Notices

Spring is sprung weekender 3-5 march

Old 03-03-2017, 02:49 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
saoutchik

What a cool series The Prisoner was Solarion.

I played indoor Crazy Golf as per usual tonight. The good news is that I finished in the top 7. The bad news is that there were 7 of us I kinda lost it a bit on the last hole taking a 12 and was haranged by people waiting to play. Not my finest hour.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I found out today that I'll leaving on a business trip on the 15th. My first one sober. Tho is only an over nighter. I fly out in the evening and fly back the next evening after a full day conference. No business dinners or entertaining so it should go easily.

Nice chair Sou my daughter would love that. I tried hunting for a Space 1999 pic with a similar chair, but no luck. I did find that Youtube has all the episodes tho.

When I see the word chuffed I picture a little yellow bird, feathers puffed out with a big smile and big cheeks looking quite pleased with himself. My mom used that word often.

RainbowBird good luck!

Thinking of you BixBees. Doin' OK?

So there was a Vodka re-call in Ontario. Apparently the bottler didn't cut it properly and it's twice the alcohol content it should be. I worry about the heavy drinker who may not notice until they've had too much.....
Old 03-03-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Sao, that chair is great and if you decide to sell it, you could use that photo you posted as advertisement. The juxtaposition of red, shiny modern chair against the spare white painted brick and windows would be a HUGE selling point.

Sue, I see the point of what you are saying. It's not that I'm tempted to drink, it's the "managing the practical aspects of life" that is causing me frustration. I try to tell myself I have the freedom to do what I want with that unstructured time but then freeze when it comes down to doing anything. Too many choices and then I'm running around like a maniac on Sunday evening wondering how the laundry didn't get done and why didn't I plan better? And oh, I need to run to the store for milk and bread. It's hard to describe.
Ruby, this is me to a T, also. Often gets to be anxiety provoking just to have a gulf of time... Not cause of AV, but just that freezing thing. For me, I'm so ambivalent I can MOVE.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Solarion showed a pic from The Prisoner, a 1960s TV series. There was one in that. It really was a good series too, Way ahead of its time.

It is late for me, bedtime. Good luck - don't forget, if you feel like drinking or using post here or the main board first

Old 03-03-2017, 06:07 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I really appreciate the kind words and questions about my wellbeing.
You all are...you are something else. So appreciated.

The "family" going through a major life changing health crisis is my father. I've been with him at hospital constantly since arriving. My mom needs support, too. We will be figuring things out next week or so and I'm staying here in my parents' town until then.

I am GRATEFUL to be sober.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:12 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hugs BixBees
Old 03-03-2017, 06:14 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Thank you, Sao.

That chair is fabulous. I'm glad it is red. Perfect.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I've had a chance to read a little. Beginning to catch up. I am deeply touched and grateful to be part of this community. It means a lot to me.

Mom and I will have a slower morning tomorrow. I'll make her breakfast and we'll talk a bit before heading to hospital and Dad.

I'm exhausted. You Brits and Aussies have a slang for that, wish I could remember it...wanted to use it. All I'm sure of is that "chuffed" would be incorrect and so would "unchuffed".

Going to bed. See you tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about the family issues Bix. I'll be thinking of you and your mum.

It's day 26 for me, I can't believe how quick the days have piled up! The weekends are still a struggle but it's getting a little easier each time to get through them. I'm still trying to get better acquainted with my sober self, so far so good though!
Old 03-03-2017, 08:33 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Cool chair Sao!!
Bix..I hope your dad is going to be ok. Thank goodness you aren't drinking through this. Take care of yourself and give your mom extra hugs.
ok...good night, good people.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Morning, Weekenders!

The best feeling in the world, waking up with a clear head.

The dogs took me for a walk and I need to get a couple of things before I get started.

Bix, I hope you're feeling better this morning. Prayers and thoughts to you and your family.

Is the word you're looking for "bushed" - as in wiped-out tired?

Let's get going!
Bruce.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:19 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Good Morning Peeps!

Bix - hope you're doing better soon.

Just checking in here to let you know I made it to day 3. I'm as shocked as anyone. It's just past 7am here and I'm up and moving about. Was uncharacteristically grumpy last night but then I was also uncharacteristically sober!

Feels great to be up early and feel ok, rather than just pretending to feel ok.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:31 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning. Well done Pete6256 and athomeuk

"creamed" is a colloquialism for exhausted. Short for cream cracker'd/ knackered.

Cold and damp outside, serves me right for writing about Spring in early March.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:33 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

(((Bix))))

Tired = wiped
Old 03-03-2017, 11:33 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Aaargh.

Was wondering why the water in the pool was going down so quickly. Looks like the seals between the motor and the pump have said "howzit".

Bim - here's another word for you, my friend. Normally a greeting here, howzit can also mean damaged, messed up, finished, etc. Have you speaking like a local in no time.

So instead of doing some relaxing woodwork, looks like I'm going to be down in a pit removing the pump and motor this morning. Delightful!

Chat in a while, hope you're all doing fine.
B.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:57 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

No spring here It is windy and cold. Though my bulbs have started popping out. I am just waiting for my cherry tree to start flowering before I can trim the branches, it needs a huge trimming but apparently the time to do it is right when it flowers, otherwise it damages the tree.
Morning coffee done, now to try and get two smelly boys in the shower and off to Pisa for an appointment for my son.
Later their father has invited us all to the yacht club for lunch. Ugh. I hate going there. It is stuffy and annoying and there is wine everywhere. I think I might give it a pass, maybe drop the kids off with him for lunch and then go back later to get them.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:44 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you Meraviglioso, good luck at the yacht club if you do decide to go.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:23 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Got the pump assembly out into the sunlight ....gasp.

Found a seal with a spring on it on the shaft that's seen better days.

Going to hunt a new one down and then reassemble it.

Any news, Bix? Thinking of you.

I'm glad I'm sober.
B.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good luck Bruce

There haven't been many songs posted recently so I thought I would post one. Scott Walker singing this is hard to find as all the YouTube versions seem to be blocked in the UK, this is the best I could find.

Old 03-04-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good morning all.

keep up the good work Pete6256 and athomeuk.

Sound like a good plan Meraviglioso, drop the kids off. Good opportunity for a little "me" time?

I a member of a global infrastructure team, we all got together in Toronto last September for meetings. Two of the guys are from the UK. One said "I'm hanging out my ass this morning". (Hope that isn't rude) Hu? "I'm exhausted" he clarified.

I found this rendition of "you are my sunshine" and posted to the sober bus thread this morning.