Notices

Music Helps Sober Weekender Sept 2 Part 1

Old 09-02-2016, 09:26 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

MB, I hope you are doing OK in your preparation for dealing with banks and lawyers. Always a headache.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:27 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I agree with Ruby, HaF
Old 09-02-2016, 10:43 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning x
Old 09-02-2016, 11:20 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone

A fine morning here, a year ago the empty building on the right was to become an art gallery, now that plan has been dropped in favour of turning it into more luxury flats for bankers etc. What a surprise
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160903_065753.jpg (31.0 KB, 43 views)
Old 09-03-2016, 12:27 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.

The thread moves so fast it's hard to catch up with all of you!

Quite a funny start of the day I've had.

I've run out of bottled water (where I live tap water is of very poor quality and even when filtered it's hardly drinkable) so once the nearby convenient store opened I headed there.

There was a queue and quite a few people who needed their morning "fix". Right ahead of me there was a guy, in his early thirties, who had a small bottle of vodka, two cans of beer and a cake. And he started hitting on me. To my own surprise I didn't snapped on him which would be my regular reaction, but just kind joked back.

And what was really a shame that he was really cute, and quite fun to talk to - he spoke Japanese and was an engineer designing cargo modules.

And smelled like vodka at about 9 a.m. Sad.

He forgot to grab some juice so while he was looking for it I sneaked ahead with my water and was done when he came back.

He saw I was leaving and started to shout "Wait, I'll see you home. I'll help you carry your water. Maybe I'm your destiny!"

Yeah, I doubt this.

But really a shame.

Though made me smile and forget about banks for a while.

Have a great day, weekenders.
Old 09-03-2016, 12:39 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
Hey! ! It's Friday night! A fine night for junk food.
zanna....how are you doing?
I was fine and thanks for asking Went to bed at 10 and slept for 9 hours. SO glad i did the 'spare funds into the savings account' thing yesterday, as I would have definitely caved in by 5pm, if I could have accessed the money. Fine now until next Friday
Have a great weekend! x
Old 09-03-2016, 12:49 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Great sobriety job, Zanna!

Just found this song - beautiful

Old 09-03-2016, 01:54 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Morning all. Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions. Will have to Google chowder and bisque! Good idea about the heat thing I will dig out my wheat bag. Raining here. Have a good day guys.xx
Old 09-03-2016, 02:49 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Just spent a good hour playing 'Lightning Pool', in SR's Arcade Highly therapuetic
Turn volume UP and it's great for de-stressing
Old 09-03-2016, 03:04 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:09 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good morning Sobernators!

We are getting Hermine'd this morning. Lots of rain and wind. Woke up alone and had that brief panic spike of what have I done now? but then realized there was a tree brushing up against the house on Mrs. Non's side of the bed, so she had relocated to get away from that and not me.

I used to wake up alone often when I drank. Either because I had passed out on the couch (or the floor), or because I was snoring so loudly Mrs. Nons couldn't take it. I'll take a tropical storm any day over that life.

I wanted to go to the office this morning and then watch college football all afternoon, but I don't think the office is going to happen because of the storm. I'll see what I can get done around the house. Hopefully the lights stay on.

Be well, all!
Old 09-03-2016, 03:12 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Ven.
I remember my learning curve was a big one - pretty sudden too.

I'm hoping in years to come some tuition is required to operate one.

Sounds like she hit you pretty hard. If the fair is going to rent out scooters you'd think they'd mechanically restrict them to walking pace.

I hope workers comp works out.

D
Old 09-03-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

good news Zanna - next Friday you will be fine too... just stick with the plan and stick with us.
hope you feel better HAF, then you will be our better haf... I kill myself...

that stinks Sao - on the way home from airport I was listening to All Things Considered on NPR... they told of how a couple resident nursing homes scammed their way around the regulations, was bought by a company to 'manage them' then mysteriously when the 'inspectors' went to audit the place - nobody home! they transferred out all the residents, under unusually bad circumstances, and sold the building to developers to tear down and put up luxury condos - for $70M! The story is bad of how it happened and what happened to the people who were living there, just so they could circumvent regulations, kick out the people in need and make a suitcase full of money.

