Old 09-01-2016, 08:46 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
MesaMan

More exciting times today in MesaWorld...

After buying a new portable Gas BBQ at Home Despot, and dumping the 2 Trailer Waste Tanks in Town, I meandered up the Canyon to this lovely Campsite. Really gorgeous setting @ ~7,200'. I'll post some Pix at some point.

This Site is seriously not level side-to-side. I had to put 2 of 4 Trailer Wheels up on 3 stacked Blocks; the most ever. When I lifted the Trailer off the Truck Ball Hitch, it slipped backwards off these Blocks. Some Wood Chocks I'd set in back of one set of Wheels on the Dirt saved my substantial Behind. ~7,000 lbs rolling away from you gets your attention.

SOOOO, I broke out the brand new Wheel Gizmos I just bought. These Scissors Locks spread with a special Ratchet like the letter 'x', and exert a bunch of lateral force to keep the Wheels from rolling. Obviously, deploying them first is now my new Standard Operating Procedure. As is leaving one of two massive Towing Safely Chains clipped onto the Truck until set-up is complete.

I also broke out a new long range Cellular Antenna that was part of a recent Amazon ordering frenzy, and captured a Cell Tower Helen Gone down in the Valley.

Meanwhile, Thunder/Lightning came crashing in for an Hour while I sat under the yuge Awning. Then, some Gomer a few hundred feet away felt the need to break out what sounds like an AR-15 [given the non-stop firing pattern from a large Bullet Clip] to illegally shoot at who-knows-what in near-darkness. He peeled off at least 60 Rounds. Mebbe he's tricked it out with a Night Vision Scope. Just what you do in a busy Forest Campground on an American Holiday: shoot at Trees. MesaDog was not thrilled.

Solar-charged Trailer Battery Power is working fine, so we all good! I'm thinkin' Chinese Lunch tomorrow, and - of course - the neato River-side Dog Park. Mebbe swing by wherever all the Bikers in Town for a Motorcycle Rally are congregated. Mebbe I can find Jen a new Boyfriend who's not incarcerated.