Notices

Music Helps Sober Weekender Sept 2 Part 1

Old 09-03-2016, 06:11 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

is it muted? ... are the speakers on? .... have you rebooted?
Old 09-03-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

yeah, I rebooted... then I watched that video WITH the sound, now I know I'm gonna have nightmares...

hope all had a good Saturday, despite the nicks and bruises and feeling sick...
it's better being sober having to deal with the bumps in the road -
I guess it's x-files with the wiff...
g'nite
Old 09-03-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
yeah, I rebooted... then I watched that video WITH the sound, now I know I'm gonna have nightmares...

Night Brain
Old 09-03-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Hi everyone -
I hope everyone is doing well tonight.
I just skimmed the prior pages. Behan. ..I hope Finn is ok.
I had a really nice time at the craft fair today (at a native American pueblo). Got 4 pairs of earing and a ring. The earrings were only $10.
I took my lunch so I was able to avoid the junk food.
ok...quiet night around here. I took the doggies for an evening walk and we all enjoyed it. Now watching 24.
Tomorrow I'm going to the lake. Life is good!!
Old 09-03-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Sounds like a nice day, HaF. Score on the earrings.

I'll have to look up Jacob Wetterling story because i heard a brief blurb on the radio and I remember from when I lived in Minnesota.

Venecia, I'm glad it wasn't more serious for your mom but still scary.

Behan, hopefully Finn has a good night. Is he teething?

Marty, it is sad to see someone you know in that state and realize that it was once you. Enjoy a peaceful evening.

I'm going to an AA picnic tomorrow. It's usually fun and the kids enjoy themselves because there's tons for them to do. But now, ice cream and a shower. I have sand in my hair. And I was not in the Rubettes. Although if they were that awful I may as well have been as I have no singing talent whatsoever.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Morning everyone 4.30am here in the UK but thankfully this time, it was just the wind that woke me and feels great not to be diving onto facebook wondering wtf I wrote last night
Hope you're all having a good day/evening/morning. Off to make some more coffee. Catch up later x
PS That's windy weather by the way, I haven't woken up gastric.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:58 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Old 09-03-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Good night! !
Old 09-03-2016, 09:13 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

According to this 2016 Story, my Home State is on that Gastric issue, Zanna...

- Bovine Boofs To Be Regulated In California -

Another aspect - the self-imposed Gastric upset - of my Doofus Drinking I sho don't miss...
Old 09-03-2016, 09:22 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
According to this 2016 Story, my Home State is on that Gastric issue, Zanna...

- Bovine Boofs To Be Regulated In California -

Another aspect - the self-imposed Gastric upset - of my Doofus Drinking I sho don't miss...

By the way - did you know that in the UK Trump is (and always has been), another name for 'fart' ?
Old 09-03-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good morning everyone

LB I lost sound on the vids too for a brief period and had one or two other tech issues on my android phone, Samsung. On my PC everything is fine so the problems must be at my end

Ruby, I hope you have an enjoyable time at the picnic on Sunday as you deserve a break

Seems I won on the Euro millions lottery held on Friday night - £8.50 so I haven't ordered the Gulfstream just yet

Have a good day too Zanna
Old 09-04-2016, 01:22 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just tried my first glass of unsweetened soya milk - it's not for me I think
Old 09-04-2016, 01:36 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
Just tried my first glass of unsweetened soya milk - it's not for me I think
Yeah, that stuff's nasty. Can you get almond milk there?
Old 09-04-2016, 02:30 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Yeah, that stuff's nasty. Can you get almond milk there?
Yes - it is quite popular, I keep meaning to try it but always forget

I think there must be some sort of steampunk event locally, I have seen two groups of them
Old 09-04-2016, 02:53 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Do your best

Almond milk has too many carbs for me Trachs I know I'd like it too lol

I just realised that ok soya milk ain't the nicest taste in the world but it's almost no carbs has no sugar or sweetners has a bunch of vitimins in it & is my best choice by far

I can't lie it's an acquired taste but I hardly have milk anyway

Off to buy a sit up bench that also allows declined bench presses
Old 09-04-2016, 03:01 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad everything turned out ok Ven.

Enjoy the day guys
D
Old 09-04-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Aside from the weird dream I had, well let's call it interesting, it was about work, I woke up with this song playing in my head.

