Notices

Music Helps Sober Weekender Sept 2 Part 1

Old 09-01-2016, 05:32 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Lol Behan just reminded me of the boiling Christmas Brussels sprouts! Sao...you always make me giggle! And Behan.....what a poetic line about the 'toxic liquid of delusion'! You, my friend, can certainly turn a phrase!

Out of the loop as usual as I've never even heard of Mr Robot!

I'm getting stuff together for my getaway tomorrow! I hate saving packing till the last minute cause I can't relax unless everything's done (can you say OCD?). Going to pick up my friend at the train in a few minutes....Rocky Road awaits us ha!

Oh...my four day weekend has begun yay!!!
Old 09-01-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Have fun brynn and travel safe!
Old 09-01-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks Jen
Old 09-01-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hi, W'enders,

DesertDawg, great thread! Keep up the good work! It's inspirational.

There are experiences shared here on SR that remind me how much I have to be grateful for. Mesa, the story you shared was one of them. Thank you.

Ruby, I'm glad today feels a little better. You're one of those friends on SR who makes me wish I had a magic wand to make everything better. Hugs, Ruby.

My appointment went well today. The psychologist is a nice man and seems very insightful. There is work to be done. Something tells me that's not exactly rare among alcoholics, even those living in recovery.

Perhaps Operation Get My Mojo Back is really Recovery, v. 2.0.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:11 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Finally getting around to posting a song!!

For me when I got Sober I really focused on those musicians that were also Sober, and I kept saying to myself, well if they can do it then so can I, but there were many artists that never made it, I do that thing of feeling weird when I surpass someone's age as they died well before their time.

To name a few, and notably from the metal genre - Corey Taylor (Slipknot), Jonathan Davies (Korn) . . . but my biggest inspiration from the music world is Eric Clapton, his autobiography I would remember back to reading when struggling to make Sobreity a reality.

One artist who died, not from alcohol but still well before his time . . . Marc Bolan!!

Crank it up loud . . . and Get our Sobriety on!!

Old 09-01-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Happy (almost) weekend, all. Another busy day on the job is in the works tomorrow, but I'm okay with that. I work for a technology company that helps kids learn math, science, etc and with school starting for many students (in the USA, anyway), it's a busy time of year for me. 'Tis the season to make sure teachers know how to use the software to help the students learn, and I'm good at it. Hence, I'm busy. My desk is on my own patio, my office fridge is my own kitchen, and my lunch break means I have time for a quick catnap in my own bed. No complaints (at least not right this moment).

No big weekend plans. Going to wait in line and fill out forms so I can get my "taxpayer ID" on Monday down here in Guatemala....not too thrilling, but it's a solid way to use an hour of my free time on my day off. I need to take care of it at some point and it's been too long. The reason I'm "planning" this whole deal is because the Guatemalan bureaucratic system makes the DMV look wildly efficient. "Stand over here, and hand your paper to this man so he can stamp it. Now go into the next room and wait in line so someone else can stamp it. Then come back here, and I'll take a peek at those stamps and then send you to another room where you can continue doing this for the next 3 hours. Gracias."

I go to Costa Rica 2x per year to visit friends who live on the S. Caribbean coast, they own a restaurant and small hotel there. Well, they texted me yesterday to say they are turning the tables: they are coming to visit ME in a few weeks here in Guate. Should be fun to show them around. My girlfriend likes the woman and the dude and I get along. We are an international bunch: an American, a Costa Rican, a Brit and a Guatemalan. The conversations are scattered in English and Spanish and they're always interesting. None of them are big drinkers (if at all) and it will be nice to have friends around later in the month.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Evening everybody
Old 09-01-2016, 07:58 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Brynn, have a great getaway!

Livin' the dream, Big S, livin' the dream.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:31 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Have a good weekend Brynn!
I got home at 7 from work and took the doggies for an evening walk. They loved it and it's a good way for me to destress after a long day,. No wine needed here tonight.
I'm so glad that the weekend is almost here. I only have a couple of hours of work tomorrow so I'm going to consider it a 4 day weekend.
Tomorrow morning I hope to put sealer down on my bathroom tile/grout. I've been meaning to do it for a couple of years now.....
Saturday I'm going to a craft fair. The unfriend was supposed to come with me and another friend but I haven't heard from her....which is ok with me.
Ok...I think I'll go back and see what you all have been up to-
Old 09-01-2016, 08:46 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

More exciting times today in MesaWorld...

