A simple guy making his way

Lunch on the rocks
Ain't no big surprise.
Just pour me a seltzer
and I'll tell you some lies...

Old 09-01-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Wow... So many new folks and the thread moved so quick. I don't want to miss anyone so I will just say a huge weekender welcome to you! Good to see you jumping in.

DesertDawg..... That's so amazing!!! Good for you that you put yourself first and congrats on 5 months!!!

Ken
Old 09-01-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
saoutchik

In! Thank you Ken

Still at work so not had a chance to listen to everyone's tracks yet and one or two of them not available in UK for "copyright" reasons which is dumb because they will be available elsewhere

I speak as someone has has received a few snotty letters from lawyers/solicitors regarding copyright breaches, they never do anything, too expensive

Nearly home time, since I will be getting the underground train this is vaguely appropriate

Old 09-01-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

BTW... It looks gloomy in that pic. Nothing of the sorts. The water sometimes has fog. 100 yards alway was bright sunshine! I loved walking through the paths to the water and as the trees clear it gets foggy and cool with thunderous sounds of water crashing on the rocky coast. Yup. Love it.

K
Old 09-01-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
...holds the key

(((Marty)))
Old 09-01-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
...holds the key

It's a beautiful day .....

https://youtu.be/co6WMzDOh1o
Old 09-01-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

It is a beautiful day Brynn
Old 09-01-2016, 10:19 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

A Day of Remembrance Yesterday...

I drove down to the nearest Town, and finally found the Dog Park after a few Errands. The sole access to it goes across an very busy Highway, and only Folks walking out with their Pooches signaled where this River-side Park is. Very nice.

I parked in a Supermarket Parking Lot well out of the way, after working my way around Emergency Vehicles with Lights flashing. Cops and EMTs all around. I got to talking with this very nice Gal on Lunch Break from working the Bank inside the Store. A Gal Pal of her's had come in with Blood streaming down her Face; begging for help. The Bank Gal went on quite graciously about how Alcohol was taking down this Friend, and how she couldn't believe Folks could drink that much. She was truly shocked. I kept my 'you wouldn't believe it' Stories to myself because of the Gravitas of the situation.

A fellow Alk had died by the River, in the undergrowth where the Hard Cores hung out. An Alcohol-fueled Fight had broken out. The Fight may or may not have been the cause of Death. The Bank Gal's Friend - a Bystander - got away from the Scene because she had already temporarily lost her Child to Foster Care, and didn't want to risk further Legal complications. The Coroner was there, and they were gathering Evidence. This, adjacent to a lovely Walk Path with Athletic types Biking and Jogging by; some on their way back to the Five Star Hotel right there. The juxtaposition was a little disorienting.

While we were still talking, 8 EMTs and Cops hauled up the Body Bag, and away they went. A Bank Coworker came out and said 'they had just plucked another one out of the River a few Weeks ago from the 9th Street Bridge'.

I drove up the Mountain to my next Campground, and shook Hands with the very nice Camp Host Couple on reserving a 2 Day 'Drive Up' Campsite beginning today until my 4 Day Reservation secured on-line starts there this Saturday. That setting is arguably even more scenic than this one.

I drove back up here to a microcosm of Nirvana, and sent up some Vibes to the Universe to give thanks for what I've been spared.

For those you know who now float out among the Stars...

- 'Stars' ~ Grace Potter & The Nocturnals -
Old 09-01-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Ruby....everything ok? Towering rage doesn't sound good.
I'm home for an early lunch. I went to my weight watchers meeting today and I've lost 15lbs! I find it quite amazing. I'm doing it...slowly but surely.
That makes me happy!
Old 09-01-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening
Old 09-01-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

good to see some newer faces...
ah, the ole' giving it up for good trick... the only one that actually works...

transplanted four tomato plants - they might survive... rooted two pepper plants... to make room for shrubs... a little mod to the structure to make a level course... cut and install rescue wood... paint! then get compost and mulch from the pile and plant "A shrubbery!"

Old 09-01-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Hee hee, brain. We just watched Holy Grail last night. Love that movie.
So I got my new specs. I like them. They will take a bit of getting used to. Stronger prescription - the ground looks closer. A bit disorienting.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I'm in
Old 09-01-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Laundromat to wash comforters. Need to prep for winter. Brrrrr...
Old 09-01-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Yes, it's starting to get pretty cool at night
My Brussel sprouts are full of aphids. Totally slimy and covered with them. I'm so disappointed. Next year I'm only going to plant tomatoes and squash. Aphids don't seem to bother them.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I'm a bit calmer today and it helps me work better I think.
I do work with some nice people and I'm very lucky.
One of the girls got an abusive phone call today from a parent. All sorts of threats and "Doctor X said 12 weeks maximum. I pay money. It's my right" and blah blah blah. So when Doctor arrived we told him. He said "this is a public hospital. He pays nothing". She told him that "he said he pays his taxes". Doctor sighed and said "I guess that's true but I said nothing about 12 weeks". It was agreed that they would try and bring the child in next month. As the doctor left he said "I love you guys. You guys are my posse and we have each others backs".

On my way home I met a girl I know who goes to the group meetings I go to. She said "wow you look amazing! I hear you work full time now and you have moved?" I told her about my new house and when you are a bit shy like me it's hard getting used to new offices and people and I've changed my workplace 3 times this year so far. She said "you really are one of the strongest people I know".

When I got home I sat down and thought about it for a while. I do think she is right actually. I do spend a lot of time thinking about what I've done wrong that I don't give myself half enough credit.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders WhiskeyBent
Soberandhealthy
Ooona
BrandoninCO

I hope I didn't miss any newcomer

MesaMan that's sad scenario you witnessed and yet it is probably repeated hundreds of times a day all over the world. One more reason to stay sober if we needed it

HaF mentioned her Brussels Sprouts, well coincidently I think that 1st September was traditionally the day my mum would start boiling them for Christmas Dinner

I need a haircut but the two Greek Cypriot girls who generally share cutting duties are in Cyprus, most inconvenient. I will have to embrace the Alice Cooper look

Old 09-01-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

No, Tetra - you do not give yourself enough credit. You are doing fine. I do understand, though. I am very hard on myself, also. I think that's part of why I drank. I have always been my own worst critic. Drinking made me feel better about myself temporarily. Now I have to learn to do that for myself. So do you, and all of us who like to beat ourselves up.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Wow Mesa, what a scene to happen upon! It's heartbreaking.....prayers for those still struggling xo

Sao as Alice cooper? I choose not to believe that....Alice cooper gives me the creeps ever since I saw a doc on him (lots of mental anguish/torture), although at one point he was in recovery.

Congrats Haf on losing 15 lbs! Pretty soon you'll need a new wardrobe!!

Hi trees!

Hi new bus riders!

I'll rate my apple today a 5 out of 10. Yesterday's was a solid 9 and they're from the same bag!