Notices

It really does get better weekender 13-15 jan

Old 01-13-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I'm just posting to bump this above last week's thread in the topic list.

BTW, I did go to the Asian store for groceries, had a quick nap, showered, and had a decent dinner. I think I need another nap now. Books and games can wait.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
....I took this pic about 50 minutes ago. You may recognise the Olympic Stadium and "Orbit" statue. It is extremely bleak on a freezung day in January....
At first glance, I thought that was some kind of new roller coaster.....
Old 01-13-2017, 10:10 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I want to be in but I'm s mess
Old 01-13-2017, 11:01 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi SAH

I'm gonna repost what I said in the other thread you posted in - probably best for you to stick to one thread if you can to get the maximum support?

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry you're drinking again SAH.

I know you're embarrassed to go back to AA and I know rehab is not viable for you - I'm not going to rehash those options - it's your choice and it's your recovery not mine...

but I really hope you decide to do something different this week - why not commit to putting the drink down now and making a really strong plan for next weekend - once you get one sober weekend down hopefully it will be a little easier?

D
Old 01-13-2017, 11:11 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

SAH
Thinking of you. You keep coming back so I think you want something else for yourself.
Chuck what's left and get some rest.
We are all here for you as we know what its like.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:29 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Thinking of you SAH. Dee posted some great advice. Why not dump out the booze and make a watertight plan for next weekend?
I also wouldnt write off AA just yet. Its not like they havent seen people fall off the wagon before.

Let us know how youre doing when you can
Old 01-13-2017, 11:46 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning

I know how you are feeling Soberandhealthy, after many failures I got really depressed and thought I could not live without alcohol. What will make it easier is to really have a plan in place so that you have something to do, something that will occupy your thoughts in those early days and weeks when the cravings are full on. What Trees says is correct, I can see how badly you don't want to be drinking so try and make a few changes to your routine to help get away from the drinking mindset. I hope you can get some sleep too
Old 01-14-2017, 02:08 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.

I've just had an extremely-unexpectedly productive morning because I just start doing things without overthinking and let the flow.

I woke up early even though I finished my business skype call quite late but it really got me a boost for moving forward.

Now I am enjoying a quiet moment with chicory spiced with cinnamon and cardamon. Precious moments of life.

SAH - One of the best things about SR and weekenders - doesn't matter what kind of a mess you are - you can join and jump in. Please, do. You know that there is always support and great advice without slightest trace of judgment.

Sao - No pic from morning jogging? Sigh. I think I am addicted to them)

See you all.

Have a great day.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:07 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Good morning to everyone enjoying their sober Saturday. I'm getting ready to put a pork shoulder in the smoker!
Old 01-14-2017, 04:24 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I'll be right over!
Old 01-14-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Made it through my first weekend night. Ended up sitting and chatting with my kid for a few hours. Chatting with one or both of them isn't anything new, but chatting with a clear head and without a burning desire to go pass out already definitely is. Heading to a meeting this morning even though I'd really prefer to still be in bed Memorial service this afternoon.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

You did well, DBTD.

I'm glad you've got a solid plan in place for this afternoon's service.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:03 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Happy Sober Saturday all I'm pleased as (fruit) punch that today is my 14th day on the wagon. Really I'm so happy to have made it here again and over the withdrawals hump. Off shopping now for new clothes for me and my (not so little anymore) girl. Will check in later. Love you all (I'm just as soppy sober I realize) x
Old 01-14-2017, 05:14 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Some great posts this morning!

MidnightBlue I did go out this morning but my phone needed charging. Instead you can have a photo of a place not far from me where Jack the Ripper was said to operate in the 1880s. The sign says "They let me hang while I was left out to dry" hey ho
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170114_130949.jpg (34.0 KB, 47 views)
Old 01-14-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
saoutchik

As you can see it is a familiar rainy day here in London
Old 01-14-2017, 07:43 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

So I've been going to a meeting near where I work because I can get there and back during my lunchhour. There are very few women and very few people close to my age. I wasn't bothered because they were wonderful to me but today's meeting was much more a group of my peers. I'm so glad that I went! Turns out I had been looking at the wrong meeting directory and there are lots nearby my house - which isn't near my work. Right after I decided to get out of bed and go, I got a text from the sister of my friend that died (and who was my biggest advocate to quit drinking) just saying hey which I took as a little nudge from my friend. This is the third very obvious gift from the universe, higher power, whatever in the last 5 days of sobriety pointing me in the direction that I need and want to go.

Oh! And after the meeting I went and did my grocery shopping for the week while I was feeling strong and did not buy any alcohol. First time I've been in a store that sold alcohol since Sunday. I was anxious but I did what I needed to do and got out of there.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:59 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Happy Sober Saturday everyone!

Tetra, money is the root of all evil. It's true. It can take people who would otherwise appear perfectly normal and turn them into heathens. I've watched it happen so many times when there's been a death in the family. Jaw dropping kind of stuff. I am no longer surprised.

SAH, I'm thinking of you. What are you going to do to get this under control?

Sao, I love your pictures. Not nearly like yours but I decided to post one of my own. That big orb in the sky is not the sun, it's the full moon. The picture is a bit blurred but I think it would be a great painting. Ken should know exactly where this was taken. Speaking of Ken, where is that Weasel?? :p

Have a great day everyone. Today and tomorrow are football kind of days. Tonight's dinner is grilled steak, mashed potatoes, and roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic vinaigrette.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:54 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
Tetra, money is the root of all evil.
LadyBlue, I respectfully disagree.

It is not that money is root of all evil, but love for money.

Nothing wrong is about money, and nothing good is about not having it.

Great pic)

Sao - Thank you for the photo! Now my Saturday is completely perfect.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:02 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
SAH....I hope you can pull yourself out of the bottle. I know it's not easy, but it is possible. Think it through when you feel like drinking.
It's a peaceful and restful day here in the land of HaF....I can't complain. Nothing I need to be doing. So I'm going to take advantage of it and veg. Football later.
See you all later -
Old 01-14-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

My apologies MB, I didn't realize that a coined phrase would be taken literally.

I agree with you, it's the love of money. I just know that I have watched people I have known my entire life turn into something greatly evil when it comes to the "someone died and THAT is MINE" mentality. It's sad to watch. I remember when my stepmother's mom died. We were all at the funeral home when my father looked around and asked her "where is your sister?" She was nowhere to be found. After the funeral had ended we headed back to my stepmother's mom's home. There was her sister and her sister's daughter. They had ransacked the house and were loading up cars. No thought to sit and discuss who would like to have what.

My husband's mother did things the right way. Unfortunately, she knew she was going to die so she had the time. She met with all the kids and asked what everyone wanted and she put stickers with names. All the insurance money and property was discussed, all wishes were taken care of. There was zero fighting because all of it was done in her presence.

I'll never forget this story my aunt told me. A person she knew had a will drawn up. She already knew there would be discord in the family over her estate and found a way to get a really good last word in. After her death the will was read. When the lawyer finished reading he said that it was mandatory they were to sit in discussion for the next 15 minutes. He sat quietly taking notes. At the end of the 15 minutes he stopped the conversation. Any person in the room who proceeded to complain and fight about their share were reduced down to $1. Point blank, no recourse. I think that was a brilliant idea.