Notices

Don't throw away your money Weekender 5-7 May

Old 05-05-2017, 02:11 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

IN!!!

Wonderful opener Sao!!!

Hi all... been doing well for the most part. Ready for a nice relaxing rainy weekend. Heading up north to go to a fiends store about an hour away. It is one of those new age (I don't think we use that term any more) store. Get some new sage and stuff. Then lunch with a friend at my fav place in Freeport. (Home of L.L.Bean)

Hope everyone is well.

Nons!!!!!! I missed you my friend. Would love to catch up and see how things have been going for you.

OK.. off to work.

K
Old 05-05-2017, 02:33 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Have a great day, Ken!

SW, I loved your bright sunrise picture!
Old 05-05-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning everyone,

I have the day off today. Will be Driving Mrs. to work then doing the grocery shopping so we can relax tonight.

Cloud the therapy hamster is doing his job very well. My Daughter has been staying home from school, and spends most of her time in bed or in her room not doing much. But every day, she cleans the cage and plays with cloud. We are having her school work brought home each day so at least she won't be getting to far behind. We've been going out for drives nearly every evening too. We expect the meds will start taking effect soon and we are back to the doctors next week.

I am concerned about her spending so much time alone. My instinct says she should up and get out where distractions will keep her mind busy. I'm trying hard to just go with the flow, let her be and wait.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good morning, Day 2. Going to make it stick this time.

Selling a family heirloom today. Vintage car that's been in the family for 40 years. Strange looking at it that way but fortunes change and it's just stuff. Besides, going to help put a kid through college. Other reasons for the sale I but don't feel like getting into it right now.

I had a good night's sleep but have a headache at the base of my head. I'm sure it will move around by the end of the day. I was not that pickled so hopefully the headaches will go away soon.

jk
Old 05-05-2017, 04:59 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

oops, just realized i posted this to the wrong thread. apologies
Old 05-05-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders. I am in!

Thank you for the intro, Sao.

Money... don't even get me started here. Though my financial issues originated from the sense of profound unworthiness. I always felt so inadequate, so not good enough for "normal world" that I felt that I had to buy my way up to the "normal level". Drinking just worsened the situation.

I still have lots to work on in financial area of my life, but it is certainly better.

The stress I've been experiencing lately finally got it's toll on me. I ended up with bronchitis.

I think my body just gave up trying to "explain" to me that I can't go on like this. I've been in and out of cold since February. I actually don't remember when I wasn't sick. I've noticed that every time I am seriously stressed, next day I get ill.
Now I am grounded at home and on antibiotics.

I feel so tired.

And this wallpaper story isn't over yet...

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
FixltDay - If you are in for a sober weekend, you can't post in the wrong thread)
Old 05-05-2017, 06:21 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you anyway FixItDad.

You too MidnightBlue, i'm sorry to hear of your bronchitis, lets hope it doesn't stick around too long. At least your situation is a lot better than it was in times past.

I am feeling something like a cheating partner today. Whilst I am not the most fanatical soccer fan by any means (strictly armchair me) I have landed some business from my teams arch rivals. I will not be losing any sleep over it but I would have much preferred it to have been for my own club. Hey ho it is Friday afternoon here.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Nons!!!!!! I missed you my friend. Would love to catch up and see how things have been going for you.
Anytime, old friend!
Old 05-05-2017, 08:22 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I feel great today, haven't drank since Sunday. Problem is, it's a beautiful evening, I'm about to finish up at work and I'm dreading going home. Sat there alone doing absolutely nothing, and I can't shake the giddy anxiety. I am not going to drink but I'm also thinking why the hell shouldn't I? It's just too boring without it. Maybe I'm better off drinking. Anyway, good luck to all of you this weekend!
Old 05-05-2017, 08:25 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

My life is anything but boring. It is what you make it, Dubstar.

What did you enjoy as a kid? There must be some activity you've wanted to do but couldn't because you were always drinking. Boating? Fishing? Hiking? Bird watching? Photography? Learning to play the guitar? There are an infinite number of things to do that don't include alcohol. If you are lacking friends, how about a Meetup group, church, AA, a social activity like a running or biking group? Audubon walks.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:31 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
In my forever-Sober Travel Trailer Soirees around the Desert, I saw this RV for sale just South of Bullhead City Arizona. Identical to the one in Breaking Bad.

Only $5,500- OBO. So, the Owner will negotiate. Another reason to save those Shekels not spent on Booze, and get busy Livin' Large!

Blue meth making time! I just re-started watching the show.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I wonder how often an RV like that gets pulled over.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:40 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
I wonder how often an RV like that gets pulled over.
I'm guessing A LOT! Needs the bullet holes in the door and that would sell for $7500.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
My life is anything but boring. It is what you make it, Dubstar.

What did you enjoy as a kid? There must be some activity you've wanted to do but couldn't because you were always drinking. Boating? Fishing? Hiking? Bird watching? Photography? Learning to play the guitar? There are an infinite number of things to do that don't include alcohol. If you are lacking friends, how about a Meetup group, church, AA, a social activity like a running or biking group? Audubon walks.
I've not really done anything fun without alcohol, so no, nothing interests me. It's fine, i'll work it out in time.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:53 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

WEEEELLLL, DontRemember, I'm glad to be alive, and re-Tooling my Camping Experiences to not resemble Breaking Bad whatsoever. I saw this same Model of RV in a Backyard by the Car Wash in Blythe CA, and a 3rd one in good shape at the KOA Campground there, too. Lots of them about...

Besides the pleasant experience of driving at Night sans any Paranoia, and confidently towing ~7,000 lbs. of Trailer behind me, I can enjoy remote 'Boondocking' while Sober without losing my Keys, or taking a Header while Hammered off the steep Trailer Steps. Not that any such things ever happened to me...

See below my recent Soiree onto the formerly-submerged Shores of Lake Mead behind Hoover Dam @ the far North parts. I was walking around on a zillion lil Seashells from the former high Water level, and taking in fab Night Skies.

Saving Drinking Money = new high-end Camping Trailer. And, a Down Payment on The Good Life...

Old 05-05-2017, 08:57 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I know it's hard to know what activity you might like if you haven't tried any of them yet or if you haven't done them sober... because you weren't actually present and paying attention to what was going on around you other than what was in your cup.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:08 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

MB, I'm sorry you're sick, and I'm really sorry you're getting the runaround with your wallpaper!

Any news on the new job?

Dragon, you're a good dad.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hi FixItDad, stick with us, we'll help you thru the weekend. What kind of car are you selling?

Sorry to hear your feeling well MidnightBlue. Hope you bounce back quickly.

Hey dubstar, maybe just stay a work a little longer and get a few extra things done. Can you get overtime?

DontRemember, I've seen some the show, then most of season four and up to episode six of season five. Good show.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:33 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Shopping done and put away. having an early lunch. Thinking about pulling weeds, yup, dandelions are already peeking out of the front grass.