Notices

Spring is sprung weekender 3-5 march

Old 03-02-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers and best wishes Bix and rainbowbird

congratultions Lorax -I didn't choose my new sig for you but I rededicate it in your honour

D
Old 03-02-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hello everyone. Just got thru reading the posts. Working late has become a habit lately. Even got in early today. I just feel so productive these last few months I enjoy my work.

Speaking of productive. Sao, I can't believe how quickly your getting on with that chair. Can't wait to see the finished product. Will you post before and after pics for us?

Congratulations to those celebrating a milestone. I'll be hitting 20 weeks this Monday. And my thoughts are with those of you struggling with internal and/or external stressors.

Sorry to be a bit vague in that last statement. I'd have to take notes to keep everything straight this evening, its great to see so many people posting here today.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:47 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I'm in. March in these parts can mean swings of up to 50 degrees in a week's time. High sixties last weekend, mid 20s F tonight. So, woodworking, maybe housecleaning, and probably tacos. Mmmmm. Tacos.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good to see you, RW!
Old 03-02-2017, 08:03 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 6 years Lorax....that's very awesome!
Bix...I hope everything is ok there for you at the hospital. Take care of yourself.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:35 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I love fireworks at the Sydney Opera House. But you are right - bet out and get out of your head.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:51 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Ahoy hoy

I've been reading a bit and not posting much.
I'm trying to refigure out this life thing post treatment. Part of which is properly implementing this thing called a recovery plan into said life. Which seems to keep having a mind of it's own and laughing in the face of my plans.
So. Just being here and present today.
Will have to catch up on so much tomorrow.. that's the theme these days, hurry up and ketchup!
Old 03-02-2017, 10:41 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thank you friends. One day, weekend, milestone, birth, death, tear of pain and tear of joy at a time we rise, fall, get back up and stand tall together, stronger than ever. 6 days or 6 years we all need support at times and can lend a hand at others. Sober is a blessing- let it happen. Love y'all!
Old 03-02-2017, 11:05 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

So I'm on a pickled onion kick right now.
How many is too many?

Time will tell.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:19 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi guys
Some lovely posts but with my Dory memory I can't list them all.....
Yayyy Friday at last.
Hoping to have some time this weekend to try and think some things through.
Hugs to all xx
Old 03-02-2017, 11:27 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders OscarDoes!

BixBees I'm sending positive vibes your way, it's great that you are there for your relation.

RainbowBird, Rehab is a very proactive step so in that respect you are doing well. They may be able to help you with your recovery plan but if not then I"m sure people here will be able to help.

SoberTDragon, other peoples timetables have ment that I have had to rush a bit with the chair. The upholsterer is coming today so it should be nearly finished, I will just have to fit the speakers. I will post a pic when its done.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:40 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Great to see you, Delizadee!
Old 03-03-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I'd like to be in for the weekend, although I'm only on day 2 and haven't had a weekend sober in 10+ years.

Have made a plan to go for a bike ride with a friend tomorrow am to give me something to focus on.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:10 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Post heaps Ato
Old 03-03-2017, 03:27 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by athomeuk View Post
I'd like to be in for the weekend, although I'm only on day 2 and haven't had a weekend sober in 10+ years.

Have made a plan to go for a bike ride with a friend tomorrow am to give me something to focus on.
Do you work during the week? If so (or if you are fitting around other peoples' working patterns), and the weekend seems a bit unstructured, remember that the lack of structure gives you complete control over what you do and when.

If sleeplessness is an issue when you don't drink, it doesn't matter if you toss and turn on a Friday or Saturday night, as you can lie in in the morning.

You can eat when you're hungry, rather than fitting lunch in around whatever you are doing at work. You can potter about doing bits of cooking, or whatever you enjoy doing when your time is your own. Read a book, binge on box sets, take up a new hobby that uses your hands, so you don't feel the need to have a glass in one .

Write a blog, even if you wouldn't dream of making it public. It's good to look back on how you were feeling at various stages, and you can remind yourself that you were tempted before but came through it. And post on here. Knowing that others are going through the same as you is helpful, and you do get to genuinely care about people, even though they are, effectively, strangers.

I am only on Day 17, so can't speak from long experience, but all of the above have helped me to stay off the booze for longer than I've previously done in decades. The bike ride is a great idea - I hope the weather's good for you.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by athomeuk View Post
I'd like to be in for the weekend, although I'm only on day 2 and haven't had a weekend sober in 10+ years..
Welcome, great time to join. If your tempted this weekend, post before you pickup.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SueDenim View Post
Do you work during the week? If so (or if you are fitting around other peoples' working patterns), and the weekend seems a bit unstructured, remember that the lack of structure gives you complete control over what you do and when.

If sleeplessness is an issue when you don't drink, it doesn't matter if you toss and turn on a Friday or Saturday night, as you can lie in in the morning.

You can eat when you're hungry, rather than fitting lunch in around whatever you are doing at work. You can potter about doing bits of cooking, or whatever you enjoy doing when your time is your own. Read a book, binge on box sets, take up a new hobby that uses your hands, so you don't feel the need to have a glass in one .

Write a blog, even if you wouldn't dream of making it public. It's good to look back on how you were feeling at various stages, and you can remind yourself that you were tempted before but came through it. And post on here. Knowing that others are going through the same as you is helpful, and you do get to genuinely care about people, even though they are, effectively, strangers.

I am only on Day 17, so can't speak from long experience, but all of the above have helped me to stay off the booze for longer than I've previously done in decades. The bike ride is a great idea - I hope the weather's good for you.
Thank you for this - really means a lot!!!

Generally, my worst drinking is at the weekend as that's when I know I can get away with drinking most. Probably because the structure of work isn't around.

We have some old furniture in the garden that I need to take to the recycling centre. It's been outside for almost 8 weeks, but I haven't felt sober enough to drive on any given weekend in that time. Maybe this weekend is it!

Have a great weekend!
Old 03-03-2017, 05:40 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders athomeuk! The bike ride sounds like a good idea. In early recovery a,weekend without booze was almost an alien concept to me but once I had a few under my belt I was amazed that there was enough time to undertake necessary tasks, do some fun stuff and get some rest. It was a revelation to me.

Lunchtime here so not too long before the weekend proper starts. The upholsterer is here and nearly finished, the glue or fabric cement had an unpleasant smell which disappears once it has been heated. I will put a pic up later today.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Can't wait to see the chair, Sao!
Old 03-03-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hello, friends!! Just saying hello, Continuing my journey to recovery and taking a new step today. Feeling rough and raw this morning, but determined.