Notices

Spring is sprung weekender 3-5 march

Old 03-04-2017, 04:25 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Sao, I love the chair! The red and black looks great

Bix, sending all the good positive energy and white light I can your way

Ruby and petals, also the Dory issue here. I have made notes, I've also opened up another instance of the board and went back and forth between tabs. This thread moves so fast it's hard to keep up.

I'm hopeful for those here for the weekend. This can be done! There's an overwhelming sense of satisfaction when you realize this.

Off to do bills, grocery shopping, all the regular Saturday items.

Have a great Sober Saturday everyone!

edited to add: The giraffe April has STILL not had the baby, still watching occasionally!
Old 03-04-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Just checking in really quickly as I was checking out the weekender posts over my coffee this morning. I am from the very supportive January 17 class.

Have a healthy, happy and sober Saturday all.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Done.

Just wait a couple of hours for the PVC cement to cure properly the turn it all on and see what happens.

So, Bim, ready to construct some sentences.... ?

"I'm really unchuffed that the pump seal said howzit. It was a lot of hard work and I'm a bit bushed now. "

A few more and you can apply for Permanent Residence.

Hope everyone's having a great sober Saturday,
B.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:23 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Morning sober peeps!

I just had the best sleep ever.... 12 hours. I was having the most vivid dreams.... I was out swimming in the lake in my sleep. My unconscious mind is getting ready for spring and summer lol. Must of needed it.

Coffee machine decided to give up on me this morning so I pulled the old french press out and I have to say I prefer the coffee from the french press.... creamier mmmmm.

I don't have much planned for the weekend but that's just fine by me. My niece who's 5 has a dance recital tomorrow afternoon which since I definitely won't be battling a hangover I will attend
Old 03-04-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome dontlookbacchus!
Old 03-04-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Saoutchik,

Do you play adventure golf often?

I played it a couple of times when I was drunk and got frustrated and wacked the ball out of the grounds.
Not a very adult thing to do but then drinking to get annihilated is not very adult either, I guess.

Maybe I should try a few more games now I'm sober?
B.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:47 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Morning! I think I was looking for "knackered", Sao! Would that be overstating the case a bit??

Slept long and hard, but waking up mornings to reality is very hard right now. And yes, I am very grateful and humbled to be sober through this time.

I'm getting about making brekkie for mom and me now. Working on all my non-American slang. I think now I will say "ta" for all your support, and log off until later.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
Morning! I think I was looking for "knackered", Sao! Would that be overstating the case a bit??
Hello, Bix,

Great, like "fit for the knackers yard". I think it had something to do with horses originally.

Hope you feel stronger. Enjoy your breakfast and sending good thoughts.

Maybe you can teach us some stuff later? It helps to lift the mood, I think? Keep it light, although there are some serious things going on.

Best wishes,
Bruce.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Haven't played mini golf in years. One of my neighbors own a glow in the dark mini golf and entertainment place. It would be fun to take the kids up there for a round. Tho I fear they may think they are too old for that sort of rubbish.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Hi y'all. The past two weeks have been the definition of spring in Wisconsin. 65 and sunny one week, 25 with seven inches of snow the next. I built up a new road bike over the winter, and am itching to put serious outdoor miles on it. The indoor trainer just doesn't cut it.

Hope all you weekenders are doing well. New and old alike!
Old 03-04-2017, 06:08 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hiya back atcha U75. I can't wait much longer for spring & summer either.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:16 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BruceSA View Post
Done.

Just wait a couple of hours for the PVC cement to cure properly the turn it all on and see what happens.

So, Bim, ready to construct some sentences.... ?

"I'm really unchuffed that the pump seal said howzit. It was a lot of hard work and I'm a bit bushed now. "

A few more and you can apply for Permanent Residence.

Hope everyone's having a great sober Saturday,
B.
out. No idea what you're on about. It's a bit contrived, innit?

Bixy, good to see you - I'm really glad to hear that you are hanging on and not thinking about a drink.

U75! It's old home week.

Okay. I have no plans. None. Nada. Nyet. Where's MidnightBlue? First up, steak and eggs. Mmmm

No giraffe calf yet, huh LadyBlue? It was like watching paint dry when (our local) giraffe Olivia was expecting.

I see no rain. This is a good thing, means I can go to the beach today. Yay! Always lots of dogs there, which I love.

No drinking for me. I like me better that way.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:27 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
out. No idea what you're on about. It's a bit contrived, innit?
Not sure what you mean?
B.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:58 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BruceSA View Post
Not sure what you mean?
B.
If ever you doubt my meaning in this thread, it's safe to assume it's smartass. Sometimes I try to be funny and or clever and it doesn't translate well without facial expressions.

Then again, it may just be lost in translation from north North America and South Africa. That happens often in this thread. I was trying to be Aussie/Brit...or something - and I'm neither of those things. Obviously.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Took myself out for lunch as I had nothing planned. The waiter who brought my coffee keeps saying "ok Miss". It's a nice change from "Madam" which is what I usually get. (I can't believe I'm old enough to be "madam").

Anyway...

I spent Thursday night with my 'boyfriend' (I hate that word and there has to be a better term). We work different days and different tines. I work Monday to Friday 8:30 -5:00 (kind of but they are not that strict). He usually has Monday and Tuesday off.

Anyway I've realised that we both do things which annoy each other. He snores and I have a habit of turning over in the bed and all the duvet magically comes with me.
I guess we will figure it out in time.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Kool, Bim.

It's been a long afternoon and I've been doodling with words as a joke. Didn't really feel like doing anything after fixing the pump. It's hot here and a bit draining.
Hope you're enjoying your day,
B.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:06 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I just noticed a news article about the vodka recall that SoberTDragon mentioned a while back 80% BY VOLUME! man that is dangerous. We had a recall here a while back due to glass particles being present.

BruceSA I play indoor Crazy Golf at a place called the Junkyard near where I live. It is ideal as my normie drinker friends can get a drink but the drinking is not the focus like it would be in a bar or pub. We got on early last night so my friends had not had a drink before playing, if they have had a couple I usually finish a lot higher Up

BixBees, knackered is quite flexible so it would cover your situation. It does come from the Knackers Yard.

Good to see you U75 how are you doing?

As bim mentioned, I send positive vibes to you MidnightBlue
Old 03-04-2017, 08:24 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Great to be sober on a Saturday. I've been remembering my dreams, and they're very odd. I never remembered them when I was drinking. I have a great day planned, spent the morning reading and napping. Going now to take my dogs on a walk.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:55 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Officially on spring break from school, though I will still be studying daily.

I will be home alone most of the week which is going to be hard for me in light of a recent relapse (which I did have an easy rebound from).. Social isolation and non-productivity have been major stumbling blocks lately.

It was brought to my attention that, for the sake of my sobriety, I need to work on building a closer relationship with God. Prayer and Bible study need to be what I start and end my day with, and I also need to attend a daily AA meeting where I can. I won't be able to today or tomorrow because of the hours I work but I will Monday. Daily mass wouldn't be a terrible idea either.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:29 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Tetra, often I sleep with ear plugs and my wife tucks the covers under herself. lol