Midnight, sorry to hear of your ongoing plight, and the water situation...
You made me think of this...
Old 09-03-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

hope you get through the tropical/hurricane NONS...
first thing I did was check the weather to make sure I have time to get things done outside... big HURRICAN ALERT! across the top of page, but looks like we miss the rains here... we could use some tho...

the violin part in this is so haunting... better in the studio version of course, but you can't get any Dylan recordings on youtube
Old 09-03-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

why not?

time to put on the work boots...
Old 09-03-2016, 04:50 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm waking up this morning to news that a 27 year-old child abduction case may have been solved. Not sure if people remember Jacob Wetterling (I know folks around here will). A few months ago there was an arrest of a suspect in his and a few other cases. The guy has been saying he didn't take Jacob - until now. He told the FBI where to find Jacob's remains. They have found remains now, and they are doing DNA tests to make sure it's him. Very sad story, but it will be good if they solve the case and give his family closure.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:37 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Good morning all!

Ken, busy day? That's what I end up doing, time to read but no time to respond. Taking a moment for me today before I begin what has to be done.

saoutchik, hubby is self employed but he does have liability. They just sent a new policy and it said something about personal injury. I had a talk with myself last night because I had to in order to calm myself down. We do have insurance through my work. It just really sucks finally being caught up with bills and to think about an uncertain future. We have a high deductible (5K) but hey, I'll just pay what I can every month. We always find a way to make it through.

Venecia, OUCH! I hope you heal quickly!

Marty, sorry that woman is such a you know what. To spend life carrying around resentment sucks. Too bad for her. I'd just ignore her and not feed her negative energy. The best revenge is living well

Ruby and LB, every time you guys say shrubbery all I can think of is Monty Python

SUID, thanks, we will survive and yes, that's one of the downfalls of self employment. When you get hurt there's no money coming in. Not to mention that on top of his pain what it does to him to feel like he's not contributing. I have to confess that there's a little devil in me though. He is a video game addict. When I say this people laugh but I'm not kidding. If he could , he would spend every waking moment on XBox Live or PS4. He calls it his hobby. He would far prefer gaming than taking part in any event with real people. Still, there's far worse things he could be addicted to so it doesn't bother me immensely. With all that being said guess who can't play video games for weeks?

MesaMan, ever been to a BurningMan event?

Midnight Blue, yes, this thread moves faster than a roadrunner being chased by a rabbit. Hard to keep up sometimes.

I didn't mean to miss replying to anyone and I am so glad to see all the new people in here.

There is strength in numbers!

Off to recon the checking account, do the bills, clean the house, and go grocery shopping. Back later to see what you peeps are up to.

Happy sober weekend!
Old 09-03-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
ladyblue...my daughter is presently at burning man. Have you ever been? I'm curious about it.
ok...off for a dog walk and then to the fair. I am going with an old friend who I don't see often. She's very sweet and kind and another reason I'm happy unfriend isn't going.
ok...have a great day.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

I'm not sure why some people feel that they have the right to comment on another person. Unfortunately I do have a serious face when I am not smiling. I was walking down the street thinking about all the things I have to do. In my own little world and bothering no one. Some loser shouted 'smile!' out the car window at me and touched his hand to his mouth. I wish I had said something back but I was just surprised.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
Good morning eveyone!
ladyblue...my daughter is presently at burning man. Have you ever been? I'm curious about it.
happyandfree, my boss went this year so I had to check it out. I've seen the video of the big statue that they burn in the end. It looks like many people attend for many different reasons. For some it appears to be a spiritual experience and for some just one big party. I'd like to attend one year but it would be foolish to get near it at all right now. It would be way to much temptation.