After buying a new portable Gas BBQ at Home Despot, and dumping the 2 Trailer Waste Tanks in Town, I meandered up the Canyon to this lovely Campsite. Really gorgeous setting @ ~7,200'. I'll post some Pix at some point.

This Site is seriously not level side-to-side. I had to put 2 of 4 Trailer Wheels up on 3 stacked Blocks; the most ever. When I lifted the Trailer off the Truck Ball Hitch, it slipped backwards off these Blocks. Some Wood Chocks I'd set in back of one set of Wheels on the Dirt saved my substantial Behind. ~7,000 lbs rolling away from you gets your attention.

SOOOO, I broke out the brand new Wheel Gizmos I just bought. These Scissors Locks spread with a special Ratchet like the letter 'x', and exert a bunch of lateral force to keep the Wheels from rolling. Obviously, deploying them first is now my new Standard Operating Procedure. As is leaving one of two massive Towing Safely Chains clipped onto the Truck until set-up is complete.

I also broke out a new long range Cellular Antenna that was part of a recent Amazon ordering frenzy, and captured a Cell Tower Helen Gone down in the Valley.

Meanwhile, Thunder/Lightning came crashing in for an Hour while I sat under the yuge Awning. Then, some Gomer a few hundred feet away felt the need to break out what sounds like an AR-15 [given the non-stop firing pattern from a large Bullet Clip] to illegally shoot at who-knows-what in near-darkness. He peeled off at least 60 Rounds. Mebbe he's tricked it out with a Night Vision Scope. Just what you do in a busy Forest Campground on an American Holiday: shoot at Trees. MesaDog was not thrilled.

Solar-charged Trailer Battery Power is working fine, so we all good! I'm thinkin' Chinese Lunch tomorrow, and - of course - the neato River-side Dog Park. Mebbe swing by wherever all the Bikers in Town for a Motorcycle Rally are congregated. Mebbe I can find Jen a new Boyfriend who's not incarcerated.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:27 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Settling down for bed. I had a hair appointment and brought little miss along to get her hair neatened up before school starts.

Ven, thanks. I want a magic wand. Bodhi, a hug. I'm OK. Just traffic was horrible yesterday and I needed to get home to take kids to a social thing at school and drag hundreds of pounds of their supplies and was angry that traffic was so bad. I think part of it was the fear of not making it by six to pick them up from after school care once school starts and what that will mean.

Today was a good day and I even took a nap which i never do. And didn't feel guilty about it. Laundry. Washed the floors. I even think I'm going to eat more ice cream.

BigS that sounds like a nice visit to anticipate. And nice to work from home.

Bang a gong. Nice pick.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Mesa, I'm glad you didn't roll away or get hurt. That would be scary. I could see me doing that. I forgot to put on my parking brake last Monday. Glad I noticed before I ran to the train.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:39 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

I haven't heard this song in a while.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:11 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ooona View Post
My link didnt open with the video itself. Any suggestions on not posting just the link?
Originally Posted by Elicia08 View Post
Dang. How do I post a video?
the short answer is:

1. get the URL of the youtube you want e.g.
PHP Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97RjuC9YeXg 
2. take everything after the = sign...in this case 97RjuC9YeXg

3. put it between YT tags using the youtube button

e.g.
PHP Code:
[YT]97RjuC9YeXg[/YT
4. you're done

D
Old 09-01-2016, 10:12 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Fred and WhiskyBent

Have a good weekend peeps

D
Old 09-01-2016, 10:35 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone

Glad you are feeling better Ruby

Thank you for the tutorial Dee, I meant to respond to Elicia08's post but I forgot yesterday

Glad it is Friday
Old 09-01-2016, 10:47 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

I find this comforting in lots of situations. Thanks Dee for the instructions, above

Old 09-01-2016, 11:07 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hello! Was Sober last weekend, checking in sober this weekend. Unfortunately on two days in between I wasn't. Have a good Friday y'all!
Old 09-01-2016, 11:09 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Not heard Labi Siffre in a while, thank you Zanna

350 years ago this morning was the start of the Great Fire of London
Old 09-01-2016, 11:25 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wow thanks for the trivia Sao

Glad the apt went well Venecia x

Morning