Notices

Groundhog Day Weekender 7-9 April

Old 04-10-2017, 10:53 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Enjoying a reairing of season 2 of Better Call Saul, leading up to the season 3 premiere at 10
Old 04-10-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I agree with Gilmers observations LadyBlue, your posts are often very insightful.

BC, I love the way the writers really take their time to develop the plot and characters in Better Call Saul. First rate.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I was right
Lack of sleep and too much stress led to a day of overeating 😐
Could have been worse.
Hopefully tomorrow I will get a grip.
Night guys xx
Old 04-10-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm off to bed too goodnight everyone
Old 04-10-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

I've had another extremely stressful day. Working in a hospital is a funny place. On top of everything else I get daily reminders of how lucky I am.
A patient arrived by ambulance from another hospital today. He is due for a major operation on Wednesday - a laryngectomy. I'm not too clear on what that is exactly but I can guess. He has all sorts of breathing tubes down his throat and cannot speak. Unfortunately he is an elderly man and it was only discovered after he was admitted to the ward that he is also unable to read or write and therefore cannot tell anyone what he needs or wants. When the nurse left our office this afternoon she was on her way to get some one to make up some little pictures for him and at least he can communicate that way. Aren't we very lucky to be still standing?

I came home this evening and had a proper dinner. Unfortunately after that I have been stress eating creme eggs. For those who might not know, they are chocolate eggs with a soft fondant centre. Then I decided I needed exercise so I walked the prom. It's an hour and a half from my house to the end of the prom and back. I think I had enough fresh air today.

Twice over the past few days people have told me Iook tired so I have booked a facial for Friday. I know I said no more treats but I just need a break and a pick-me-up. Roll on Thursday. At least it's a 4 day week this week and next week.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:43 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Did someone say passive aggressive notes? My house mate has a habit of leaving these around. Another reason to move. I don't do these things so it's not me.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

If you have time to write a passive aggressive note, you have time to do the thing.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

I don't know if I am the right fit for this job. My consultant often seems annoyed or something and I'm not sure if it is me or is it just in general.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Could you wait till he's in a calm mood and ask him if he's satisfied with your work.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:31 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

I suppose I could but it's never calm there. He's often moody. Perhaps I'll just struggle on until he gets back from his holiday.

And I am struggling to be honest, in a lot of ways.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:36 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

I gathered from most of your posts that 9 out of 10 days he's highly agitated--but once in awhile he's Mr. Jovial with dumb teasing.

Because he teases you sometimes, I'll bet it's not you personally.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:39 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Yeah, that's true. I know he 'flew off the handle' so to speak with someone last week and truthfully I'm wary of him. I actually prefer the days when I know he is not there. I thought it was me but my predecessor told me he was always like that
Old 04-10-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Anyway I'll probably go to sleep for now. Take care all of you.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:03 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope you had a nice sleep Tetra x

Good morning everyone
Old 04-10-2017, 10:24 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good morning everyone, recycling day here.

I hope all you Weekenders are OK, if anyone does slip up well it happens from time to time, the thing is to get back to sobriety. There is no requirement to not post here if you do slip up, in fact it is all the more reason to post, here or elsewhere.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:26 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Hi all!

I was off SR the whole of Sunday and most of Monday. I did slip up on Sunday and had a boozy night with my husband who'd just gotten back. It's like a thing we do whenever he gets back from his travels. Anyway, like I posted elsewhere, it was such a conscious decision on my part that I refuse to blame AV but I guess it was AV after all. What else could it have been? AV's cousin?

However, to stop depressing everyone with my slip up, I am back to sobriety, day 2 for me. I'm NOT getting off for any reason whatsoever!!!! God help me. I hope the rest of you are doing well. I'm still beating myself up and feeling down in the dumps but i'm sure that a few more days of sobriety under my belt will cure that.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:30 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Administrator

I did slip up on Sunday and had a boozy night with my husband who'd just gotten back. It's like a thing we do whenever he gets back from his travels.
ya gotta stop doing it, Lava.

We can make new traditions - and they're often better than the old ones

Give it a go

D
Old 04-11-2017, 03:20 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Not a laughing matter but I did get a kick out of this Lava:

What else could it have been? AV's cousin?
I think it was, and its name is Norm. We all know Norm but usually he has a word in front of his name. "THE".

Following the same pattern will deliver the same result every time.

You came back here, which is a definite must and you recognize it. Can you make a plan with your husband about doing something new the next time he comes back? Something that breaks from the norm?
Old 04-11-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Good morning everyone! Hell week 2 in action but I remind myself frequently that last year at this time I didn't have a job due to the layoff. Which allowed me more time to do things I shouldn't have been doing, which led me to the fateful day that delivered me back here. So today I'll be grateful I'm not in that same circumstance.

All you weekenders who I'm not seeing, come on back, please. Sobriety is like learning to ride a bike. You're going to sway, fall, skin a few knees, and get frustrated. Eventually though you'll find your balance, don't give up!
Old 04-11-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good morning Soberwolf, saoutchik, Lava256, Dee74, and LadyBlue0527
Lava, is your husband going to support you?