Don't throw away your money Weekender 5-7 May

Old 05-04-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

primantibros
I had no idea they had all these locations either
Old 05-04-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
I live in the land of french fries on sammiches and salads.

32 years living in this region, I have never had anything from a certain notorious sandwich shop.
I lived in that region when I was a youngster. I sure do miss "chipped ham" sandwiches. Had one in my lunchbox at school almost every day.
Don't try asking for "chipped ham" here in the southwest, though.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:24 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

heh. We called it chipped-chopped ham in my Western Pennsylvania summers. Served on good bakery white bread. Mmm. I already went to the store this week, thankfully. My budget is spent.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Yep. Chipped ham is a yinzer thing.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:33 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I've had a tough day at work today. I'm feeling a little bit lost and alone right now. Sometimes I just feel like I'm failing at life.
Please note that I am not drinking these days. I’m just thinking of all the things I have to do and I suppose I feel overwhelmed.

I guess I'll just finish my camomile tea and go to sleep. Perhaps things will look brighter tomorrow.

I hope you all have a peaceful and relaxing weekend.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

((Tetra)) Sweet dreams, friend.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:43 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
I've had a tough day at work today. I'm feeling a little bit lost and alone right now. Sometimes I just feel like I'm failing at life.
Please note that I am not drinking these days. I’m just thinking of all the things I have to do and I suppose I feel overwhelmed.

I guess I'll just finish my camomile tea and go to sleep. Perhaps things will look brighter tomorrow.

I hope you all have a peaceful and relaxing weekend.
You're not. You're doing fine.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

You really bring a lot of joy to us, Tetra.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

sleep well Tetra! Tomorrow is a new day.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:28 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Money is by no means the worst thing drugs or alcohol take from us but when we are drinking or drugging I doubt we are doing long term budgeting or financial planning which in turn causes us stress and stress makes us ... well you can see this is going.
As a sort of corollary to that, Sao, I wonder if my drinking would ever have gotten as bad if had started earlier.

When I was young and poor, prior to getting myself established in life, I was not a drinker at all. By the time I really started to drink heavily, I was well into my mid-30s, single, and financially stable, with no real responsibilities other than work and nobody to answer to. Living the dream, for the most part, but a disaster waiting to happen for an alcoholic. I would spend hundreds of $$ in a weekend and think nothing of it.

I sometimes wonder whether, if I had to scramble for my booze money and be careful with how I spent it, would I have gotten as bad as I did? I've concluded that it may have taken longer, but the end result would have been the same.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

In, thanks for the starter Sao!

Money indeed. I'm just glad I never have to open my eyes and drag myself out of bed to see if my debit and credit cards are still in my wallet. Who needs cash? You don't have to pay attention to how much money you're spending when you hand over a card. That is, until the bill comes.

Bad news lately. Looks like there's a possibility I may be getting laid off once again. This time there will be no severance, no vacation pay available, nothing. There's nothing I can do about it right now and worrying isn't going to help. Hoping for the best.

More in the morning, just popped in to commit myself for the weekend!

Thanks for cracking me up like you guys always do.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I will be praying that you don't get laid off, LB.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I'm in for another sober weekend -
Old 05-04-2017, 09:01 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning
Old 05-04-2017, 09:38 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

22 days... @8 bucks a day for a bottle plus $65 for a bag... damn.. I've saved 241 so far. NICE.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:15 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Do your best

That's awesome Erin

The sunrise was beautiful this morning sorry about the picture quality i was up before it & caught a reflection of it while doing weights ... so i stopped immediately rolled up the blinds and took this - Twilight, Sunrise & Sunset are really underated beautiful acts of nature i seriously adore these times of day & night

Old 05-04-2017, 10:52 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Erin8! Your avatar has been topical on this thread. Congratulations on the money saved.

LadyBlue, glad to see you. Fingers crossed you don't get laid off but at least you're not drinking over it.

DesertDawg I had a strong minded wife who made sure we both saved for a deposit and then we had children so I was in my 40s when I resumed where I left off on my mid 20s. I think I would have been worse earlier had it not been for that.

Nice pic Soberwolf, it is a beautiful morning here in London for a change.

It is Friday, plenty of time to make that decision to stay sober this weekend. I hope you will join us.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:08 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

I love giraffes.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:19 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Morning guys xx
Old 05-05-2017, 01:30 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Thank you Gilmer, I appreciate that. Sao, you're right. If this were my drinking days things would be far worse. As long as I'm not drinking the possibilities for work are endless, I just have to move my butt.

STDragon, belated Happy 21st! How are things going with Cloud?

MesaMan, good to see you! That RV is my dream. Retirement will be spent traveling in something like the picture you posted. That's not for another 10 years though.

Good Morning petals, I don't know what I would do if my husband drank. It's a saving grace that he doesn't. Can you make a list of things you can do when yours is drinking? Something you can go to when that time comes. I hope it's not often. You know you always have us here!

Well, up at 3:15 this morning for some insane reason. Nightmares last night and I'm sure it's because of the job situation.

Have a good day everyone. I believe I'm going to do some job searching today.