with it for various reasons. It's great to find things that work, isn't it?

Awesome & thank you Bim x
Old 05-05-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks guys by the way glad to know there's people who like seafood & fish & Chips & plain hummus

Hello to everyone hugs to anyone who needs them

Happy Cinco de mayo to anyone celebrating
Old 05-05-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Loving the food talk, I never thought to make scampi myself but it is logical. I am a bit of a chip (fries) and hummus fundamentalist though, straight cut chips and plain hummus.
SO easy Sao

garlic
EVOO
Butter
Chix bouillon
Fish
pasta
BAM!!!

There's nothing like the fish & chips in England...that and curry! Gotta hand it to all of you friends across the pond!