I'm already dressed to start outside, have to haul out the miter saw and table today. Staging tools can be done in the dark. High of 81 (27c) with no clouds and low humidity, perfect day to do work in the yard - perfect day to do a million other things outside too...

Have a good day all, don't forget to have your plan in place to get you through the day, and remember, you don't have to go anyplace where people are drinking.
Rock N Roll
Old 09-04-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Yes, I did it!

I've caught up with the thread!

Jen - I love cooking too, and bottle used to be my favorite companion. It was kind of a ritual - having the first glass of wine just before the cooking starts. This first warm wave of relaxation. Then more glasses with cooking itself. Then after.

I am not cooking much now, I mean I am cooking all my food but I don’t do this “creative cooking” - when trying new recipes, etc. It’s partically due to financial issues, lots of worries, lots of things to do. I think I should re-introduce it in my life - maybe, once a week.

And I agree with Marty about days when a lot is going on and then nothing at all. I suffer from this imbalance too. I used to think that having the entire day with nothing to do at all and just watching TV was relaxation, but now I tend to think it’s more of torture. Balance is crucial.

Oh, just read about “Auntie” thing - maybe, you should put a notice on paper “Yes, Mum, I know that Auntie is here”.

Ruby - sorry about the situation with after school care. Hope it will be resolved soon.

Sao - great point about buying alcohol even if we don’t drink it. This “cultural obligation” just drives me mad now.

Mexanix - I think I will try your cherry tomato sauce the first thing when I start cooking again - this is for my next weekend plan once I get some money ( I have about $2 left at the moment of which I have to pay for a train ticket next week and buy some bottled water. No cherries for me till at least Friday when the next paycheck arrives).

Kinzoku - Thanks for the link with korean music - never checked it out before.

Behan - Love your fireplace!

LadyBlue - Sorry about your hubby’s hand and finacial difficulties. My, do I understand you!

SW - I am dreaming of days when I can do online shopping (too expensive for me now). I am so sick of dragging my healthy-food groceries (I have no car)

Marty - I don’t know who is handyman but you can get all the hugs you need to keep you from beating loneliness with someone who is, I suppose, belongs to the past.

BIG HUG!

Mesa - Send some serendipity my way, please. I need to dilute my worrisomdipity and crazidipity with something brighter.

Venecia - That is brutal. Get well soon!

PurpleKnight - City of Ruins. I think I’ve been a permanent resident there since I was born.

LBrain - I hope shrubbery that you planted in the dark won’t surprise you in the daylight)

To everyone who suffers from toxic people - I think there should be the law to take care of their wastes to protect environment

LightningBug - Welcome to you and your Walmart panties)

Oh, I am not much of biter, but I can serve a decent jab. Will it work?

Weasel - Flying fried chickens landing on your car? Hope your car is ok.

SW - Coconut milk? It tastes ok for me. Good luck with sit up bench!

I am currently doing research about an app to block unwatned calls from banks and , further, collectors, on my phone. Exciting life I am going to have soon, ha?

Also I am doing the math how to allocate my 1 buck-for-food fund between bottled water and a cabbage head.

Have a good day, weekenders!
Old 09-04-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hey Midnight Sao Trachs L D

The almond milk I looked at yesterday seemed to have too many carbs but after trachs mentioning about it I had another look and found one that has basically no carbs & is unsweetened it's called almond breeze

Thanks Trachs

Got the sit up bench and were off out to do 7 miles exercises il fit it when we get back
Old 09-04-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Congrats on good find with almond milk and sit-up bench, SW!

I need to go out to the gym too.

First, I have a legs workout planned.

And second I can already feel a panic attack creeping on me. These freaking thoughts just tear me apart.

I've never in my life felt safe at home - neither when a child, nor where I live now. And now I have this ordeal ahead of me. It's just so humiliating to have no place where I can feel safe. Like a dog which can be abused around and has no right to live a better life.

I always feel like i try to grab any peaceful moment possible because the hell will rain at me any moment.

And it's just plain easier to start a war - at least I will not be at mercy of anyone any longer.

I have a lot of things to do , and writing too. And I can't focus and I am about to scream.

Thank you for listening.